Confirmed with Link: Austin Watson joins Red Wings for training camp PTO

SirKillalot

Feb 27, 2008
Norway
Depth signing, don't mind it. There will be some injuries so regardless good to have for the time he will be with the organization. And if we end up losing him on waivers at some point its not the end of the world either. Could also potentially be someone we trade to a contender for a middle round pick.

Coach Reggie Dunlop

Jun 9, 2021
Michigan
Depth signing, don't mind it. There will be some injuries so regardless good to have for the time he will be with the organization. And if we end up losing him on waivers at some point its not the end of the world either. Could also potentially be someone we trade to a contender for a middle round pick.
He was on a PTO, if someone wanted him he would have been signed outright. We aren’t trading him for anything.

jaster

I am become woke, destroyer of ignorance.
Jun 8, 2007

Huh. Interesting. I guess waiving Holl was just to give themselves flexibility over the next month, maybe buy some time.

I know a lot of you hate the 11 and 7 lineup, but buckle up, I think there's gonna be a lot of it.

sepster

Gerard Gallant is my Spirit Animal
Aug 19, 2005
North of the 'D"
Huh. Interesting. I guess waiving Holl was just to give themselves flexibility over the next month, maybe buy some time.

I know a lot of you hate the 11 and 7 lineup, but buckle up, I think there's gonna be a lot of it.

giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: jaster

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA

Can Holl practice with the team if he isn't on the roster? If so, they should do the same with Husso. I know players practice with the team before they come off of IR/LTIR, but this seems like cap circumvention. Non-roster practice squad, lol.

jaster

I am become woke, destroyer of ignorance.
Jun 8, 2007
Can Holl practice with the team if he isn't on the roster? If so, they should do the same with Husso. I know players practice with the team before they come off of IR/LTIR, but this seems like cap circumvention. Non-roster practice squad, lol.
Sounds like he's sticking with the team as one of the 23, but I think the deadline to submit rosters is later today, so at this moment, it doesn't matter if he's practicing or not. Sounds like they are going to send Watson down though.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Sounds like he's sticking with the team as one of the 23, but I think the deadline to submit rosters is later today, so at this moment, it doesn't matter if he's practicing or not. Sounds like they are going to send Watson down though.
Sounds to me like Holl is a "paper move" to sign Watson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad