Pre-Game Talk: GM 1 | Vancouver Canucks vs. Calgary Flames | Wednesday, October 9 | 7:00PM PST | SPAC

calnuck

Nov 26, 2010
CA
Not to derail the thread, but even with all of his terrible moves we would have come out of the Benning era in decent shape had ownership fired him before the OEL fiasco.
New management has really turned this around quickly but the OEL buyout penalty will be a big handicap for next year and the year after especially.
Crazy that he was allowed to make such an obviously potentially franchise crippling move, especially considering it was known across the league. The buyout penalty sucks but having competent management keeps me optimistic that they’ll be able to adapt

Truly amazing what a competent management team can do and completely insane Benning was allowed to go on for as long as he did.
I sincerely hope he never gets a job as an nhl gm ever again. I wouldn’t even wish him on the Oilers

calnuck

Nov 26, 2010
CA
On a more positive note, regular season let’s goooooooo!
1728402548413.gif

• Love
Reactions: AlainVigneaultsGum

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
Not to derail the thread, but even with all of his terrible moves we would have come out of the Benning era in decent shape had ownership fired him before the OEL fiasco.
New management has really turned this around quickly but the OEL buyout penalty will be a big handicap for next year and the year after especially.
Nah Benning bros told me cap space doesn’t matter

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
agreed. benning before that last hail mary left more positives than negatives.

i think in the end oel was the price we had to paiy to get rid of aquaman's meddling, not benning.

for now, anyway.

They still pump him up on twitter - insanity.
reason number eleven billon why i am glad that elon doesn't let you surf twitter without an account.

Reactions: Bgav

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
That was the problem. You never go into an offseason with the GM under fire. They will make swing for the fences moves to save their job. And if it doesn't work out, that's on the next GM to fix and deal with. Totally on FA for that.

With Green and the coaching staff's contracts expiring, it was the time to reset everything and allow a new GM to come in and clean house. But, no. FA decides to double down.

It's something the new regime has to manage. Cap is going up 5% (max per MOU), unless the 2 sides agree to increase it more. So, that will help. But, the assets that have been wasted, can't get those back.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Finally the season is starting! Waiting for this since the game 7 loss to the Oilers, high Playoff expectations for the Canucks this season but have to get there first, the season will be a grind, excited for game 1 of 82!

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018

This is huge news for both players if true! So happy Joshua is doing well and Demko is progressing. I do hope they take their time — we have the depth to do so.

Agreed. Need both players 110% for the 2nd half of the season and the playoffs. Joshua should take an extra couple weeks to just keep training getting into incredible physical shape before returning so he can absolutely crunch opponents during the stretch drive and playoffs.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
I am guessing we see:

Hoglander Raty Garland
Suter Blueger Sherwood

My body is ready

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad