Pre-Game Talk: 10/8 GAME 1 (Approximately 7:15 PM) - Season 101 Begins - ESPN, ESPN+, SN, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
1728404244133.png

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
Korpisalo was named the starter for game 1 before Swayman was signed. Most likely a ploy by management to let Sway know they were ready to move on without him.

Korpisalo's not a dope. He knows the situation. I'm sure there was more conversation than reported. Anyway, he's in no position to be complaining about anything.
Used and abused in the media by MGMT. If you're ok with this, I'm glad your not my boss.

I just can't see Swayman getting the nod with 0 pre-season action and maybe 1 practice.
Finally we agree on something:thumbu::sarcasm:

Reactions: Gordoff

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
I think the chemistry is gonna be ugly for a few games. Hoping to be surprised but it's an altered structure with a lot of new faces as core components. I don't anticipate much retaliation from the playoffs but this Bruins team seems more equipped to get scrappy if the situation calls for it.

Reactions: Gordoff

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Playoffs:

Debrusk 5-6-11 -5
Geekie 4-1-5 even

No one is expecting Geekie to change his game. Simply to step into the 2nd line role.
Now do all time playoff stats.

Again. No comparison.

I don't think Geekie is the answer for the 2nd line. But we'll see if he can step in and provide. He's gonna have to, among others. Might be a committee for a bit. If we're in the hunt, they'll probably look at someone at the deadline.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
McAvoy
Pastrnak - Lindhom - Zacha
Marchand

Lohrei/Lindholm
Frederic - Coyle - (I'd put Johnson here)
Brazeau?

Unless they want to even them out a bit more

I'd definitely put Brazeau out there. He's not afraid to settle in front of the net for one thing plus with his IQ and soft hands he could definitely score some goals. At the very least he could draw a defender away from his teammates. Right now everyone knows the Bruins PP relies on perimeter shots, it is that predictable & thus more easily defended.

Oh and one more thing (yes I've complained about it before) each PP gets 60 seconds to score. Last few seasons PP1 has been out there 1:30 and too often has done nothing with that extra 30 seconds except to pass the puck around a few more times. :eyeroll:

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
It's not that McAvoy is particularly bad at the point, but I think saving his minutes for even strength would be a more efficient use of him. And Lohrei has a prodigious talent for puck moving but is young and you may still want to shelter his minutes. It makes sense, but Monty is falling into number one defenseman must be on the PP1 unit at all times trap.

Reactions: BMC

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Ugh. McAvoy is a trainwreck at the point. It's just not his thing.

It hasn't been, but they really want and need him to take that next step and go from very good to elite. I do wonder how many kicks at the PP can he is going to get, though. Obviously, I would love to see it click for him (I think we all would) and hope it happens.

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad