Prospect Info: Bakersfield Condors 24-25 thread

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Interesting note with the Panthers - they have 3 of the top 4 picks from the 2014 entry draft on their roster.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Did it ever come out why we didn’t sign Blumel? Seemed like an obvious ELC
No reasoning was ever given. Blumel’s agent said it appeared the Oilers weren’t interested in signing him.

We speculated it was because they weren’t happy he chose to go back home rather than continue developing in North America but we don’t really know.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

midnightcopper

Apr 28, 2021
Reactions: oilers'72

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
The loss of Lavoie opens a door for Petrov.

It’s up to him to grab it.
100%. Shit or get off the pot time. No Lavoie, Bourgault or Tullio in his way. It's pretty much him, Savoie, Wright and Griffith (is he a C there?) as RH wingers down there now I believe.

Anyone hear any updates on Jarventie? The Condors could really use a boost with the loss of Lavoie.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
This was purely stat watching!

I don't have the Condors package this year. It's about 150 bucks more this year. My friend has it though, so I'll be able to see some future games I hope.
$150 more? Holy crap. What's the total price then? IMO this is a poor year to drop that kind of coin since the team is mostly non prospects.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
$150 more? Holy crap. What's the total price then? IMO this is a poor year to drop that kind of coin since the team is mostly non prospects.

Last year getting a one team package was something like 80 CAD.

Now the AHL partnered with FloSports, who doesn't offer team specific deals.

It's 40 bucks a MONTH CAD, or 210 bucks for an annual pass.

So, you actually get a lot more content since Flo offers AHL, ECHL, and other lower leagues...but I only watch Bakersfield.

This Reddit post sums up how people feel about FloSports.

Flosports is a scam. They scoop in and take over production from leagues/ organizations, then charge gatekeeping fees to watch previously free stuff.

I know because they tried it with climbing competitions, but the community ousted them before they could get going. If you look at what they did to wrestling, or even go into the wrestling subreddits you can find tons of anecdotes about them being crappy.

Oilhawks

Over Old Hills
Nov 24, 2011
Last year getting a one team package was something like 80 CAD.

Now the AHL partnered with FloSports, who doesn't offer team specific deals.

It's 40 bucks a MONTH CAD, or 210 bucks for an annual pass.

So, you actually get a lot more content since Flo offers AHL, ECHL, and other lower leagues...but I only watch Bakersfield.

This Reddit post sums up how people feel about FloSports.

That's pretty steep for lower level pro sports, even if it's "everything". Seems like one of those 'grab a few buddies and pool some dough together' if you have a dedicated watch group sort of thing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad