Confirmed with Link: Avs sign Georgiev to 3-year x $3.4M AAV deal

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
He's looked really good so far. Yeah, its a small sample size, but he looks so much more positionally sound than Grubauer or Kuemper. He doesn't need to be the best goalie in the league on this team, just stop most of the shots and steal an occasional game for us when we have a bad night.

Hopefully when he has a bad game, HFAvs can remind themselves that all goalies have bad games including top tier goalies like Vasi, Roy, Hasek, Brodeur, Dryden, etc...

Who am I kidding? The whole board will melt down.

We said this about the past goalies as well...yes, we need him to do those things. But more importantly, we need him to not turn into a complete sieve like Kuemps was in the post season!

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
It's almost always a huge mistake to go max term with a goalie. And I promise you the cap hit would not have been as palatable as it currently is if Sakic pushed for more years. Right now he's at great value (there are backups making more than he is) up until his age 29-30 year. This also gives them time to develop a goalie in-house.
HAHAHA

Gumballhead

Nov 18, 2002
Chicago
scotchhorns.bandcamp.com
The issues weren't with TPS, they were with Voskrensenk that lead him to going to TPS to begin with. The Russian national team stuff is from the 2019 Worlds. These are not exactly secrets and there is some legitimacy on both sides. I'm not judging him as a bad teammate, just saying he has a reputation that has followed him.
He's in calm waters now, Cup contender who believes in him. If he starts screwing up and Frankie gets a lot more starts and then we hear things, then yeah he's got a thing.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Elvis was so highly touted around here. Truth is he’s never been more than a 1A/1B low level starter for his duration in the nhl
According to that chart he's ECHL level. He barely made it :laugh:

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
He's had a baddddd year so far. I don't know what's the cause because who willingly watches Columbus but he did go down with a hip injury so maybe it was bothering him and he was just waiting for Korpisalo to come back.
Apparently he wasn't great last year too, Columbus fans are pretty fed up with Elvis.

I drank the koolaid and drafted him, expecting him to be a top 10 goalie this year. lul.

• Wow
Reactions: Balthazar

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Another Jussi Parkkila masterclass

It's still SSS though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad