Confirmed with Link: Austin Watson joins Red Wings for training camp PTO

Rolo Tomassi

May 6, 2010
For next season we have Larkin, Raymond, Debrincat, Kane , Tarasenko, Compher, Rasmussen, Veleno, Motte, Fischer, Copp and Berggren . That's 12 forwards
Seider, Edvinsson, Petry, Maatta, Chiarot, Gustafson, Holl and AJo . That's 8
3 goalies.
Total 23 players
What would Yzerman do if couple of kids in training camp looks better than those 23 players

I think we all know the answer to this ;) (I'm crying on the inside)

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
1-way NHL contract and send down to GR.

1-way or 2-way determines the salary. Nothing else.
I know that, I just meant saying theres basically 0 chance he gets a contract is a little odd considering he could easily sign in GR and not see any time in the NHL. Thats still a contract

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
If you watched the game, you'll know more and more why we need to sign this guy. No unnecessary slashes on Seider/anyone without the bell being rang. Seider could have easily handled himself too but, is that what we really want him doing night in and out?

Teams have players like MacEwen, Delasierras, Reaves, Rempe, Xhekaj... etc. We need someone to hold the line in fights, doesn't even have to win.

Last edited:

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I didn’t watch last night when he got tossed.. but excluding that, I think Watson has looked good enough on the PK and defensively, on top of how often he has crushed guys to deserve a spot as the 13th forward.

The stuff last night stopping Mo from getting into it with a career axe man is just the cherry on top

wingsfannn919191

Oct 3, 2024
If watson gets signed and kasper sticks who goes??

The easy answer would be berggren cause of the way hes been handled but I think it would be a mistake to let him walk for nothing basically at this point. Ideally would be copp with retention but I doubt it happens

Berggren veleno motte ?

Debrincat larkin raymond
Tarasenko kasper kane
Rasmussen compher berggren
Motte copp Fischer
Watson

Ideally I'd move copp but I cant see how anyone takes him even at 3.5-4 with rosters pretty much set. Veleno cant see him being satisfied with 4th line duties his whole career

Could be motte and go with a fischer veleno copp 4th line

I do think watson makes the team and I'll be pissed if kasper doesn't

DTR

Dec 13, 2021
If we are (hopefully) only keeping two goalies there is no reason to not keep Watson as the 13th forward. He can do some stuff other than fight as others have mentioned. It’s really not a big issue.

DTR

Dec 13, 2021
If watson gets signed and kasper sticks who goes??

The easy answer would be berggren cause of the way hes been handled but I think it would be a mistake to let him walk for nothing basically at this point. Ideally would be copp with retention but I doubt it happens

Berggren veleno motte ?

Debrincat larkin raymond
Tarasenko kasper kane
Rasmussen compher berggren
Motte copp Fischer
Watson

Ideally I'd move copp but I cant see how anyone takes him even at 3.5-4 with rosters pretty much set. Veleno cant see him being satisfied with 4th line duties his whole career

Could be motte and go with a fischer veleno copp 4th line

I do think watson makes the team and I'll be pissed if kasper doesn't

It’s Berggren or Veleno. Columbus eventually needs to get to the floor and I believe Veleno would accomplish that, so it’s worth pursuing. It’ll probably be Berggren based on his deployment though.

wingsfannn919191

Oct 3, 2024
It’s Berggren or Veleno. Columbus eventually needs to get to the floor and I believe Veleno would accomplish that, so it’s worth pursuing. It’ll probably be Berggren based on his deployment though.
I dont think either of them having a long term future in detroit but I'd rather get rid of veleno now and berggren in a year or 2 if he builds up his stock

As for Columbus I believe they're given an exception for the salary cap for this season as they should be

Reactions: deca guard

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad