Confirmed with Link: Avs acquire Casey Mittelstadt for Bo Byram

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
I had no problem at all with Mittelstadt. Give him a decent scoring wing on one side, and a forechecking front net presence on the other wing, and he'll put up lot of points.

He's sneaky good along the boards also. Good hands, plays defense. A lot to like here.
What I'm excited about is that he's developed a really strong work ethic off the ice as well, I could see him coming in next year addressing some weaknesses and gelling more with the Bednar system. My two gripes with him that I think he needs to fix are the soft passes in transition/entering the offensive zone, and for him to start shooting more.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
No one should give a f*** about Byram anymore, he's gone.

The only question that matters is can the Avs win another cup with Casey at 2C. I'm still not quite sold.
Well the Avs not winning a cup wouldn't be related to Mits ability imo. He's clearly capable of being a cup winning a cup as a 2C. The issues are far more about salary cup structure and getting good enough depth in the squad. Not sure if there will be enough cap space to build a deep enough squad to compliment the top guys.

Reactions: Mighty Makar

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
No one should give a f*** about Byram anymore, he's gone.

The only question that matters is can the Avs win another cup with Casey at 2C. I'm still not quite sold.
People still bitch and moan about Alexander Kerfoot on here so it’s entirely possible they do the same about Byram for years to come.

Personally I like the guy but I also think he will fall well short of his potential for a number of reasons. That said I hope he does great in Buffalo and proves me wrong. At this moment I really like the trade and I’m excited to see what they can do with a legit 1-2 center tandem going forward.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
People still bitch and moan about Alexander Kerfoot on here so it’s entirely possible they do the same about Byram for years to come.

Personally I like the guy but I also think he will fall well short of his potential for a number of reasons. That said I hope he does great in Buffalo and proves me wrong. At this moment I really like the trade and I’m excited to see what they can do with a legit 1-2 center tandem going forward.
What's the obsession with Byram here? It's not like he's turning out to be some stud out in Buffalo. He had a bit of post trade bump similar to Mittelstadt but he really fell back down to Earth after that.

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
What's the obsession with Byram here? It's not like he's turning out to be some stud out in Buffalo. He had a bit of post trade bump similar to Mittelstadt but he really fell back down to Earth after that.
Comments like this is why it’ll never die it’s essentially teolling

Chiarelli said:
People like(d) Byram?

BoxOfChocolates

Mar 7, 2010
This is revisionist history to reinforce a false narrative. I think maybe only 1 person suggested that, and I'm not sure if it was even genuine.

This is what being a hater looks like.

Quoted: Scouting has gotten better since then. Byram won't bust.

Quoted: I’d be pissed if we traded Byram before we got a chance to see what we have.
Did your Byram bat signal go off or something

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Did your Byram bat signal go off or something

This is a dumb comment. I haven't talked about Byram in a long time. He's not on the team. But I do read this forum and his detractors talk about him a lot. Much more than I do.

I read multiple negative comments a day about him and say nothing. I make this post about it after many factually incorrect comments from his detractors. Now you're here spewing this idiocy in support of it.

Find another scapegoat to shit on already.

BoxOfChocolates

Mar 7, 2010
This is a dumb comment. I haven't talked about Byram in a long time. He's not on the team. But I do read this forum and his detractors talk about him a lot. Much more than I do.

I read multiple negative comments a day about him and say nothing. I make this post about it after many factually incorrect comments from his detractors. Now you're here spewing this idiocy.

Find another scapegoat to shit on already.
Settle down lol

And congrats on going a couple weeks without white knighting for Byram I guess

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
It's literally impossible to talk about Mitts in any way here that isn't ultra positive.

This whole conversation stemmed from complimenting him about how he's played here, and that he could get to 70+ points if he improved his shot and consistency. Saying he can actually do that.

That spawned more negative comments about Byram for some reason, including factually incorrect ones. Then when they get corrected, his detractors come out of the woodwork to act like his fans won't stop talking about him, when it's literally the opposite every time.

It's such gaslighting nonsense.

Reactions: NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
It's literally impossible to talk about Mitts in any way here that isn't ultra positive.

This whole conversation stemmed from complimenting him about how he's played here, and that he could get to 70+ points if he improved his shot and consistency. Saying he can actually do that.

That spawned more negative comments about Byram for some reason, including factually incorrect ones. Then when they get corrected, his detractors come out of the woodwork to act like his fans won't stop talking about him, when it's literally the opposite every time.

I'm still not over Duchene.

Give it a decade and I'll stop trashing Byram ;)

On a more serious note.

11 games and 3 goals. Sure he's a playmaker but you need more scoring than a 20 to 25 goal pace. It's not like he was averaging a tonne of good looks but couldn't convert. The guy needs to shoot more. Or at least get into the scoring areas more.

4 games with points out of 5 vs Winnipeg while being solid defensively is great.

3 games with points out of 6 vs Dallas. Not good enough.

The way the Avs are built Mittelstadt can't just be average or decent offensively for a 2C. He quite simply needs to produce almost first line numbers if this top heavy team is going to win another cup.

Are those unfair expectations for a guy who's clearly and 2C and will be paid like a 2C? No.

But it doesn't change the fact if the Avs the way they're currently constructed to rely heavily on their top 4 or 5 forwards to outscore the entire opposing team then he's going to need to show more.

(MacK Rantanen and Makar also need to show more but this thread isn't about them).

Reactions: Foppa2118

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers

1716407458293.png

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
You think so? I've read through the thread quickly and missed posts for sure, but are there still some that long for Byram? Mitts is SO much more important for us.
Yeah... I think people put way too high of expectations on Mitts because of who he was traded for. They push over the idea of what Byram could become (high end, if not elite #1D) and now expect Mitts to be that good at center. And he simply isn't going to hit that level in people's minds. Mitts is a very good 2 way 2C, nothing more, nothing less. He will flirt with top 30-45 in ES points on a good year, and probably be around 50-60 in most years. Doing this while putting up great defense. If he puts up more points, it will be because he's getting top PP time here... not because his overall play jumps.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad