GDT: Avs at Panthers | 4pm MT | Time To Show Us What You Have Inside

NMAvsman

Jan 28, 2007
It's interesting because the defense is basically the same but looks ten times worse. Goaltending was crappy back then too.

What happened to our defenders??
When the forwards can't control possession, we get pressed hard by the forecheck, and we don't hold up to well to it since we are smallish...JJ isn't a force anymore leaving just Manson. When you have Landy and Nuke backchecking on the first 2 lines, it is a completely different dynamic.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
When the forwards can't control possession, we get pressed hard by the forecheck, and we don't hold up to well to it since we are smallish...JJ isn't a force anymore leaving just Manson. When you have Landy and Nuke backchecking on the first 2 lines, it is a completely different dynamic.

True. That was noticeable difference last playoffs and the one we won. When we won we were hounding the opponents and forcing turnovers. It protected our D and terrible goaltending.

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
How can I say this...

You've got a better chance at getting a BJ from Taylor Swift before the end of today's game than the Avs getting a new starter this year.
Taylor swift is a nasty ass woman I’ll pass on the bj… you don’t think I’m well aware of what we can or can’t do misseaaon but then again I dint post some stupid ass trade ideas that really are f***ing stupid

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
It’s all down hill with this core, I don’t trust the front office to right the ship

mackinnon29

Nov 24, 2017
Can't retool with the age of the current core. MacK's 28 and Rants is about to get a raise. They're too old for retool. Either go for it or blow it up. The latter isn't an option with MacK-Makar-Rants in their prime. You have to go for it.
If the kings did it with an older kopitar and doughty they can with Mack and Makar, depends on the price tag for rants. He’s putting up points but it’s been a effect of playing with Mac

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I personally thought the D itself could do more, but they were more dependent on the overall play of the unit than I thought.

katfude

Sep 25, 2015
Maybe Parise introduced the guys to having camomile tea, comfy blankies and lullabies in the locker room, because these motherf***ers are playing sleepy

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I have to say, I can't even imagine what this place will be like after our top talents are gone. Because some of you are so miserable and defeatist already with this core.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad