Proposal: AVS & HABS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I project BB & CC actually having similar value in the long run, but there's just no reason for Colorado to make the deal. Montreal maybe, but not Colorado.

Reactions: Bender

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Caufield and Byram are on the same tier prospect

There's a stratosphere betweenn a future Ekholm and a 4th line plug
Caufield was the top goal scorer in the NCAA last year. Do you know who was number 2 behind him? Yep.

And sampo was not playing with future NHL player D Holloway either. That’s not some massive gap as your project.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Caufield was the top goal scorer in the NCAA last year. Do you know who was number 2 behind him? Yep.

And sampo was not playing with future NHL player D Holloway either. That’s not some massive gap as your project.
One of them was 18, the other one 20

I'll let you guess which ones which

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site

Is Caufield in some sort of time stasis where he is 18 forever? Sampo and Cole were drafted a year apart, Cole is also 20 going on 21 this year, so your math is bad.

Caufield is clearly a higher level of talent, but you seem to be dismissing Ranta without actually knowing anything about Ranta. This seems like a situation where you just looked at where they got drafted and made an assumption.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Is Caufield in some sort of time stasis where he is 18 forever? Sampo and Cole were drafted a year apart, Cole is also 20 going on 21 this year, so your math is bad.

Caufield is clearly a higher level of talent, but you seem to be dismissing Ranta without actually knowing anything about Ranta. This seems like a situation where you just looked at where they got drafted and made an assumption.
Habs Aren't trading a top5 prospect in the world and another prob around top30 for Byram and a guy who can't even crack the top100 prospect

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida

So a guy that’s 20 that is second in the NCAA in goals is somehow just some trash prospect? What’s trash is the way Montreal played last night getting demolished by Buffalo.

Sampo Ranta looks like an interesting prospect with power forward upside. You guys fawn all over your prospects like Brooks or KK (when he was a Habs guy).

Ranta, if on the Habs, would definitely be a guy you grade highly.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Habs Aren't trading a top5 prospect in the world and another prob around top30 for Byram and a guy who can't even crack the top100 prospect

That wasn't the comparison though, you insinuated that Guhle was guaranteed to be at least Ekholm level, while Sampo is some trash prospect - and your proof for this argument is what exactly? So far what you've proven is that you're bad at math, have a high opinion of your own opinion and don't actually know anything regarding another teams prospects. Then, when provided with rebuttals to your stance your response is to double down on said stance.

No Avs fans have said Sampo Ranta is some top tier prospect. However, he has already showed NHL potential after being a relatively after thought prospect.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
I would have think long and hard.... on both sides.
5 seconds passed... Yes for Mtl

Even better do you want Chariot for picks... 2nd and 4th?
Avs don’t need Chariot. He’s worse than our entire top six where number 6 is Ryan Murray. Erik Johnson is number 5. Both are better players than Chariot.

Moreover, Avs Don’t have the cap space or the picks.

I’m still up for Drouin for JTC but I doubt MB is. Otherwise, these teams never found a suitable deal between the clubs and I doubt their GMs have talked about it for months.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
No one is sending you a 20 year old, defensively physical, great skating, puck moving, top pair LHD. That’s something you’ll need to draft. Or sign for $9.75mm AAV x 8 when that type of player is a 29 year old UFA.

Last edited:

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
No one is sending you a 20 year old, defensively physical, great skating, puck moving, top pair LHD. That’s something you’ll need to draft. Or sign for $9.75mm AAV x 8 when that type of player is a 29 year old UFA.
Or wait till the VAs are cap strapped in the very near future and then offersheet one of them.

Lot's of options. Sending t2 X top30 prospects in the NHL for a B- prospect and a very good d-man isn't the way.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Lol oh boy

missing-point.jpg

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Or wait till the VAs are cap strapped in the very near future and then offersheet one of them.

Lot's of options. Sending t2 X top30 prospects in the NHL for a B- prospect and a very good d-man isn't the way.
Habs playing with OS? Didn’t learn your lesson yet huh. Not that Montreal has the cap space anyway but MB has a clear target on his back with the offer sheet.

Caufield being an American kid. He’d look good playing for the Yotes or Ducks next to Zegras. They’ll have plenty of cap space to OS him.

as bad as the Habs look this season, at least you’ll keep your top 10 puck away from Arizona.

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014

Avs have no threat of being cap strapped anytime in the near future.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
As a neutral fan, the Avs never do this. The Habs at least consider it. They may ultimately pass, but it’s not an automatic no like it’d be for Colorado. I feel like you take the top pairing defenseman every time unless maybe you think you’re getting a potential 1C.

Reactions: Eltuna

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
Caufield is a potential solution to our #2 winger for the next decade.
Byram is a potential solution to be our #2 defenseman for next decade.

I'll happily keep Byram, but neither teams would do this.
IMO Mtl would jump on this like a Fat kid on a candy. Trading an undersized scoring winger for a top 4 d-man who might be a number 2 is how you win cups.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad