Prospect Info: Jesse Pulkkinen (D), 54th Overall 2024 NHL Draft

The Real JT

Be fearful of mediocrity
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
Am I crazy, or do a lot of the write ups make everyone sound like an all star?
No clicks without hype.

We’re past the point where we can expect journalism for journalism’s sake.

Since he is an Isles prospect, I don’t mind it at all. We all need some extra enthusiasm about our prospect pool.

Last edited:

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Am I crazy, or do a lot of the write ups make everyone sound like an all star?
If you think about it, Pulkkinen was the 54th player selected in a draft of ALL the hockey players in his birth year in the world. So yeah, anybody in that kind of select company is probably pretty good. Whether he takes the next step to the NHL is the "crapshoot" element of the equation.

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
If you think about it, Pulkkinen was the 54th player selected in a draft of ALL the hockey players in his birth year in the world. So yeah, anybody in that kind of select company is probably pretty good. Whether he takes the next step to the NHL is the "crapshoot" element of the equation.
I was speaking generally.

Reactions: doublechili

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
I was speaking generally.
Yeah, I wasn't meaning to contradict what you said - I knew what you meant and don't disagree. Really just pointing out what I forget myself sometimes - anyone who's drafted is pretty good.

JRD76

Aug 11, 2013
Any word on his injury status? Got injured a little over a month ago.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Any word on his injury status? Got injured a little over a month ago.
Was wondering the same thing. Yet to play for JyP.

It's looking like he's going to be out for a while.

His Finnish team has advertised that he's back in the fold for the season but hasn't reported on when he'll be ready to play.

He did a chat-style interview with a few sports podcast guys that you can find on Spotify but there's no transcript of it.

I was worried that he had an ankle injury similar to what Wilde had a few years back, but it seems to be something else in light of the fact that he was skating with the team in August/September.

Reactions: SI90

jani

Oct 15, 2023
Pulkkinen played his first game of the season yesterday, after an injury. He was the 7th dman with 9+ minutes of ice time and wasn't involved in any goals for or against.

His team plays again today and Pulkkinen has been moved to the 3rd pairing. I'll follow him more closely and see if there's anything worth of reporting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad