GDT: Avs @ Kraken - 10/22/2024 @ 6:30 PM MST (yet another emergency GDT)

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Ya, I'd actually say Ritchie's play has gotten WORSE somehow over the last 7 games. His defence was always bad but in the first couple games it seemed like he was more involved offensively. Now he's not doing anything but hurting the team.
Probably getting overwhelmed and overthinking things right now.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012

Holy shit, Ritchie should probably be sent down after this game. He got absolutely murdered in only 6-plus minutes of ice time.

The rest of the chart plays out about how you'd expect.
It is not just this game, but in general his defense and impact is incredibly bad right now. He's not a high motor guy, so if he's not making a good impact, he should be sitting. But the Avs just don't have a ton of bodies to right now.

Reactions: Pokecheque

AVSfan2daMAX

Nov 24, 2006

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I didn't even know it was possible to have such poor stats in 6 minutes of ice time.

Matches the eye test though. He's not ready to be an NHLer this year.
I do hope he injects some more energy into his game. He just looks like a statue out there whenever I notice him. Bednar snuck him out there for some power play time in the latter half of the game but that was about it, I think he double-shifted Kiviranta (who was excellent) in his place.

Reactions: AVSfan2daMAX

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Publicly trashing your guy is a bullet you can only fire once.
Peter DeBoer
6LvJOyK.gif

Hesher

Sagan for President
Jan 22, 2013
Slovakia
- the second period was probably the best period the Avs have played this season. The game would have been over if it wasn't for Kovalenko's brainfart

- if Cale was playing for a Canadian team the Norris hype machine would be in overdrive right now

- Kivi and Ivan look much better than Kelly

- just get rid of George and go with the Finns until something better becomes available

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad