Series Talk: Avs Stanley Cup Celebration Pictures and Videos Thread

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Of all the players from last year's team I feel like Murray fit in the least.
I’d argue it was Jost. He had no set role, no identity on the team any longer. And he knew it, that’s why he asked out.

It’s a shame about Murray. Took him a bit of time (and at least one uproariously bad game) to get up to speed. Then he was fine, but then he got hurt again not long after.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Ceremony

How I choose to feel is how I am
Jun 8, 2012
None of the former players have played in Denver yet, we still need to see their tribute videos.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas

Alright, who's subscribed to this idiot's substack and can tell us what this says? I'm only interested because of the supposed response of the NHL that "something good is coming".

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
I will do it when someone tells me what information is behind that goddamn paywall.

@Sea Eagles get in here--i'm sure you're subscribed to Dater's Substack, what's in that link about the Avs championship video?
I get this question at least once every few days: “Dater, when is the Avalanche championship video/DVD coming?” And my answer has been: “Uh, I’m not sure. I would have thought it would have been out by now.”

I got more clarity on that today from my sources at the NHL.

To quote one of them anonymously: “Something good is coming. We hope to have an update for Avs fans very soon.”

A championship DVD/VHS has been de rigueur for fans of Stanley Cup-winning teams, all the way back to the 1980s. There is a DVD you can buy, right now, on the 2021 Stanley Cup champion Tampa Bay Lightning.

They are cherished keepsakes to many, many fans. I know I probably watched the 1996 Avalanche VHS tape of “The Colorado Avalanche Landslide: 1995-96 Championship Season” about, I would say, 150 times from the fall of 1996 to the present. (You can still order a VHS copy here). Keep in mind: that was my rookie year covering an NHL team, and they go and win the Stanley Cup. For me, it was kind of a continuous “did this really happen?” affirmation that it did, and most of those TV highlights I never really ever saw until the video came out (because I was always at the games themselves and didn’t tape them). That rookie season happened so fast and was such a sensory overload to me, that I just didn’t have any time to process any of it soon after it was over. That video really helped do that for me. I still watch it sometimes.

Let’s take on “big media” with our own pirate ship here. Subscribe to my own pirate site, and get the inside stuff from a big-media expatriate
Subscribed
My recollection of the 1996 championship video/DVD, along with the 2001 one entitled “Mission Accomplished”, is that they came out just before or early in the next season. I’m typing this on Jan. 9, almost halfway through the 2022-23 season, and there still is no video/DVD yet. I would have thought the NHL would have wanted to have a video out before Christmas, but it didn’t happen.

As I wrote above, from sources, the “something good is coming” answer was to a direct question I posed about whether a video/DVD would still happen or not.

So, to answer everybody’s question: Yeah, I think there will be a video/DVD. Why it’s taken so long? Not quite clear on that yet.

But better late than never.

It’s possible that this “video” might be in the form of an ESPN+ thing, where you need to be a subscriber to that platform to see it. Things have evolved somewhat for the NHL and video stuff, whereby ESPN could be a conduit to everything.

I probably shouldn’t speculate much more beyond that, because I don’t know exactly what’s coming down the pike. But, as the theme of this post strongly suggests:

Something is coming.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad