OT: Bears & NFL Talk 101

GIADF

Aug 17, 2024
With the deadline fast approaching (November 5), do the Bears consider trading Teven Jenkins?

I can't imagine he would fetch anything worth trading for between not having a contract for next year and how many games he's missed in his career.

Even if Murray steals his roster spot, I'd rather keep Teven as depth.

Reactions: Romang67

plasmonresonance

Jul 28, 2015
Brisker apparently didn't travel with the team to London due to concussion sypmtoms. Unclear if they just want to give him a couple of days before a long flight or if he's out for the game but hopefully they don't risk it if there's any doubt
I was but surprised when he popped right up after that big hit which caused the fumble. Concussion symptoms must have risen post game, possibly overnight. Flus made no mention of Brisker in his Monday presser, only mentioning Teven's ankle.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
There are two reasons to move him:

1. He is a pending FA. Bears don't seem interesting in locking him up long term.

2. He can't stay healthy.

I think they should consider it.
I just don't see any team offering a pick that outweighs the value of guard depth. Also, I think he's has the highest potential play of any guard they have. I'm guessing he sits in London, then there is the bye, and then hopefully he comes back and plays well again after that.

He's been really disappointing this year though. I would have loved for them to not have to find an entire new interior on the O-line next season. But Shelton isn't getting it done, Davis is the most cut-man-walking in the league, and Jenkins not only showed he can't go a season without getting injured, but also all of a sudden sucks in his contract year.

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
I just don't see any team offering a pick that outweighs the value of guard depth. Also, I think he's has the highest potential play of any guard they have. I'm guessing he sits in London, then there is the bye, and then hopefully he comes back and plays well again after that.

He's been really disappointing this year though. I would have loved for them to not have to find an entire new interior on the O-line next season. But Shelton isn't getting it done, Davis is the most cut-man-walking in the league, and Jenkins not only showed he can't go a season without getting injured, but also all of a sudden sucks in his contract year.
Fair enough.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Unlike the previous couple of years, I don't see either an obvious candidate for trading away, nor do I see an obvious position that should and can be upgraded.

Yes, the Bears desperately need a better O-lineman (or 3-4). But no one is trading a quality O-lineman in the middle of the season. They could use an upgrade over Walker, but they aren't contenders, so what's the point of wasting draft picks on that this season?

I think this trade deadline will be quiet for the first time under Poles.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

GIADF

Aug 17, 2024
Unlike the previous couple of years, I don't see either an obvious candidate for trading away, nor do I see an obvious position that should and can be upgraded.

Yes, the Bears desperately need a better O-lineman (or 3-4). But no one is trading a quality O-lineman in the middle of the season. They could use an upgrade over Walker, but they aren't contenders, so what's the point of wasting draft picks on that this season?

I think this trade deadline will be quiet for the first time under Poles.

Has a decent offensive lineman ever been available at the TDL? I can't imagine so, but that's the only position I'd even consider trading for.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Has a decent offensive lineman ever been available at the TDL? I can't imagine so, but that's the only position I'd even consider trading for.
Only way a team would trade a good offensive lineman in season would probably be if they were holding out or were questionable to have enough left in them to last an extension. So yeah, can't see it happening.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad