Confirmed with Link: Axel Sandin-Pellikka signs three year entry level contract

Coach Reggie Dunlop

Jun 9, 2021
Michigan
Sorry, guys clearly our best prospect. He was last year too. For someone his age his production as a defenseman is unprecedented, and his defensive play just keeps getting better. I don’t see anyway he doesn’t flourish as our 2nd pair RD and QB of our powerplay. Shit you could maybe even play him in the ovechkin spot and have seider and him both on the powerplay lmao.

Reactions: RedHawkDown

suovas

Sep 7, 2022
Sorry, guys clearly our best prospect. He was last year too. For someone his age his production as a defenseman is unprecedented, and his defensive play just keeps getting better. I don’t see anyway he doesn’t flourish as our 2nd pair RD and QB of our powerplay. Shit you could maybe even play him in the ovechkin spot and have seider and him both on the powerplay lmao.

Actually, if talking current season, his production is unprecedented for someone of any age since he has the most points of all defensemen in the SHL :)

izlez

Carter Mazur Fan Club
Feb 28, 2012
Since there are currently 4 threads going nuts about his 3 point game, can I point out/ask what the hell that was to earn a secondary assist on the MBN goal?

Not so sure a weak backhanded 50 ft pass directly to a guy on the other team is really indicative of his skill/IQ/chemistry with MBN. That pass is easily intercepted and kills the PP 99/100 times

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Since there are currently 4 threads going nuts about his 3 point game, can I point out/ask what the hell that was to earn a secondary assist on the MBN goal?

Not so sure a weak backhanded 50 ft pass directly to a guy on the other team is really indicative of his skill/IQ/chemistry with MBN. That pass is easily intercepted and kills the PP 99/100 times
It wasn’t a PP.

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
Great video here slowing the play down and giving us a real idea of what this kid is seeing in real time on the ice out there. Hot take here - his head fakes (ability to freeze players) are Adam Fox-caliber

I feel he's going to take the WJC by storm and finish the SHL season very strong

Personally, my NHL projection for him has been a 60-65 point offensive #2D. If he's passable at the NHL level defensively, you could bump him into a #1D-caliber offensive D. At that point he may also be a 70+ point guy too

I'm being "conservative" on that projection for reasons of course like how he hasn't played on smaller ice surfaces for an extended period of time. Now with that being said, his entire offensive game is tailored for tight spaces and razor thin margins. I think he's a very high end (potentially elite) prospect in that regard

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad