Post-Game Talk: Pens/Flames

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Ned is OK backup. We need a really good goalie with this kind of defense. Dann were half decent tonight, it’s our forwards that miss assignments on these goals. Ned look like an undersized midget in those shootouts.
All the trust in this Sid Rust combo is mind boggling, pooor DOC he was just playing great when they put him on L1 so he can be drawn in mediocrity.
Again 3 goals against

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I was hoping EK would take another step this season but man has he been atrocious defensively and the offense he's bringing is not making up for it.

Letang has been even worse but EK is younger. Letang at 34 was playing wayyyy better than EK is at the same age.

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
Team sucks, but that's nothing new and it will continue to suck. Dubas won't be trading picks/prospects for reinforcements since we're in a so called "rebuild". We should've waited for Sid to retire and then rebuild, but I guess that idiot Dubas knows best lmao

That aside, I hope that Glass gets a look with Sid. He has earned it.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
If I thought that the Pens had a snowball's chance in hell of another Cup, I might be interested enough to get upset.

I am interested enough to watch and enjoy them playing. Especially the stars who brought us three Cups.

The Pens also have a handful of players who will command a really strong price at the trade deadline.

Expectations.

The difference between a heart attack and simply enjoying an hour or two of some hockey.

What's there to say about an organization that refuses to address any of its problems and make a decision?
When their problem is that the stars are too old and the cupboard is bare from two decades of trading most of their picks away, what do you expect them to do to "fix" that issue?

Reactions: Giskard

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
What's there to say about an organization that refuses to address any of its problems and make a decision?
I mean, seriously. What were people expecting when this organization refused to fire Sullivan and when they continue to cater to mid tier veterans like Rust?

Literally zero chance this team would be good unless Sid and Geno basically drank from the fountain of youth and could peak Geno/Sid their way to a playoff berth.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
It's not even the losses, man. I don't really care if the team's winning or losing if they have zero realistic shot at a Cup. I watched the post-Jagr, pre-Sid handful of years. I've been a Bills fan my whole life--winning is cool but not a requirement.

The issue is that this team's so f***ing boring, predictable, *and* unlikable. Yet, they're somehow still so damn arrogant and full of themselves despite having essentially nothing more to show than the Sabres, Coyotes, or Sens over the past handful of years. I know people are gonna be like "bro they made the playoffs" yadda yadda. This team's been dead in the water since Mario, with his mind already set on selling the team, just shrugged after the Habs play-in. That was the nail in the coffin imo.

It's just frustrating to watch the same reruns for going on like seven years, the team on a steep and steady decline the whole way, while people laud this coach for being one of the best in the business and we constantly get failures from ownership and FO dweebs, across multiple regimes for both. And they can't even start an earnest tear down in preparation for the next chapter cuz their golden boy coach is slated to coach Team USA, and Sid's gotta hang around to get another shot at gold with MacKinnon and McDavid. So this organization's just held hostage, in suspended animation, until like 2027. :laugh:

Last edited:

Honour Over Glory

Blomqvist for Vezina + ROTY
Jan 30, 2012
The team is not one unit. And that is only a system base issue. Malkin, Crosby, Karlsson, but them on any other team right now and they will dominate. The pens are getting bottom scoring on a regular basis more than our top six. 100% system based. No one on the team played terrible to be honest.
It's been a systems based failure 9 times out of 10 and the usual mouth pieces for the Pens media will make you think some players let the team down instead.

Sullivan seems to go unscathed all the time. So if I gotta hope for losses until this beantown bell end is finally canned, so be it.

Hayes - Glass - Acciari is the best 4th line this team has had in ages.

But you can't wear them out by playing them for like 5 out of the last 10 minutes of regulation.

Sullivan's man management makes no sense.
giphy.gif

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Hayes - Glass - Acciari is the best 4th line this team has had in ages.

But you can't wear them out by playing them for like 5 out of the last 10 minutes of regulation.

Sullivan's man management makes no sense.

A caphit of over 8 million, it better be the best 4th line.

Honour Over Glory

Blomqvist for Vezina + ROTY
Jan 30, 2012
That tying goal was just hilarious. Blokes want to blame Graves for it but it's not on him at all. He's battling a Flames player on Ned's right and then also clearing the crease right after that with a other flame and then a third flame enters the left of Ned. Kadri skates by Glass who pivots back and Acciari cuts across the crease to butt f*** nowhere, Letang is off to chase some Flames player and then comes back to take the other flame that was to the left of Graves as he's taking out the other player in front already and Kadri skates behind the net without issue and then out to the left and goal.

How the f*** is that on Graves? I get he's the one everyone wants to shit on, but he's oddly been ok all season overall. Even in this game in that play, he was doing more than he should have because the Pens were sloppy as shit.

Eller is facing the wrong way. I get Glass is trying to stay high to block off the point and the wall but Acciari is wtf, he abandoned his assignment which would be an easy goal as he's teed up to the right of Ned and Graves is doing what he can, Letang is an adventure to nowhere, Acciari cuts across where he doesn't need to be and goes down to block, Letang is back too late...just a f***ing mess.
A caphit of over 8 million, it better be the best 4th line.
Acciari was also likely the reason the Flames tied it.

Not even the first time Kadri has turnstiled Acciari and Letang.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad