Auston Matthews or Jack Eichel?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Factor in their contracts and terms, who would you want?

• Matthews

Votes: 210 73.4%
  • Eichel

Votes: 76 26.6%

• Total voters

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
I’m not mad. I’m simply saying it’s strange how upset you’re getting about a singular player.

Just to clarify here. I’m stalking, the non stalker whose last 60 points are about a single player. That makes sense to you? Lol. Thanks for the laugh
That poster is on a crusade they can't be stopped! At some point even the biggest hater (like myself) has to admit this poll has to be AM34 all jokes aside

I’m not mad. I’m simply saying it’s strange how upset you’re getting about a singular player.

Just to clarify here. I’m stalking, the non stalker whose last 60 points are about a single player. That makes sense to you? Lol. Thanks for the laugh
That poster is on a crusade they can't be stopped! At some point even the biggest hater (like myself) has to admit this poll has to be AM34 all jokes aside

The90

Feb 27, 2017

It feels like Groundhog Day in here lol

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Why do people ignore Matthews first round? 9 points including 5 goals in 6 games. 2 massive goals for the come back and scored one of the goals in the elimination game. He def carried the team that series.

Like he has shown he can do it. People act like he is Tatar in the playoffs for some reason. I get PPG is underwhelming you would like a run he goes 1.5 PPG or something. But he has the talent, and has shown he can do it. It's a matter of time with him.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Why do people ignore Matthews first round? 9 points including 5 goals in 6 games. 2 massive goals for the come back and scored one of the goals in the elimination game. He def carried the team that series.

Like he has shown he can do it. People act like he is Tatar in the playoffs for some reason. I get PPG is underwhelming you would like a run he goes 1.5 PPG or something. But he has the talent, and has shown he can do it. It's a matter of time with him.
He’s not PPG. I’m not sure why you keep repeating something that isn’t true. .

Reactions: EverTheCynic

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
Matthews regular season and Eichel for the playoffs. Based however on limited sample size for Eichel

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Manitoba
This will be a fun poll to bump when Matthews wins his 3rd rocket this season.

This is not even close, and I am a fan of Eichel.
Sorry to break it to you but 97 is winning the Rocket again this season, get used to it

Reactions: myleafs

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
It’s Matthews, and I really like Eichel’s game
IMG_0891.jpeg

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Manitoba

Has shown he can do what exactly? He just won his 1st playoff series.

Also, he isn't ppg in the playoffs. I'm not sure why you constantly lie on here, assume people won't call you out on your bs?

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Matthew’s isn’t Keon but I’d still take him over Eichel. And I think Eichel is a very good player. Matthews is just up a tier from Eichel. If he could even get the Leafs even one Cup he’d move up with Keon.

It’s Matthews, and I really like Eichel’s game View attachment 741191
Key piece in their club winning a Cup.
Eichel and OV = 1
Matthews = 0
I’d still take Matthews over Eichel but playoffs and being key to a Cup win is darned important too.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Matthew’s isn’t Keon but I’d still take him over Eichel. And I think Eichel is a very good player. Matthews is just up a tier from Eichel. If he could even get the Leafs even one Cup he’d move up with Keon.

Key piece in their club winning a Cup.
Eichel and OV = 1
Matthews = 0
I’d still take Matthews over Eichel but playoffs and being key to a Cup win is darned important too.
They have completely different play style, Eichel is one hell of a player but if you switched him and Matthews last season the results wouldn’t play out any different. Eichel was put into situation where he didn’t need to be “the guy”.

Much the Colorado the year before, Vegas really didn’t face much adversity on way to their cup win

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Has shown he can do what exactly? He just won his 1st playoff series.

Also, he isn't ppg in the playoffs. I'm not sure why you constantly lie on here, assume people won't call you out on your bs?

Shown he can put up 18 points in 13 playoff games in consecutive rounds against back to back Cup winners. Shown he can produce a point in 12 straight playoff games (playing hurt and having to get injured again for the point streak to end) while providing solid defensive play, good enough to help limit Tampa to 0 shots on goal while he was on the ice during a game he played 24 minutes into OT. Not a single chance Eichel would replicate any of those performances.

Joe n

Aug 12, 2019
Lol, your comeback is to cherry pick your timeline? Good one.

So you got nothing. Good job. Keep being mad at people for talking hockey on a HOCKEY BOARD. Keep stalking me.

Do you have a point to all this stalking you are doing? If your point is that Matthews is pretty good, I've already said that.
Good argument. Why not bring up Eichel's years with Buffalo if we are cherry picking. All those playoff appearances he led them to.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
Vegas before Eichel joined:

2018: Lost in SCF
2019: Lost in 1st round (because of a questionable major)
2020: Lost in WCF
2021: Lost in WCF
2022 (without him in lineup): 28-14-3
2022 (with him in the lineup): 15-14-5, missed playoffs

People acting like Eichel was the messiah and saviour of Vegas who dragged them from missing the playoffs to winning a Cup, when they've been one of the deepest teams in the NHL for years.

He didn't even win the Conn Smythe, that was Marchessault.

Eichel is a great player but people are massively overrating him after these most recent playoffs.

Matthews is a top 5 center, Eichel is outside of the top 10.

TS Quint

Stop writing “I mean” in your posts.
Sep 8, 2012

I'm talking hockey in a hockey board. You chase me around being mad about it.

Good argument. Why not bring up Eichel's years with Buffalo if we are cherry picking. All those playoff appearances he led them to.
Hockey isn't a team sport now?

• Love
Reactions: The90

TS Quint

Sep 8, 2012
To be fair, if all you want to talk about is the leafs maybe you should head over there too.
Maybe I should.

We should be better friends. It’s not like you disagree with what I’ve posted. You might just randomly eliminate specific years to make Matthews look marginally better but you are on board other than that.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Vegas before Eichel joined:

2018: Lost in SCF
2019: Lost in 1st round (because of a questionable major)
2020: Lost in WCF
2021: Lost in WCF
2022 (without him in lineup): 28-14-3
2022 (with him in the lineup): 15-14-5, missed playoffs

People acting like Eichel was the messiah and saviour of Vegas who dragged them from missing the playoffs to winning a Cup, when they've been one of the deepest teams in the NHL for years.

He didn't even win the Conn Smythe, that was Marchessault.

Eichel is a great player but people are massively overrating him after these most recent playoffs.

Matthews is a top 5 center, Eichel is outside of the top 10.

Vegas doesn't win the cup this year without Jack, their offense ran through him, he was the catalyst.

Reactions: Fatass

TS Quint

Sep 8, 2012
Pick a lane. It's not his fault Buffalo didn't make the playoffs but it is Matthews fault Toronto hasn't fared well in the playoffs?
This is why Matthews is a Leaf for life. He gets all the money and no one expects anything from him.

Eichel just lead his Stanley Cup winning team in points. More points than Matthews has scored in the past 3 years.

Give me Eichel + the cap space.

• Haha

Killer Orcas

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Better player or player who wants to win? Matthews is clearly the better player but he doesn't care about winning as his short term high cap deals show. Nylander came out and said earlier why should he take a discount when others don't. Then Matthews goes and takes another short term deal at highest salary in league. That pretty much seals deal on Nylander have to being moved or depth being cut to fit the deals in. Eichel took the 8 year deal like most other stars do. Matthews clearly only cares about money or he'd leave something on the table to fill out a deeper roster.

Joe n

Aug 12, 2019
This is why Matthews is a Leaf for life. He gets all the money and no kne expects anything from him.
Try actually addressing the comments. Why does Eichel get a pass for not getting Buffalo into the playoffs but Matthews doesn't get one for the Leafs only making it out of the first round once. It seems you really have a hard on about the Leafs and not in a good way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad