Prospect Info: Bakersfield Condors '23-'24 Thread

CROTT

Aug 25, 2007
Edmonton
Anyone know anything about this kid?

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Anyone see multiple 50 goal seasons coming down the pipe??? I always thought he had the potential to put up points but believed they would be far more A's than G's.
I don't think anyone did, but when you have Connor McDavid feeding you the puck, it's a given you're going to get more than your fair share. Zak Hyman another case in point.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
I don't think anyone did, but when you have Connor McDavid feeding you the puck, it's a given you're going to get more than your fair share. Zak Hyman another case in point.
Sure, but the difference is that Hyman has always been more of a goal scorer than a playmaker. Leon as a kid was an elite distributor but was not the one shot demon you see today. That was a completely new wrinkle in his game. I first saw this watching him practice those insane angle shots with McDavid during the warm-ups in about his third year. Since then he has perfected that shot. It is really quite insane how accurate he is.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

midnightcopper

Apr 28, 2021
Guaranteed? Broberg if he's still around, I'd also bet on Lavoie finally getting a proper shot.

Odds are the Oil will sign a cheap vet or two to round out the bottom 6. Personally, I wouldn't mind bringing Henrique and maybe Janmark back if their contracts don't break the bank. Maybe a reunion with Kostin if the Sharks aren't super high on him?

Bakersfield was super heavy on vets this year with Pederson, Griffith, Gags, Cags, Hamblin, Malone, McKegg, and Enre all in the top 9 mix; the two prospects featured were Holloway and Lavoie.

Next year I think it'll just Pederson, Caggiula, and Hamblin as the "veteran" core, with Bourgault, Tullio, Petrov, and Savoie being given every opportunity to rise to the top, and Wright, Grubbe, and Philp in the next group pushing them.
I hope Petrov makes a jump next year with the Condors. I think he's a bit of a darkhorse, but he's got good size and a great wrister. Came on a bit at the end of the year, but hoping for some bigger improvement in his second go round. Kind of pulling for him since his days with the Battalion.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad