GDT: Avs @ Kraken - 10/22/2024 @ 6:30 PM MST (yet another emergency GDT)

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Team came out slow and you just got the feeling that on a George night we’d be down 2-0 or 3-0 by the end of the first period.

Instead, Annunen stops all 12 shots he faced in the opening 20 minutes and bails the team out. The momentum boost was immediate. Kiviranta goal with a minute left and then a second period of complete Avs domination.

The feeling a team gets when they trust the guy behind them and know he can keep them afloat even when they’re not at their best simply can’t be measured. It’s massive.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
"Wasn't very busy again, but he was fine I guess. We're confident Georgiev would've shut the door on those two goals, so, we really have no choice but to go back to him. He's our guy."
I thought Fat Boy (Cheeks) was solid and dialed in. If George would have been in net, it would have been over by the 10 minute mark of the 1st.

Avs D (both the pairs and the defending fwds) played a strong supporting game tonight.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
CDH in the most useless player on the roster. Doesn’t hit, doesn’t really block that many shots, doesn’t win puck battles, can’t secure the puck, turns the puck over when he DOES have it,
Turns out that all 3 dmen that they got last summer were bad: Kylington, CDH and Brannstrom.

Malinski and Ludwig are better.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Team came out slow and you just got the feeling that on a George night we’d be down 2-0 or 3-0 by the end of the first period.

Instead, Annunen stops all 12 shots he faced in the opening 20 minutes and bails the team out. The momentum boost was immediate. Kiviranta goal with a minute left and then a second period of complete Avs domination.

The feeling a team gets when they trust the guy behind them and know he can keep them afloat even when they’re not at their best simply can’t be measured. It’s massive.
The Avs are down 2 goals in the first 10 minutes if 5giev played tonight.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
CDH in the most useless player on the roster. Doesn’t hit, doesn’t really block that many shots, doesn’t win puck battles, can’t secure the puck, turns the puck over when he DOES have it,
He is genuinely horrible and I have no idea why he remains in the lineup over Ludvig unless Bednar REALLY doesn't like Ludvig's game.

De Haan has no idea what to do with the puck once he gets it on his stick, he gets muscled off of pucks so easily in the corners and on the wall, and he does NOTHING in front of the net. At least with Manson he's trying to either block the shot or cross checking the f*** out of someone or slashing the living hell out of somebody's calf. De Haan gets moved out of the way AND doesn't clear pucks/block passes. He's more useless than Girard is in front and that's saying something.

jani

Oct 15, 2023
Great goaltending, which was much needed, as many of the guys had left their legs in California. Still, I think the team as a whole played the 3rd period in the way that the game demanded.

Ritchie is probably OHL-bound after a couple more games.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
How do we trade Georgiev should honestly be the question CMac deals with now.

I already have more confident in Kahkonen then I do George and obviously it isn't even close with Annunen right now.

George is $3.4M of cap space we could be banking or at least spending much better at this point.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
Seattle
How do we trade Georgiev should honestly be the question CMac deals with now.

I already have more confident in Kahkonen then I do George and obviously it isn't even close with Annunen right now.

George is $3.4M of cap space we could be banking or at least spending much better at this point.
I'm sure when the eventually trade for Gibson/Blackwood, George will go the other way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad