Confirmed with Link: Avs sign Evan Rodrigues - 1 year 2M AAV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
LOL...... followed E-Rod's entry and growth thru the Sabre's organization. He's not a replacement for Bura much less Kadri although he WILL frustrate you with his "almost" goal chances like Bura did.

Evan has good speed and a decent shot and pretty fair hockey sense. He's the little engine who could... or sometimes, couldn't..

Time with the Pen's made him better because he was surrounded with better talent than the Sabres had so that should apply here as well.

All in all, I'd rather the Avs kept Bura but heck, I do welcome him to the team.

I'm just not THAT excited about it.

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Avs were still the best team in west before signing E Rod, they're just little bit better now with him. Didn't have to give up anything to get him

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I think maybe I am guilty of maybe over-estimating the powers of our forward group, but I'm thinking that they can cover a lot of warts in a centers game. Playing between Lehks and Rants, well let's be frank there are lots of worse wingers to play with. That's why I remain somewhat hopeful that someone in the Rodrigues, Newhook, Meyers combo steps up and takes over as an adequate 2C, if not Joe goes shopping again and we get that much deeper or not if he has to use NHL players in the trade.

Anyways, I guess I'm just optimistic in general and looking forward to hearing reports from training camp.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
LOL...... followed E-Rod's entry and growth thru the Sabre's organization. He's not a replacement for Bura much less Kadri although he WILL frustrate you with his "almost" goal chances like Bura did.

Evan has good speed and a decent shot and pretty fair hockey sense. He's the little engine who could... or sometimes, couldn't..

Time with the Pen's made him better because he was surrounded with better talent than the Sabres had so that should apply here as well.

All in all, I'd rather the Avs kept Bura but heck, I do welcome him to the team.

I'm just not THAT excited about it.

@Chiarelli mentioned Rodrigues as more of a Donskoi replacement and I think that's a good comparable.

My nitpick this off-season has been about Colorado potentially heading into the season with one of Blidh, Kaut, MacDermid, or Sedlak in an everyday role. This signing removes that possibility, until injuries strike (and they will).

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Don’t really understand any kind of resistance to this signing.

He’s not a second line centre, but who is a 2C that’s available?

The Avs are going to give Ben Meyers and Alex Newhook a chance to play prominent roles (possibly at centre) and they have vets in Compher/Rodrigues to help fill in if they falter. Oh, and they can still accrue a boat load of cap space for the deadline.

They needed another top-9 forward and they got one. Lots of versatility in this lineup.

Reactions: cccoltsicehockey

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
american-psycho-maybe.gif

All depends on how many the Avs carry, and how well the guys on ELCs perform. If the Avs carry 23... then they are only accruing on 1m in space on a daily rate. If the Avs carry 20-21, they might be accruing at an over 2m daily rate. If Byram plays a top 4 role and scores a good amount, 850k could be bonuses. He blows up in a big way, he could take up more than that current space by himself. Newhook and Meyers could take up a mil with theirs too. Now the bonuses could be pushed to next year... but ~$2m next year could be even more critical than this year.
Oh for f***'s sake.

Why light a candle when you can curse the darkness?

1663029320983.png

1663029520839.png

Reactions: Snow Arc

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
This is what I see happening opening night:

Landeskog - Mack - Nuke
Lehkonen - Compher - Rantanen
Newhook - Rodrigues - LOC
Meyers - Helm - Cogs
Sedlak/Blidh/Kaut/Maltsev/Ranta

Although I wouldn't mind trying these variations
Landeskog - Mack - Nuke
Lehkonen - Rantanen - Rodrigues
Newhook - Compher - LOC
Meyers - Helm - Cogs

Landeskog - Mack - Rantanen
Lehkonen - Newhook - Nuke
Meyers - Compher - Rodrigues
Cogs- Helm - LOC

Needless to say, we have options until the deadline

Reactions: Heyduke

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
This is what I see happening opening night:

Landeskog - Mack - Nuke
Lehkonen - Compher - Rantanen
Newhook - Rodrigues - LOC
Meyers - Helm - Cogs

Although I wouldn't mind trying these variations
Landeskog - Mack - Nuke
Lehkonen - Rantanen - Rodrigues
Newhook - Compher - LOC
Meyers - Helm - Cogs

Landeskog - Mack - Rantanen
Lehkonen - Newhook - Nuke
Meyers - Compher - Rodrigues
Cogs- Helm - LOC

Needless to say, we have options until the deadline
ERod is noticeably much worse when he's not playing center fwiw.

Reactions: StaalForOne

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
They can make it work somehow.
Yeah absolutely things can be made to work, what sacrifices have to be made are variable based on how they handle this season. If the absolutely don’t want bonuses to carryover, they have to be done and have a less than full roster. If they are okay with bonuses rolling over, they can accrue up to a 2m daily rate until the deadline. Which will be significant space if they want to use it.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Very interesting to see Penguins fans say he’s better at Centre.

I’ve seen a few people here say he’s better on the wing. It will be interesting to see how things play out.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Love this signing and had a pretty good feeling he was coming here, there was no way we were going to go into next season with a group of Meyers/Compher/Newhook/Helm for our #2-4C. Zero downside and pretty decent upside.

Our center depth was pretty pathetic with Kadri leaving and while ERod is no world-beater, this team shouldn't implode if Mack gets injured for a little bit.

Reactions: katfude

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
I don't have strong opinion on the move but I trust our pro scouting staff. They have shown a keen eye to find cheap pieces that fit.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Love this signing and had a pretty good feeling he was coming here, there was no way we were going to go into next season with a group of Meyers/Compher/Newhook/Helm for our #2-4C. Zero downside and pretty decent upside.

Our center depth was pretty pathetic with Kadri leaving and while ERod is no world-beater, this team shouldn't implode if Mack gets injured for a little bit.
Sure there’s a downside.

Oblivion Beckons

Jan 20, 2021
Fine deal for a 3rd liner. Going to be open competition for that 2C spot, hopefully one of Rodrigues, Meyers Newhook or even Compher steps up to the task.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad