OT - NO POLITICS August edition - The summer wind came blowin' in……

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
Wally if this is against the rules please delete.......

With my father in law passing, one of his cars was a Jag...what makes it unique is that it was previously owned by Adam Vinatieri, and we have the original title in his name.... If anyone knows of a car dude or dudette who might be interested PM me....thought maybe a Patriots fan would enjoy

Again if its against the rules, please delete

Reactions: Gordoff

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
Unisom works well for me as well except I noticed it throws my equilibrium and balance off the day after.
I find one Benadryl to be helpful in sleep. Consulting with my GP, if you have been drinking, it is not a problem. FYI.

I just discovered noise cancelation mode on my Airpods when you're not even playing music. I realize I'm super late to the party, but the amount of noise they actually cancel is incredible. I always thought it was just some vague term to overstate their quality. Nope. The very loud air conditioning vent in my office? Non-existent. Wow.
How much are those anyway? I have hearing loss and I am told by my audiologist that air pods will not hurt me.

Any info or insight appreciated.

Reactions: Bruinswillwin77

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I find one Benadryl to be helpful in sleep. Consulting with my GP, if you have been drinking, it is not a problem. FYI.

How much are those anyway? I have hearing loss and I am told by my audiologist that air pods will not hurt me.

I don't know how much mine cost, they were a gift from my employer. But I think they run around $150-$200? Airpod Pro

Reactions: GordonHowe

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Its super old school and I had zero cell coverage the hour I was in there but not surprising how its tucked into a hill right next to the road. Didn't see a single thing in there that wasn't hockey which is impressive to have been around for almost 100 years and never branched out.
Yup, it's like you stepped through a time portal... I love the place. My son in law buys the kids the expensive stuff but I think that I'll take a ride to Zwickers and buy them some gloves etc for when they come over and play street hockey in my driveway.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Day 1 in the books. Spent at Aquatica from open to close. Basically the first in and the last to leave. I really liked this park, aside from the very strict “no coolers or food” policy. We did everything, and many things twice. My daughter walked all the way to the highest point with me and went down an insanely fast body slide. I expected her to chicken out, but she actually wanted to go first!

Ended the day by watching the kids go up and down on their own to ride the big 5 man family slide. They did it 4x in a row because the park emptied in the last 20 minutes.

Back in the hotel now, everybody is showered and fed. The planning and packing for tomorrow at Hollywood Studios has begun! This is MY main event of the week, so I’m excited. I know hardly a name or two from Star Wars but my god they put out some great Star Wars rides.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
1724145839389.png

An update to this - we finally saw Gerald at the trail along with his little dog, Ted. I asked him about the theft charge and he said the woman told the police that she had decided she didn't want to charge him, so that is a relief. I handed him $60, which I had taken daily, hoping to see him. He was so grateful and said "thank you, now I can eat some good food for the next week, until my pension comes through". It breaks my heart, people should not have to live like this. He had to pay $600 to get his van rolling again. The other homeless man is still there so I am sure Gerald won't be staying overnight and has found somewhere else to park.

I always take treats for his little dog, he is a Jack Russell mix and is getting very old. I can't imagine what it will be like for him when he passes. I wish I could win the lottery, there are so many things I want to do with money if I had enough to give away!

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK

I paid $189.99 on Amazon for them. Apple wants $249.

Reactions: GordonHowe

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Serious question for my ursine brethren and sisters who have been around the sun a few more times than I: how old do you have to be to not be too young to have “senior moments?”

Thanks.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Will hear from them in a week hope its a yes View attachment 902149
There's a lot of unknowns if you read that * information.

Serious question for my ursine brethren and sisters who have been around the sun a few more times than I: how old do you have to be to not be too young to have “senior moments?”

Thanks.
Not knowing how old you are, I'm guessing I am older than you. I can't recall but I do know that once you are 60 or more, you get to blame them on "senior" moments....lol

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Its never too late to start playing again, Lonnie! Lots a great Men's Senior baseball leagues in NE. I know its tough with kids playing youth sports, but once things slow down, you should definitely consider getting back into it.

I'm in my 3rd year playing now (43+ team and a 53+ team) and its the best thing I've ever done. I love it. Your body will hate you the first year, but once you've pulled all the muscles you've not used in 15yrs, it gets a lot easier. The teams I'm on have the perfect balance of competitiveness and having fun. We definitely want to win, but we also know we are playing a game for fun. We have very low tolerance for dickish behavior.
One of the fathers on Avery's team last season still plays and he was talking it up and trying to get some of the other dads to play. I think I'd be open to it if I can find the time. The good thing is that there's always a chance in the future.

Reactions: BMC and RoccoF14

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
First step would be a Portuguese passport, then I could work anywhere in the EU.

Pre-Brexit the most logical transition would have been the England then Scotland but now I think Ireland would make the most sense. If there was enough political upheaval in the USA to move it would be traumatic enough for the kids, I cannot imagine them having to go to school in a different language. Though southern European languages are easier to learn than Nordic ones. In the Nordic counties they hate immigrants and would just talk to you in english.

But I am not sure I would be able to handle the weather. Cold rain is the worst, most depressing shit ever. Warm and foggy is one thing but 40-50f and rain just sucks, IMO. Plus being on the same latitude of northern Quebec just means less sun in general.
Because my mother in law was born in Portugal my wife has applied (like almost 2 years ago, they're very backed up and slow) for a Portuguese dual-citizenship.

She dreams about a second home in the Azores since it's so inexpensive to live
there, and the living is good.

Last edited:

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.

Thanks.
You are having one right now.

And if you go into the kitchen and stand there like an idiot, having forgotten why you entered the kitchen, you are now a senior citizen.

My condolences.

One homey bit of advice:

Don't fight it. It'll go a lot easier for you.

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
You are having one right now.

And if you go into the kitchen and stand there like an idiot, having forgotten why you entered the kitchen, you are now a senior citizen.

My condolences.

One homey bit of advice:

Don't fight it. It'll go a lot easier for you.
I do that going to the kitchen thing a lot....usually after a few minutes I realize I was supposed to be going to the bathroom.....

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
We just about had the Tennessee version of a Mississippi Squirrel Revival by the mailboxes at my apartment. I have to walk around to the back side of the mail center to get to my box. On one end there is a cubby with a ledge and a trash can. As I was walking up I heard a noise, and just as I reached the side by the trash can, I see movement out of the corner of my eye. There was a squirrel sitting up on the ledge, about a foot away from me.

And then he decided to jump.

I don't think I've moved that fast in 30 years. :laugh:

Somehow he didn't land on me. And I'm pretty sure I didn't scream. But I got a full cardio workout in about 5 seconds.

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Oh and theres a house at the end of the culdasack(or whatever) that Coco walks towards and always stays at during her night walks and nobody lives there

Only rational explanation is Vampires live there

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
I do that going to the kitchen thing a lot....usually after a few minutes I realize I was supposed to be going to the bathroom.....
Sorry, reading the exchange made me think of this joke:

A doctor is making a routine call to one of his elderly patients. He asks, "And how are you doing today, Mr. Johnson?"

Mr. Johnson replies, "I feel just fine, Doc. But you know, it's the strangest thing. Every night when I get up to pee, the bathroom light goes on for me automatically when I open the door!"

The doctor is worried that the old guy is getting senile, so he phones the man's son, and the son's wife answers.

The doctor tells her, "Mrs. Johnson, I'm a little concerned about your father-in-law. It seems that when he gets up to urinate at night and opens the bathroom door, the light somehow goes on..."

Mrs. Johnson yells, "STEVEN! Dad's peeing in the refrigerator again!"

• Haha
Reactions: Gordoff and BMC

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY
Sorry, reading the exchange made me think of this joke:

A doctor is making a routine call to one of his elderly patients. He asks, "And how are you doing today, Mr. Johnson?"

Mr. Johnson replies, "I feel just fine, Doc. But you know, it's the strangest thing. Every night when I get up to pee, the bathroom light goes on for me automatically when I open the door!"

The doctor is worried that the old guy is getting senile, so he phones the man's son, and the son's wife answers.

The doctor tells her, "Mrs. Johnson, I'm a little concerned about your father-in-law. It seems that when he gets up to urinate at night and opens the bathroom door, the light somehow goes on..."

Mrs. Johnson yells, "STEVEN! Dad's peeing in the refrigerator again!"
Sad because things like that actually happen.

Reactions: Gordoff

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad