News Article: Babcock article - Noone is spared

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
I'm guessing that's why Corrado has voiced notable displeasure about Babcock since his time with the Leafs :laugh:
Yeah, it was Babcock that sewered Corrado's "career".

The world is a funny place. Babcock does a few dick things and is the devil. Another guy literally ignores a dick and the world is clamoring for him to become an NHL coach again.

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
Can you be a good coach these days while being a crappy person? I think the answer is no, the world seems to have largely moved on from being willing to ignore old school phycological warfare army drill sergeant type stuff.

He was a good coach, when you still could.

Viewing pleasure:

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
Absolute freak towards winning and success.

You can see how that doesn't jive with the Leafs' multi-millionaire bunch.

And it's pretty unfortunate for all parties concerned,

The only player that seems to take winning as hard as Babcock seems to be William Nylander, which should surprise most people.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Lauro

Dave92

Oct 9, 2019

Attachments

• Screenshot (2).png
    Screenshot (2).png
    80.3 KB · Views: 12

Gilmour1996

Oct 16, 2022
Guy couldn’t even release this through a source without a paywall?
Disable javascript on that site and you're good to go.

Oops... just noticed that Dave92 had already provided the correct answer.

Last edited:

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Yeah, it was Babcock that sewered Corrado's "career".

The world is a funny place. Babcock does a few dick things and is the devil. Another guy literally ignores a dick and the world is clamoring for him to become an NHL coach again.
You can’t make this shit up if you tried, like I said earlier no principles, plenty of hypocrisy……..

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
While Babcock is an irredeemable asshole, it's fairly evident that he wasn't wrong about the fatal flaw with this core. Both things can be true.
Babcock should have known better than to criticize Gods, I still can’t believe he allowed mgmt to make him go to the dessert to wash Austin’s feet, it’s no wonder these guys are entitled pricks and have never been reined in……..

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
No doubt in my mind that Babcock tried to be the recent version of 1967 Imlach. When you have Bay Street players like Mitchy that can not work, actually it cannot work for the past 20 years. Nothing wrong with disliking a coach, like Torts, who may be unreasonable at times for all the right reasons, but Babs was just manipulative.
As for Commodore, what a joke this guy has been since birth. So many teams walked from him for non hockey reasons. For his writing to have any impact he must have cred. He has none. That doesn't mean Babs was not a total jerk, it means this is about 1 jerk calling another jerk, a jerk.

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
Babcock should have known better than to criticize Gods, I still can’t believe he allowed mgmt to make him go to the dessert to wash Austin’s feet, it’s no wonder these guys are entitled pricks and have never been reined in……..
Man Matthews has never come off as egotistical and is pretty gracious and professional with the media. He just scored more goals than anyone in 30 years , has won the Hart amd multiple other big trophys and he just wants to win. He played through severe illness had to be pulled by doctors. You can't say shit like washing his feet like he's some prick who demands worship. How is he entitled , when he has every reason to be by the way?? Matthews wants to win at all costs , he would play through a migraine and he never held out and missed games due to contract issues. Really need to lay off someone who just put up 70 goals.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Man Matthews has never come off as egotistical and is pretty gracious and professional with the media. He just scored more goals than anyone in 30 years , has won the Hart amd multiple other big trophys and he just wants to win. He played through severe illness had to be pulled by doctors. You can't say shit like washing his feet like he's some prick who demands worship. How is he entitled , when he has every reason to be by the way?? Matthews wants to win at all costs , he would play through a migraine and he never held out and missed games due to contract issues. Really need to lay off someone who just put up 70 goals.
What severe illness?

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
What severe illness?
Diarrhea

You have proof that Matthews would play through migraines? Good for you

Reactions: Leafshater67

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
While Babcock is an irredeemable asshole, it's fairly evident that he wasn't wrong about the fatal flaw with this core. Both things can be true.

Babcock said the supporting cast wasn't good enough. He actually defended the core's lack of production in the playoffs.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Well he did have to go to Austin to pick up the stone tablets with the cores 12 commandments

Babcock said the supporting cast wasn't good enough. He actually defended the core's lack of production in the playoffs.
The irony now is you can’t afford better support cast because the 4 amigos take so much of the pie and it’s only going to be worse next year

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Well he did have to go to Austin to pick up the stone tablets with the cores 12 commandments

The irony now is you can’t afford better support cast because the 4 amigos take so much of the pie and it’s only going to be worse next year
Pretty much spot on assessment imo…….

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I wonder if there's a chance NYI go for him when they realize Roy can't really coach?

I suspect him getting fired before playing even a single a game with the last team likely sealed his fate from getting another gig. Few ownership groups are going to want the risk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad