OT - NO POLITICS August edition - The summer wind came blowin' in……

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Tell Wally to shower. :laugh: :sarcasm:

IMG_0597.jpeg

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Move-in day for the boy was today. Feels like just yesterday that it was me on the other side. I'm jealous.

Gave him the same advice my high school health teacher gave us every Friday afternoon at the end of class: "Don't drink and drive. Wear a condom."

Yeah I was watching a tik tok were a dude was telling someone I have millions of dollars but ur richer than me cuz u have ur youth

I get jealous of my 22 year old homeboy

To be young and reckless again

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY
I went to the Newport KY aquarium today with my folks. Pretty cool place although I personally think the New England Aquarium in Boston has more to offer. My Mom's in a wheelchair and the aisles in the viewing areas seemed pretty narrow to navigate around other people, and not get in the way of others myself.
Overall though really fun and had a good time, and lunch while we were there.

1000007909.jpg

1000007911.jpg

1000007914.jpg

1000007915.jpg

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I don't know what to say or why I'm posting it here. But I feel like I need to.

My cat had a heart attack and died at my feet almost 2 hours ago.

He came upstairs. Greeted me. I patted him. I turned around. The next thing I hear is him drop. I turn back around, I thought he was having a seizure. Within seconds he's dead.

I am numb. My entire family is. I've cried so hard I dont know if I have tear ducts anymore. My cat was not sick. He was not overweight. He was not old. He just turned 8 in July. My world won't be the same anymore.

Hug your pets for me.

This is the last photo I took of him.

20240808_144038.jpg

Rest in Paradise, Sir Pugsley Bellamy William.

You were, and are the best thing to happen to our lives.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine

He came upstairs. Greeted me. I patted him. I turned around. The next thing I hear is him drop. I turn back around, I thought he was having a seizure. Within seconds he's dead.

I am numb. My entire family is. I've cried so hard I dont know if I have tear ducts anymore. My cat was not sick. He was not overweight. He was not old. He just turned 8 in July. My world won't be the same anymore.

Hug your pets for me.

View attachment 902675

OVER THE RAINBOW BRIDGE RIP

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

Hug your pets for me.

View attachment 902675

Oh my. I’m so so sorry for you.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Oh my. I’m so so sorry for you.
Thank you, Wally.

I wouldn't wish this pain on anyone. I am legitimately traumatized at what happened. I've never expected or experienced anything like that in my life. My pets are my entire world. And I feel like mine just stopped on its axis.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario

Hug your pets for me.

View attachment 902675

I am so sorry, it is heartbreaking. Our pets are family and are missed forever.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs

Hug your pets for me.

View attachment 902675

That’s horrible. I’m so sorry. No words.

Reactions: Mione134

GahdenRinkRat

Bruins' Den Mother
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2008
By the Dirty Watah

Hug your pets for me.

View attachment 902675

So sorry for your loss, it’s always hardest in the immediate aftermath, especially when the death is sudden and unexpected. Hugging my two tonight who also just turned 8.
Better times ahead when memories will bring a smile and not tears:rose:

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Thank you, Wally.

I wouldn't wish this pain on anyone. I am legitimately traumatized at what happened. I've never expected or experienced anything like that in my life. My pets are my entire world. And I feel like mine just stopped on its axis.

I felt that way when Patrice’s kidneys suddenly failed. She was only 7 and was perfectly healthy until she wasn’t. I am so sorry, big hugs to you and your pets. :heart:

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
Thank you everyone for the kind words. I'm going to take it easy the next few days and try to be nice to myself. Hug my dog (she's 14) and try not to be traumatized by the whole situation.

Just sucks. I hate it.
I too am so sorry for your loss. I read your original post shortly after you posted. I was lost for words to respond. I did shed some tears and said a prayer for you and your family. I have always had cats in my life since infancy and still do to this day. 22 years ago I moved to Florida and brought 4 cats with me. Since then I've buried those four and over the years have adopted 6 others ... found homes for two, buried 1, and still have 3 to this day.

I'm in my 60's and the one thing I have found to be true when you've lost you last cat. When you and you family are ready get yourself another kitten. It will never replace the love for the one you lost, but it will remind you of why you loved to begin with; and with time you will realize that you are loving all over again and the ache you are feeling now in your heart will be healing. Blessings and prayers your way.

Last edited:

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I too am so sorry for your loss. I read your original post shortly after you posted. I was lost for words to respond. I did shed some tears and said a prayer for you and your family. I have always had cats in my life since infancy and still do to this day. 22 years ago I moved to Florida and brought 4 cats with me. Since then I've buried those four and over the years have adopted 6 others ... found homes for two, buried 1, and still have 3 to this day.

I'm in my 60's and the one thing I have found to be true when you've lost you last cat. When you and you family are ready get yourself another kitten. It will never replace the love for the one you lost, but it will remind you of why you loved to being with; and with time you will realize that you are loving all over again and the ache you are feeling now in your heart will be healing. Blessings and prayers your way.

This post made me cry. Thank you for your kindness. It really means a lot. It reminded me that this place can be a wonderful community, and why I joined in the first place.

❤️

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad