OT - NO POLITICS Autumn edition- foliage, cider doughnuts & pumpkin everything.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Just saw this on my local news :laugh: Don't normally associate MA with rodeos. Go bulls go!!

When you get a bit outside of the 495 belt and into the Berkshires Massachusetts is quite rural and most of it is beautiful.

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I’m sure the Bride of Chucky is a lovely woman, so this isn’t necessarily about her, per se.

One reason I changed my career from one that deals with the public to one that does not is the pretentiousness of supposed “VIPs.” Get over yourselves, people.

If I were the Bride of Chucky, I wouldn’t tell ANYONE who I was, and see how the filthy unwashed masses are treated by the staff at hubby’s company. If I received good customer service, I’d commend the staff accordingly. If I were treated poorly…

You seem like a pretty good dude, @GordonHowe. I can’t imagine how you would be a bother to anyone.
32 Years in business I can tell you who the assholes are and who the truly nice rich and famous are. I've worked for actors, politicians, extremely wealthy etc.
It's about a 50/50 ratio. One thing that always shocks me is how damn cheap and petty they can be, and not care if they show you. OBNOXIOUS comes to mind.

Does anyone have any good advice on how to tackle a mass of family photographs? I think my Mom was trying to sort them out before she died but they are a bigger mess now than they were before she started. I have put them in a big box, they are all different sizes because they go back to the 1920s so albums are not really an option for many.
I went thru a closet with boxes and boxes and BOXES of photos, memorabelia etc. I was looking for one picture in particular. I found pictures that I've never seen of my childhood and hundreds of others that I took and others took but not that ONE picture. I had boxes all over the second floor and promised my wife that I'd put everything back in that big closet by Sunday night (a month or so ago). Sunday P.M. came and I finally had to accept that there were still more boxes to go through and that I still never found it. I'd love to do as you say but I've no idea how to right now. I'm afraid that my daughter will have no time to go through it all, and my grandchildren won't give 2 shits and dump it all.

Last edited:
Reactions: caz16

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
ON ROUTE ONE ??????????????????????????????

Move 'em on, head 'em up, head 'em up, move 'em on
Move 'em on, head 'em up, rawhide
Cut 'em out, ride 'em in, ride 'em in, cut 'em out
Cut 'em out, ride 'em in rawhide
Keep movin', movin', movin'
Though they're disapproving
Keep them doggies movin'
Rawhide

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub

Keep them doggies movin'
Rawhide

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I hope he called 850(INJURED). All joking aside, it's great that he's okay. Simply too many maniacs and people more interested in everything BUT driving properly.
I know, I had to laugh when I saw that billboard.

I asked about the other driver. He was uninsured. :madfire: I swear it makes me want to avoid driving at all these days, and people in general. Give me a cabin in the woods, and a job I can do remotely.

The truck is totaled. They took it to a salvage yard all the way over in Mobile, which surprised me. Blows my mind that the windshield stayed intact in a rollover. Good job, truck.

image000008.jpg

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I went thru a closet with boxes and boxes and BOXES of photos, memorabelia etc. I was looking for one picture in particular. I found pictures that I've never seen of my childhood and hundreds of others that I took and others took but not that ONE picture. I had boxes all over the second floor and promised my wife that I'd put everything back in that big closet by Sunday night (a month or so ago). Sunday P.M. came and I finally had to accept that there were still more boxes to go through and that I still never found it. I'd love to do as you say but I've no idea how to right now. I'm afraid that my daughter will have no time to go through it all, and my grandchildren won't give 2 shits and dump it all.
I see this is going to be a problem for a lot of us as time goes on. It was a different world when we had to get our prints from a photo place and it was just a dollar or so more to get double prints. It is crazy how many bad photos were taken and all the duplicates we got. I now have so many duplicates back from my parents since they were usually ones of our kids and they loved to get them.

It is funny you mention looking for a specific picture, the same happened to me a couple of weeks ago. I never did find it either!

Reactions: BMC

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
It's Thursday, so here are some questions:

1) Do you dream, if so, do you have any recurring dreams? Any dreams that have come true or that were so real that you felt it happened?

2) Most of us have had pets, which one was the most unique? I know they are all special but is there one that was amazingly smart, funny or loyal in a different way to others? Favourite memory of them, a picture you can share?

3) Are you an early bird or a night owl? Have you always been that way?

4) If someone was visiting your area for a short time, what local attractions would you suggest?

5) What are your favourite comfort foods?

Johnny Upton

Jul 5, 2003
Boston
It's Thursday, so here are some questions:

1) Do you dream, if so, do you have any recurring dreams? Any dreams that have come true or that were so real that you felt it happened?

2) Most of us have had pets, which one was the most unique? I know they are all special but is there one that was amazingly smart, funny or loyal in a different way to others? Favourite memory of them, a picture you can share?

3) Are you an early bird or a night owl? Have you always been that way?

4) If someone was visiting your area for a short time, what local attractions would you suggest?

5) What are your favourite comfort foods?
1) I do dream but it’s usually a bunch of weird nonsensical stuff. I do occasionally dream of my dad and some other people I’ve lost. I believe it’s their way of saying hello.

2) We didn’t have any pets growing up but my wife and I have 2 cats now. Not unique at all, they’re just as lazy as my other cat that sleeps all day.

3) I was a big time night owl when I was younger. I worked 4pm-12am while in undergrad and it wouldn’t be unusual for me to get home at 12:45, eat something, and then stay up until 3:30-4am. Now I’m lucky to make it past 10pm most nights.

4) I live near Borderland State Park and it’s a great place to go, so probably there.

5) A peanut butter and marshmallow sandwich, aka the Fluffernutter. It just brings me back to being young, eating one on the back stairs in summer without a care in the world.

• Love
Reactions: Ladyfan and caz16

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

Keep them doggies movin'
Rawhide

• Love
Reactions: Ladyfan and BMC

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

I asked about the other driver. He was uninsured. :madfire: I swear it makes me want to avoid driving at all these days, and people in general. Give me a cabin in the woods, and a job I can do remotely.

The truck is totaled. They took it to a salvage yard all the way over in Mobile, which surprised me. Blows my mind that the windshield stayed intact in a rollover. Good job, truck.

View attachment 909827

Wow.

People who drive w/o insurance need to go to jail. I'm serious. It's an epidemic in CT & I'm afraid it is only going to get worse. Driving is a privilege not a right.

Now your dad's insurance will have to pay (if he had collision coverage) and it will count AGAINST his underwriting history even though it wasn't his fault

:rant:

Reactions: Ladyfan

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Wow.

People who drive w/o insurance need to go to jail. I'm serious. It's an epidemic in CT & I'm afraid it is only going to get worse. Driving is a privilege not a right.

Now your dad's insurance will have to pay (if he had collision coverage) and it will count AGAINST his underwriting history even though it wasn't his fault

:rant:
Yep. You do what's right, pay thousands of dollars for insurance over the years, clean driving record.... then some jerk hits you and because he didn't do what he's supposed to, you take the hit. Not right at all.

And no incentive for the jerk to change their behavior. "Oh we'll take your license." "Okay then I'll just drive without one."

Reactions: BMC

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
I was an expert at that game as a kid
I bought an upgraded one about 10yrs ago for the kids and myself for Christmas. Bought 4 NHL teams as well. Bruins (home unis), Montreal (away), Chicago (home), Detroit (away). My kids are all out of the house and its collecting dust now. Gonna give it to the neighbor kids. I got my money's worth out of it...

1727376895744.png

Reactions: sooshii and caz16

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL

Did the police respond at the accident scene? If they did, they would have cited the other guy for driving without insurance, no? Not sure what the law is in P'cola, but here in Illinois, its a minimum $500 fine for driving without insurance. Minimum $1,000 for repeat offense.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Did the police respond at the accident scene? If they did, they would have cited the other guy for driving without insurance, no? Not sure what the law is in P'cola, but here in Illinois, its a minimum $500 fine for driving without insurance. Minimum $1,000 for repeat offense.
I believe so. The guy was from Mexico

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
I bought an upgraded one about 10yrs ago for the kids and myself for Christmas. Bought 4 NHL teams as well. Bruins (home unis), Montreal (away), Chicago (home), Detroit (away). My kids are all out of the house and its collecting dust now. Gonna give it to the neighbor kids. I got my money's worth out of it...

View attachment 909992
I wish this guy still made these.... looks very cool and wasn't all that far away from me
Screenshot_20240926-152917.png

Reactions: sooshii

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad