London Knights 2024-25 Season Thread, Part I

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
So not a very big sample size then. I'd say, like any team, the Sharks are more likely to put their prospects where they can develop the best. I don't doubt that if Cowan were eligible for the AHL that he'd be with the Marlies. Wouldn't surprise me if Kasper stuck in the AHL and even got called up at some point
I agree with you that there is a distinct possibility that he stays, but until the Barracuda cut their roster down to 13 forwards there is just as good a possibility that he returns to London. He can still come back for the WJC and go on another championship run, that is not a bad option.

If Josh Bloom can be sent back as an OA I think it shows that there is faith in the OHL as great development option for 19/20 year olds

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
If Josh Bloom can be sent back as an OA I think it shows that there is faith in the OHL as great development option for 19/20 year olds

Have you seen Blooms minor league stats last season? He's been sent to the ECHL again this season.

Last edited:

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
I just look at what San Jose did with Filip Bystedt, he was their 2022 first rounder and he had a cup of coffee for the Barracuda last year and produced! 8GP 4G 3A before being released back to SHL Linkoping HC

He was the only 2004 on the team last year with a higher pedigree than Halttunen and was sent back. I think San Jose has a long view and appreciates a slow development curve for most of their prospects. If there is a possibility that Haltunen is on a line with Musty and has another year with Dickinson I dont think that is a negative thing.

gotta remember haltunnen in the playoffs and mem cup was playing his best hockey of the whole year. No point in him coming back to junior other than putting some more points up and maybe winning another championship.

Playing with men in the AHL would be more beneficial to him. If he struggled similar to how Mesar did his first year with Kitchener, and how Sale struggled with barrie/Kitchener I think it would be a no brainer to send him back- however that was definitely not the case with Haltunnen. They’ll try the AHL experiment and if he really sucks they may look at sending him back

Haltunnen had 2 assists vs Bakersfield Oct 4, had 4 shots then Oct 6 vs Bakersfield he had 4 shots again. Leading the team in total number of shots with the 2 games combined. Doesn’t sound like a guy struggling much

Bloom played 14 games and had 1 point in the AHL and then 8 games and 2 points in the ECHL. He was struggling and it’s why he was returned. Don’t think Haltunnen comes back unless he really struggles like that

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
With regards to Haltunnen has ArielNederland offered an opinion? Because normally going with the 180 approach to there choice works out as reality?
LOL, just poking fun ArielNederland love that you offer an opinion but never seen someone post a thought so often and immediately the opposite happens? Reminds me a bit of George on Seinfeld with his do the opposite approach! Cheers

ArielNederland

Jun 21, 2021
With regards to Haltunnen has ArielNederland offered an opinion? Because normally going with the 180 approach to there choice works out as reality?
LOL, just poking fun ArielNederland love that you offer an opinion but never seen someone post a thought so often and immediately the opposite happens? Reminds me a bit of George on Seinfeld with his do the opposite approach! Cheers
Maybe I should keep doing it to benefit london 😄 🤣

Knightsfan90

Sep 17, 2014
I don't see the knights paying the price for Musty atm

With the ask being 3 young prospects and 4-5 high picks(2nds&3rds) I think that's too rich for Mark Hunter if we go from past trades

Knightsfan90

Sep 17, 2014
@LDN Is that you 😂🤣😂🤣

If this was ever offered I hope Mark Blocks and deletes Papineau number

Attachments

• Screenshot_20241008_171338_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20241008_171338_Chrome.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 1
  • Haha
Reactions: Geff

Ad

Upcoming events