OT: Bears & NFL Talk 101

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
I think he needs to be the second receiving option above Allen, like yesterday.
Yeah, I don't know if it's that he's going up against inferior players because he's WR3, or if he's just that good, but man. He's so open, so often.

I would not be surprised to see that adjustment being made over the bye week after London.

I think he might be the best Bears receiver next year.

Reactions: GIADF

GIADF

Aug 17, 2024
Yeah, I don't know if it's that he's going up against inferior players because he's WR3, or if he's just that good, but man. He's so open, so often.

I would not be surprised to see that adjustment being made over the bye week after London.

I think he might be the best Bears receiver next year.

I think it's a bit of both. He could easily have 2-3 more TDs and 150 or so more yards on the season if it weren't for some of the times he's been held and interfered with.

Reactions: Romang67

GIADF

Aug 17, 2024

If only there was a way to predict this may have been an issue.

Mind boggling that they wouldn't have planned to leave early to avoid any disruptions in travel, especially given the distance.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Sounds like the Bears will be short Brisker and Stevenson this Sunday. Brisker with a concussion, Stevenson with a calf issue that apparently flared up during the week.

Jaylon Jones next man up for Stevenson, with Terell Smith already out. Hicks in instead of Brisker.

More pressure on the D-line to put pressure on Lawrence quickly.

Reactions: GIADF

GIADF

Aug 17, 2024
Sounds like the Bears will be short Brisker and Stevenson this Sunday. Brisker with a concussion, Stevenson with a calf issue that apparently flared up during the week.

Jaylon Jones next man up for Stevenson, with Terell Smith already out. Hicks in instead of Brisker.

Well that's not great, but thankfully I'm not too scared of Jacksonville's WR/TE options after Thomas Jr who JJ can easily shut down.

Gave Davis and Ingram are also listed as Q, but I don't think Jacksonville has logged an injury report this week for us to know their practice status.

plasmonresonance

Jul 28, 2015

As banged up as the secondary appears, the Bears streak of holding oppnents under 21 points could be in jeopardy. Don't care about the streak as long as Chicago ends up with a W.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
As banged up as the secondary appears, the Bears streak of holding oppnents under 21 points could be in jeopardy. Don't care about the streak as long as Chicago ends up with a W.
It's gonna be a tough one for sure. Hopefully their O-line is feeling the late travel day on Sunday. D-line will need a big day.

GIADF

Aug 17, 2024

I think it's going to be a weird and sloppy game which could end up being really high or low scoring.

Between our injury concerns and Jacksonville being scheduled to arrive on Friday at 10:30am... That's a short turnaround time to acclimate to the time change and jet lag from an 8+ hour flight. I'm glad the Bears flew in as early as they did and I think that will give them a decent edge vs Jacksonville's approach.

bwanajamba

Apr 18, 2019
Won't be able to watch this weekend but on paper, it should be another big game for the offense. Jags are giving up the most pass ypg in the league and are 28th in yards/attempt defensively, and they theoretically will have their body clocks off due to the delay getting to London. I would be very encouraged if Caleb can break the usual Bears QB mold of not capitalizing on this kind of opportunity to keep rolling

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Won't be able to watch this weekend but on paper, it should be another big game for the offense. Jags are giving up the most pass ypg in the league and are 28th in yards/attempt defensively, and they theoretically will have their body clocks off due to the delay getting to London. I would be very encouraged if Caleb can break the usual Bears QB mold of not capitalizing on this kind of opportunity to keep rolling
Probably comes down to the tackles and run game. If the run game can stay somewhat productive, and Hines-Allen and Walker can't just freely pin their ears back all game, that will be a big plus. If Jones and Wright can lose slowly, or not lose at all, that would also be big, and the receivers should be able to take advantage of their secondary.

If the line collapses like they did against Houston, and the run game doesn't get going, their secondary only needs to stay on the receivers for a second or so after the snap.

Reactions: bwanajamba

GIADF

Aug 17, 2024
Jets traded for him. That is so Jets.

Traded for a guy who wanted out because he wanted to get paid and they didn’t pay the guy.

Although the fact his agent fired him certainly makes it look like he’s being unreasonable on his end as well. Odd stuff.

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
Traded for a guy who wanted out because he wanted to get paid and they didn’t pay the guy.

Although the fact his agent fired him certainly makes it look like he’s being unreasonable on his end as well. Odd stuff.
They KNEW he wanted to get paid and they are refusing to pay him because Jets. That is why I said what I said. If they were not going to pay him, they should not have traded for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad