Series Talk: Avs Stanley Cup Celebration Pictures and Videos Thread

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
You know what? Even if a few guys don't re-sign, or the leave the team down the line, this group will forever be linked and will meet up again at reunions and commemorative events. Just imagine a 50-year old Kadri showing up at an Avs game and ovation he'll receive, even if a week from now he signs a 7 year deal with the Flyers.

dmac7719

Apr 27, 2018
Ontario
This is nothing compared to the beating it took from the Caps. :laugh:
Avs have a long ways to go

FWlBrQWUcAA1TGY

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
The only positive of the cap is that everyone has to deal with it. The Leafs can't go out and buy a $10m goalie. The Bolts are having to trade McDonagh. The Oilers are, well, the Oilers. We're going to lose some guys. But our opponents will too. We're still going to be in good shape to defend.

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
You know what? Even if a few guys don't re-sign, or the leave the team down the line, this group will forever be linked and will meet up again at reunions and commemorative events. Just imagine a 50-year old Kadri showing up at an Avs game and ovation he'll receive, even if a week from now he signs a 7 year deal with the Flyers.
The identity and character of this Avs squad was indelible. This was a team of f***ing warriors. Never say quit! Wherever they end up, they will always be Avs at heart.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
What a 180 degree difference between the forum from last season’s post-VGK series and now. From reflection, evaluation, self-analysis as a team and finally coming full circle to now with just sheer utter happiness and exuberant elation. We really deserved it.
I don't think a team becomes a champion without heartache and disappointment. Tampa went to the finals against Chicago, missed the playoffs two seasons later, became a behemoth who then was swept by Columbus before going to the finals 3 straight years and walking away with 2 cups.

There's some random one offs but I think for the majority of teams you have to experience losing it before you can win it.

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
I don't think a team becomes a champion without heartache and disappointment. Tampa went to the finals against Chicago, missed the playoffs two seasons later, became a behemoth who then was swept by Columbus before going to the finals 3 straight years and walking away with 2 cups.

There's some random one offs but I think for the majority of teams you have to experience losing it before you can win it.
Exactly. Everyone on the Avs learned from their prior experiences and not just the VGK series. The lessons of having important players go down with injuries and other guys being able to take their place in order to succeed. We're talking multi-year lessons that were learned and incorporated into the team. That's why when I read about the Leafs and Panthers, it's like guys, you don't just go waltzing into the SCF and easily win it unless you're incredibly lucky.

Reactions: Snow Arc

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
NAK must have great tolerance, was constantly drinking and down interacting with the fans but somehow seemed a bit more functional and coordinated than a lot of the other guys lol

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
There are no dynasties in the cap era + it's entirely possible that Kadri, Nuke, Kuemper, Manson and others all walk in two weeks.

We are guaranteed keeping some of them, no way Joe just lets every ufa walk lol. Nuke will be priority surely.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad