OT - NO POLITICS Autumn edition- foliage, cider doughnuts & pumpkin everything.

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
was making street corn at 9AM 🔥

Attachments

• IMG_4095.jpeg
    IMG_4095.jpeg
    195.4 KB · Views: 1

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
Keeping a close eye on the track of this storm. I live about 80 - 85 miles north of Tampa. Storm track models are still varying ... some say north of Tampa, some say south of Tampa , and others say pretty much straight into the Tampa area.
If it goes north I get hit hard and the Tampa Bay gets hit with storm surge. Goes south of Tampa less damage my way and the Tampa Bay escapes most of the surge due to wind direction.
As of today reports are to expect at least a cat 3, with several models showing a much stronger storm cat 4. Tampa hasn't been directly hit by a storm of that magnitude in over 100 years; my area in over a 150 years of record keeping ... unusually cat 2 or lower.
Does not look good regardless of where it makes landfall. Somewhere people are going to take the full brunt of this storm.
Watching the track closely.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Keeping a close eye on the track of this storm. I live about 80 - 85 miles north of Tampa. Storm track models are still varying ... some say north of Tampa, some say south of Tampa , and others say pretty much straight into the Tampa area.
If it goes north I get hit hard and the Tampa Bay gets hit with storm surge. Goes south of Tampa less damage my way and the Tampa Bay escapes most of the surge due to wind direction.
As of today reports are to expect at least a cat 3, with several models showing a much stronger storm cat 4. Tampa hasn't been directly hit by a storm of that magnitude in over 100 years; my area in over a 150 years of record keeping ... unusually cat 2 or lower.
Does not look good regardless of where it makes landfall. Somewhere people are going to take the full brunt of this storm.
Watching the track closely.
All you can do is watch the track closely, be as prepared as possible and listen to local and state officials.

All I can do is send all the positive vibes down to Florida and hope this thing fizzles.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
All you can do is watch the track closely, be as prepared as possible and listen to local and state officials.

All I can do is send all the positive vibes down to Florida and hope this thing fizzles.
What is terrifying is that some of the storms this season have intensified without warning. People have to prepare for the worst and hope for the best. I realize some people don't have the funds to go elsewhere, it is very sad, they are the ones I feel for the most.

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Well...much as I'd like to sit here and write about how I conquered Peru's Inca Trail, alas it would be untrue. After 3 and a half days of acclimatizing in Cusco and feeling completely fine at altitude, on the last afternoon before the start of the trek I got some bad altitude sickness out of the blue. Then followed that up with a stomach bug. Had tried to do everything right to prepare and stay healthy, and my wife remained completely fine, but them's the breaks. Long story short, no trek and wound up back home a week early.

At least it all happened just before we got out on the trail and not during. Would have been very difficult to deal with 2 days into the mountains or whatever. So a bit of a shame, but must still say that Peru is a beautiful country full of lovely people. Perhaps we will get back one day. Home safe and well is the main thing for now.

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
SR72 could be a problem for flooding. 2 lane country road with a bunch mega churches, farms, factories and construction.

Lots of construction and animals out here.

Hope the Elephant sanctuary prepared but I think its more inland.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
My daughter has a job offer in Rochester MN area as well as Minneapolis are.
Labs in both sites. Ive never spent any time in either.

Any thoughts? Experience ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad