GDT: Avs @ Sabres | 11 AM MT | Hello, Mr. Thompson

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Right?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AvBuff

May 1, 2019
The 21-22 Avs lost 3 straight in October and then got swept by Columbus back to back in November.

Long season, funks happen. We banked some points early

Makars health is all that matters right now.

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
The 21-22 Avs lost 3 straight in October and then got swept by Columbus back to back in November.

Long season, funks happen. We banked some points early

Makars health is all that matters right now.
Ya, and how did that season turn out?

That's what I thought.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
I like a lot of what this team did tonight. Just got to clean up a few things defensively and tweak the PP.

Nah, I kid, this is a clusterf***.
The Avs were themselves for the first 4 or so minutes of the 1st period. After that....pretty much nothing...... Sabres clogged NZ and killed the Avs speed and rush.

Reactions: wayninja

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Maybe he misses a game cause he's sore, or something, but he looked like his normal self in the 3rd. Moving around fine, change of direction was fine, didn't seem slowed or laboring at all.
That does sound promising, but once the pads are off and swelling happens, things change. I saw Tim Tebow score a touchdown with a broken leg in college. Sometimes athletes with all that adrenaline running through their system do crazy things.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Did anyone expect or forecast a 4 -0 shut out? For the Sabres??

I watch them all the time and I sure didn't.
I thought we'd score a few but was fully expecting a loss today. Last game of the road trip and an early Sunday matinee game is always a recipe for a stinker.

I thought we'd beat the Penguins on Thursday and then see our win streak end in a 5 -2 type of game today to the Sabres.

That's what I thought.
Ummmm, I think that's exactly the point he was making?

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022

That's what I thought.
Traded a formerly highly thought of prospect for Nico Sturm and lost Kadri.

So Byram for hoglander or something. And Nuke attends his regularly scheduled Friday night orgy and decides not to leave the room for 3 years.

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
These are the games where having a guy like Landy is sorely missed. Avs started pretty good, but crumbled after a few big saves from their goalie and the shitty turnover from Manson which led to a goal.

Landy would be able to reel the team back in. He's a huge huge leader. Mack, Cale and Rants don't have that in them I don't think. Not to Landys level anyways.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Maybe he misses a game cause he's sore, or something, but he looked like his normal self in the 3rd. Moving around fine, change of direction was fine, didn't seem slowed or laboring at all.
Agreed. He went down awkwardly twisting his right leg under his body.

Frankly, Cale was in no hurry to recover the puck while Okposo was going full speed.

Maybe... a borderline boarding call but both arrived at the same time and Cale seems surprised and also lost his right skate footing - skate off the ice.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
I thought we'd score a few but was fully expecting a loss today. Last game of the road trip and an early Sunday matinee game is always a recipe for a stinker.

I thought we'd beat the Penguins on Thursday and then see our win streak end in a 5 -2 type of game today to the Sabres.

Ummmm, I think that's exactly the point he was making?
Insert "Thats The Joke" gif.

Spender

Feb 16, 2013
Växjö
What a stinker of a game, just completely anemic. At least in the Penguins game we looked decent but had some bad puck luck.

Reactions: GeoRox89

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Yeah I mean from what I saw he looked normal when skating in the 3rd.

Like you said maybe a game or 2 if he wakes up super sore. But I'd say the likelihood of anything longer isn't super likely.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad