Barré-Boulet, Kapanen or Heineman : Who's the one staying ?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who's the one staying with the team ?

• Alex Barré-Boulet

Votes: 10 9.0%
  • Emil Heineman

Votes: 16 14.4%
  • Oliver Kapanen

Votes: 85 76.6%

• Total voters

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
Depends if they decide to keep 13 or 14 forwards. They could keep two if they only have 13 forwards if Roy is sent down.
Unless there's a good reason to keep 8 D-Men or 3 netminders that I'm not aware of, 14 forwards will remain up.

No reason to send Roy down, unless you really, really want Joel Armia on the second line.

Id send Roy and ABB in the AHL , keep Heineman and Kapanen. Roy sucks

I’d keep Kap, Hein, and Tuch before Roy.

The guy is lazy, and was invisible. Scary to think people are pushing this guy to be on the 2nd line.
Be honest and admit that you just want Armia on the second line.

Reactions: HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Habby4Life

First pick overall goes to the Montreal Canadiens
Nov 12, 2008
Unless there's a good reason to keep 8 D-Men or 3 netminders that I'm not aware of, 14 forwards will remain up.

No reason to send Roy down, unless you really, really want Joel Armia on the second line.

Be honest and admit that you just want Armia on the second line.
No I’d like to see Kap or Hein.
Roy sucks!!!

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
...So basically, keep Roy (middle-6), ABB (14th forward) an Kapanen (W/C option for the bottom 6, additionnal face-off possibility too, in other words, 12th forward). With Pezzetta being the 13th forward.

eklund the clown

Dec 28, 2010
Kapanen for sure and it's not even close.I don't know if Roy is injured or he thinks he can just flick a switch but he has been invisible.Not good at all .Boulet as said is too small and we have enough smurfs .Heiny can go to the AHL and call up if need be.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Kapanen had already started is season in the SHL make sense that he was more game ready than everyone else.. if it to play bottom 6 minute I rather have someone else. Let Kapanen play top line minutes in the SHL. Like ABB but Heineman is better suited for bottom 6.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I think Kapanen has more chances of staying. Management and MSL have done nothing but praise him. That's a sign that he's ahead in any race.

Even Dach was on Spittin' Chicklets the other day and spoke about Kapanen.

But I think Heineman is doing real well and if he doesn't stay, he's ensuring he will be among the first call ups.

ABB is also having a real good camp and I think he might also stay with RHP out. Although I'd love to see how much he'd help the Rocket.

Reactions: CheldishGamibno

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
I wished both ABB and Kapanen would stay but for it to happen MSL would have to sit one of Gally or Anderson so it won't happen.

I voted for ABB because Kap is still young and another year in Europe would not be detrimental.

But if MSL has guts he will sit Anderson. The guy is useless.
Gally had a decent end of the season so I'm not against giving him another chance.
Gally will get injured and that's almost for sure. So there will be opportunity for the third name on the list.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
I don't know if Harvey-Pinard has a spot anymore. Probably comes back and gets sent on a conditioning stint in Laval then becomes the 13th forward.

I'd pick between Kapanen and Heineman... hard to chose which as I like both. Probably Heineman.

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
From the preseason alone, all three deserve to be on the team. Unfortunately the salary cap is super restrictive. I understand why, but it sucks that you basically have to give spots to some players based on contracts.

I don't know if Harvey-Pinard has a spot anymore. Probably comes back and gets sent on a conditioning stint in Laval then becomes the 13th forward.

I'd pick between Kapanen and Heineman... hard to chose which as I like both. Probably Heineman.
I like both a lot. I purely choose Kapanen because otherwise he's gone to Europe.

First Line

Summer of Love
Aug 21, 2002
Laval
Kapanen had the best camp so far, so you keep him until he gives you a reason to send him back just like they did with Roy last season.

Ironically, Roy is given them all the reasons to send him back down this year. If there is no more injuries he might go to Laval and they could choose ABB.

ABB is Rem Pitlick all over again, he might make some points but in the long run RHP and Roy will be back and he will go to Laval by December if not sooner

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Kapanen for me.

All three I thought had good camps. ABB I dismissed out of hand but he surprised me. If he clears waivers, he'd be a great injury call up who can actually hang.

With Heineman, there's something there. Might need another year but I think he's worth a look.
Let's say management has Kapanen as the best of the 3. So they keep Kaoanen.

Do we then keep 14 forwards instead of risking putting Pez or ABB through waivers? We'll see...

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Let's say management has Kapanen as the best of the 3. So they keep Kaoanen.

Do we then keep 14 forwards instead of risking putting Pez or ABB through waivers? We'll see...
I think so. We don't need 8 D when the guys sitting are not the age of ABB or Pezz.
I think our four top defenders are Matheson, Guhle, Savard and Struble, with Hutson the offenceman. Xhekaj and Barron will split 6th/7th duties. Mailloux and Engstrom to Laval instead of press box.

Eventually, RHP¨and ABB will compete for the extra F spot, while Laine may take the place of a traded vet with expiring contract (Dvorak, Armia, Pezzetta or Evans) or a new injured player.

Reactions: 26Mats

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I think so. We don't need 8 D when the guys sitting are not the age of ABB or Pezz.
I think our four top defenders are Matheson, Guhle, Savard and Struble, with Hutson the offenceman. Xhekaj and Barron will split 6th/7th duties. Mailloux and Engstrom to Laval instead of press box.

They could also go 13 forwards, 7 dmen, and 2 goalies.

Is it better to have ABB playing in Laval, but risk losing him to waivers, or sitting in the stands?

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
They could also go 13 forwards, 7 dmen, and 2 goalies.

Is it better to have ABB playing in Laval, but risk losing him to waivers, or sitting in the stands?
It is better for ABB to be in the NHL if he is top 14.

Meanwhile I'm wondering how Hughes is intending to achieve his goal of getting us under the cap with Price not needing to go on LTIR. Doeesd he move Armia or Dvorak before the season? Oe is a top 9 forward, and the other our only good LH faceoff take. Evans and P:ezzetta don't earn enough to get us under the cap.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
It is better for ABB to be in the NHL if he is top 14.
Remember when we had Frolik but never played him? Frolik later said that ruined his career. I suppose we could keep ABB as the 13th/14th forward and then if there are no injuries and he doesn't play for long stretches, send him down later.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I wasn't that inspired with Kapanen's play as a winger maybe he needs more reps or maybe he needs better line-mates.
His play took a distinct upturn when he was slotted back at center.
Keep him if we are sure we can give him meaningful minutes.

ABB and RHP aren't long term solutions and I seriously doubt RHP ever makes it back as a Hab.
He'll probably get loaned to Laval on a conditioning stint and I don't think he'll be able to out-play our best prospects.
I'd keep Heineman over those guys but I get the feeling that ain't gonna happen.

So Kapanen and Heineman for me.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
I really like what ABB show in camp but he would be my next cut. I would most definitely keep Kapanen and Heineman on the team to start the season and sit Pezzetta and one of Gallagher/Dvorak/Anderson and roll the following lines.

13-14-20
15-77-89
51-91-40
28-71-17
Extra: 11-55

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad