OT - NO POLITICS Autumn edition- foliage, cider doughnuts & pumpkin everything.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
View attachment 915687
Spent the day at the NH PoutineFest. A gorgeous day with Mrs. 103 and some of our dear friends. So much fun, and lots of amazing poutine. Feeling fat and happy šŸ˜Š

There was a good amount of Bruins swag on display there, but I donā€™t think Iā€™m being immodest in saying I was the best dressed guy there šŸ˜Ž

In a related sidebar, since Iā€™m working Sundays at the moment, I went to Saturday evening Mass. While I was there (still wearing my Patrice Bergeron sweater), a young boy who was no older than four and sitting two rows in front of me got his fatherā€™s attention, pointed right at me and said, ā€œlook! Heā€™s a hockey player!!!ā€

I couldnā€™t help but smile from ear to ear at that one.
My two favorite people! Looking great!

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED GIRL DAD
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Coco trying to be friends with a geko
IMG_4236.jpeg

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
I opened a bottle of wine tonight and was fishing around a drawer for a wine stopper. I came up with one that was a favor from my bridal shower 10+ years ago.

I was reminded about how my (very religious) mother in law (God rest her soul) wanted to have no alcohol at my brunch bridal shower, and a piano player. My bridal party wanted open bar.

My mother and maid of honor giggled and said ā€œok thatā€™s great weā€™ll do the piano but Katie wonā€™t come if thereā€™s no boozeā€. They agreed on a piano player, house mimosa and cash bar.

Bless them. Compromise is king.

It used to be.

Perhaps it's making a comeback.

Johnny Upton

Jul 5, 2003
Boston
I watched the Woodstock ā€˜99 documentary on Netflix last night. 16 year old me was PISSED my mom wouldnā€™t let me go.

41 year old me just texted her to thank her for not letting me go. :laugh:
Itā€™s funny how we evolve when we get older. 22 year old me would have had the best time there, but 47 year old me thinks of how big that crowd is and my anxiety ramps through the roof.

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA
I return to work Tuesday after three months paternity leave

I am not a religious man, but I ask for your prayers regardless lol
Best of luck! Times have changed for the better. I missed one day of work for 3 kids being born, as the missus was in labor all day for the third. Glad that all parents now get time off to be with their family.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Is 5pm an acceptable bedtime? I am 98% finished cleaning my entire apartment and I am just spent. I just donā€™t have it in me to run my large vacuum. Adulting is hard lol.

Reactions: BMC and caz16

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad