Post-Game Talk: GAME 7 - Nashville 4 BRUINS 0

xStanleyCupsFor

Sep 12, 2014
I’ve seen this before and the coaching change was next step

They are underachieving

At what level I don’t know but I think it’s between moderate to significant

If im a highly overpaid consultant I recommend to Donny that let’s see how the Bruins respond against two of the better teams over 4 days

If I don’t see passion I recommend Sacco Magic and Kelly runs F and Leach D~ no additional coaching adds. These 3 know this team and organization

What I expect to happen
Monty let go & team responds very well
I think it's still WAY too early to think coaching change. Give Monty a bit more time to sort things out. The current trend though is what's concerning. Players don't seem to be responding so far, same mistakes over and over. The undisciplined penalties are a real head scratcher. Many are of the bonehead variety, not because they're trying to be overly aggressive or truculant. I do agree though, let's see how they respond the next few games at least, and I would say even beyond that.

I don't think this is a bad roster, it just needs direction both in identity and play style. I don't mind Zadorov but to me it was less a priority than getting a scoring winger to replace JD. They are really missing that since Marchand is not what he used to be. Not many pure scoring threats out there beyond Pasta, who also seems lost at the moment. Gonna have to grind for greasy goals all year. Are they up for that?

The sad part is Nashville didn't play that much better.

And can someone explain to me why Swayman was pulled with over six minutes to play?
We all knew that wasn't going to end well.
My initial reaction was Maybe Monty is thinking I lose this game I'm out, might as well go down swinging. Seemed like a panic move

Reactions: JAD

Carl Hungus

Apr 20, 2022
Saros played well and the B's were shorthanded for what felt like way too much of the first 2 periods

If you're gonna get heavy, you need to play heavy. Otherwise this is what it looks like. Not enough skill to play like you have the 2022-2023 roster. No real identity right now. Last year was an underdog hustle mentality, so far this year it looks like some of the guys just expect things to fall into place.

All that said, would rather flounder now than later. Just hope they snap out of it at some point.

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
You can say it's too early to panic, and maybe it is, but the same things keep coming up every game (even when they win) and there's glaring problems that don't seem to have solutions.

The Jones experiment was a dud for example. He's just a penalty taking liability. Marchand looked better on the top line but Zacha became totally invisible. They play slow, stupid and make tons of mistakes. Sloppy every game and a low scoring team like this simply cannot make mistakes or play sloppy. It's suicide.

Rather than thinking about Monty extensions I think it's time to start a pool on how many more games until he's out the door and Jay Leach gets an interim shot at it. My early bet is 6 more games max unless things change drastically fast.

The off season plan was build a big team that can win in the playoffs but what they seem to have achieved is a team that won't even make the playoffs. On the bright side, we should get some good assets for Marchand and Frederic at the deadline. lol, that's right folks, we might end up as sellers!

This can all change fast, but it's a veteran team so I just don't see it happening. If this was a bunch of rookies sure, they might need time, but these guys should be better, if they could be. Very disappointing.

Reactions: bobbyorr04

frankiess

Jan 31, 2019
I’ve seen this before and the coaching change was next step

They are underachieving

At what level I don’t know but I think it’s between moderate to significant

If im a highly overpaid consultant I recommend to Donny that let’s see how the Bruins respond against two of the better teams over 4 days

If I don’t see passion I recommend Sacco Magic and Kelly runs F and Leach D~ no additional coaching adds. These 3 know this team and organization

What I expect to happen
Monty let go & team responds very well
''These 3 know this team and organization''
Maybe they're part of the problem.
Isn't Donny an overpaid consultant? When does Sweeney take responsibility for this team? Frederic is on the second powerplay unit, think about that.

Carl Hungus

Apr 20, 2022
The more I think about it the more confusing it is. Max Jones on the 2nd line. A guy who's game should be dump, forecheck, hit, straight line hockey. And he's out there peeling off hits and trying to make plays. Get me a Paul Maurice quote. I dunno about all this.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
The team isn't on the same page and it's clear. They don't know what style they want to play when they hit the ice and are careless with the puck with all of the behind the back prayer passes. Swayman's numbers look awful but he's been holding back the barrage from all the lazy turnovers his team is giving up in front of him.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
Another disappointing result but there were some silver linings...

The first line looked dangerous for the first time this season. Pasta had multiple breakaways, there were a couple quick setups for scoring chances to Lindholm and Marchand.

The PP had some of their best looks of the season. Zacha alone in front twice, Lindholm 1timer in the slot, Pasta's cross-crease pass blocked by a diving Predator.

Unfortunately, Saros sent a message to Swayman and looked unbeatable. I know he's struggled a bit but that was a "top5" performance from Saros.

Jones had some moments where you can see why they're trying to work him in. He's super fast and works hard... but the dumb penalties are a killer, and obviously he's not a top6 or even a top9 guy really. If they ever decide to move Beecher up Jones would be an interesting replacement.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad