OT - NO POLITICS Autumn edition- foliage, cider doughnuts & pumpkin everything.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
I’m sure the Bride of Chucky is a lovely woman, so this isn’t necessarily about her, per se.

One reason I changed my career from one that deals with the public to one that does not is the pretentiousness of supposed “VIPs.” Get over yourselves, people.

If I were the Bride of Chucky, I wouldn’t tell ANYONE who I was, and see how the filthy unwashed masses are treated by the staff at hubby’s company. If I received good customer service, I’d commend the staff accordingly. If I were treated poorly…

You seem like a pretty good dude, @GordonHowe. I can’t imagine how you would be a bother to anyone.

Between you and me, I am not a pretty good dude. Actually, I'm a terrible person.

More, I've been known to shoot my mouth off about Jeremy Jacobs on occasion. Which, as you can imagine, is a no no in this particular position.

In the event, I'm fairly certain Charlie's better half has an inkling regarding public perceptions of her father-in-law.

Reactions: rfournier103

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
As part of my packing and decluttering before the move, I'm going through a couple of boxes of mom's things that I haven't gone through since she died last year.

I loved my mom, but oh my stars, that woman kept every greeting card ever given to any member of our family for any occasion, ever.

I'm sorry mom, but that card you gave me for my third birthday? I appreciate it, I really do... but it's going in the trash now. Along with the hundred other such cards that were with it.

What makes this harder is I've had to really kind of glance through everything because with her dementia she used to stash all sorts of things in random places. I came across an unused gift certificate for Longhorn steakhouse for $50. Have to look it up and see if it's still good.
My father in law had a book....I'm dead now what...he never filled it out

He said oh and there is a life insurance policy no one would know about.... thanks for that....we have to wait for a bill to come in I guess

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
My father in law had a book....I'm dead now what...he never filled it out

He said oh and there is a life insurance policy no one would know about.... thanks for that....we have to wait for a bill to come in I guess
I've seen advertisements for Nokbox.... which is basically a box with a bunch of folders pre-categorized where you can list all the stuff your family needs to know in the event of your death. I've debated doing something similar but when I pass there's not going to be much left for anybody lol. And likely no family who is going to want any of my stuff.

Someone here will have to take on cookie duty, though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad