OT - NO POLITICS August edition - The summer wind came blowin' in……

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
I was blessed with an excellent elementry, middle school and high school education in Grosse Pointe, Michigan.

I still remember some of the teachers who had a very positive effect on me. I was very lucky.

All of which is to say, Mr. Lightfoot, "You go, girl!"
👏👏👏

Reactions: GordonHowe

GahdenRinkRat

Bruins' Den Mother
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2008
By the Dirty Watah
Maine for a week:yo:Beautiful weather, warm dry days and cool nights! What a relief from 90’s and humid. 3 hours of kayaking today and late lunch of “chowah” on the pier:highclap:
IMG_5113.jpeg
IMG_5118.jpeg
IMG_5117.jpeg
IMG_5122.jpeg
IMG_5120.jpeg

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena
Whales tale water park did not disappoint. Parked our stuff on the grass by the wave pool. Could bring our ow n food, no crowds, band, tiki bar. Hit all the sides. Favorite was the toiler bowl one.

Interested to hear from from @TD Charlie about how it was better before. Did they rip out some slides to put in the one where the floor drops out?

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Whales tale water park did not disappoint. Parked our stuff on the grass by the wave pool. Could bring our ow n food, no crowds, band, tiki bar. Hit all the sides. Favorite was the toiler bowl one.

Interested to hear from from @TD Charlie about how it was better before. Did they rip out some slides to put in the one where the floor drops out?
Toilet bowl is a great one. I’m so happy you guys enjoyed it.

They haven’t removed any slides, but they’ve adjusted two of them. The pair of straight speed slides next to where the floor drops out weren’t body slides before. They used to have very slick yellow matts, and best of all they were head first. Then the two twisty body sides on the same tower, those also used the same yellow matts. They were 100x faster before they changed them over to body slides. They seem to have toned down the wave pool considerably as well.

But still it’s a classic. I just wish they would run ALL the slides all day, including the tube slides in the middle of the park. Last year one of them was closed for the entire season. Then like i mentioned, they alternated between toilet bowl and the half pipe.

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena
Toilet bowl is a great one. I’m so happy you guys enjoyed it.

They haven’t removed any slides, but they’ve adjusted two of them. The pair of straight speed slides next to where the floor drops out weren’t body slides before. They used to have very slick yellow matts, and best of all they were head first. Then the two twisty body sides on the same tower, those also used the same yellow matts. They were 100x faster before they changed them over to body slides. They seem to have toned down the wave pool considerably as well.

But still it’s a classic. I just wish they would run ALL the slides all day, including the tube slides in the middle of the park. Last year one of them was closed for the entire season. Then like i mentioned, they alternated between toilet bowl and the half pipe.
Ah, makes sense! That must have been awesome.

I remember Water Wizz having those as well, not sure if they do anymore

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Ah, makes sense! That must have been awesome.

I remember Water Wizz having those as well, not sure if they do anymore
They do! My kids just went a couple weeks ago. Said they were the best slides in the park specifically because of the mats making them faster

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Man Im sick I cant find all these folders on my laptop or drives that are filled with photos and videos from like the past 20 something years.

I know I never deleted them. Idk where they were moved too. I just hope they werent on a drive that died a few months ago. If they are I hope it can be rescued somehow. Idk and dont think it can tho

Will have to keep looking around and/or just swallow the bitter pill that all of it is gone

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY
Man Im sick I cant find all these folders on my laptop or drives that are filled with photos and videos from like the past 20 something years.

I know I never deleted them. Idk where they were moved too. I just hope they werent on a drive that died a few months ago. If they are I hope it can be rescued somehow. Idk and dont think it can tho

Will have to keep looking around and/or just swallow the bitter pill that all of it is gone
If they are on your laptop or were, is it possible to do one of the old school system half reset things like old school windows used to let you do, where you could find a date and it would go back?

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
If they are on your laptop or were, is it possible to do one of the old school system half reset things like old school windows used to let you do, where you could find a date and it would go back?

Dont think it on a laptop. Its on a drive. Just dont know which. Im also a dumbass who sometimes doesnt name folders. However I did remember the name of some of the files and searched a drive and nothing. For some reason I am thinking its on this drive that died............then again.........Im not sure my memory isnt great.

Its honestly not THAT big of a deal..........I mean it is..........its a major bummer but nothing that will bring me down for a long time only when I think about finding a photo or a video...........

Just feels like stuff keeps happening nothing to do but smile and move forward however

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
has anyone mentioned the australian break dancer? i really hope she was doing thst to troll the world. i love her if that was a troll job.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
has anyone mentioned the australian break dancer? i really hope she was doing thst to troll the world. i love her if that was a troll job.
I think she was serious, and now she's having fun with it.

To me, it was a dumb idea to add into the Olympics, but what's done is done, Australia sent her, she performed with a smile the entire way through and she's still having fun with it.

There are FAR worse Olympians out there IMO. I don't see anything wrong with this one.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I think she was serious, and now she's having fun with it.

To me, it was a dumb idea to add into the Olympics, but what's done is done, Australia sent her, she performed with a smile the entire way through and she's still having fun with it.

There are FAR worse Olympians out there IMO. I don't see anything wrong with this one.
I thought It was hilarious. It almost did seem like she was trolling, but I think it was legit too.

That said, there's probably someone in Australia who was passed up sitting at home right now saying "For f*** sakes"

Reactions: TD Charlie

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
The fact that there's like 30+ swimming events for the women and men is hilarious to me as well. I still think it should be the fastest swimmer from point A to point B - I don't care if you're doing a backstroke, breast stroke, having a stroke - Whatever.

• Haha
Reactions: NeelyDan

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
The fact that there's like 30+ swimming events for the women and men is hilarious to me as well. I still think it should be the fastest swimmer from point A to point B - I don't care if you're doing a backstroke, breast stroke, having a stroke - Whatever.
Well, that's what all the freestyle events are for....... Fastest swimmer from point A to point B, and you can choose any stroke you'd like. Multiple distances.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Well, that's what all the freestyle events are for....... Fastest swimmer from point A to point B, and you can choose any stroke you'd like. Multiple distances.
It is, but I don't need to see 15-16 different events for swimming. It might just be me...

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I thought It was hilarious. It almost did seem like she was trolling, but I think it was legit too.

That said, there's probably someone in Australia who was passed up sitting at home right now saying "For f*** sakes"
A guarantee. There's no way she was the best for the job. I also have no idea how something like that is even decided. Surely there's got to be like a regional breakdancing competition, or SOMETHING that would weed out the clowns from those that are serious.

Something is a little off. Either way, she was in the Olympics and looks like she had a grand ol' time, and I'm sitting here typing away from a sweaty apartment.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Festival/fair alert:

Skowhegan, the oldest US State fair, in its 206th year, is happening this week; admission is $15;

Lewiston/Auburn and the city of Lewiston will hold the renamed L-A (Great Falls) Balloon Festival this weekend starting Friday AM

Reactions: BMC

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
I don't think that's accurate.
yes it actually is.... Townsquare posed that question and that was the response/answer what is the oldest continuous state fair located in Central Maine which was the hint given and Skowhegan was the answer at 206, no other state or local fair here has passed 200; pandemic years or not

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
yes it actually is.... Townsquare posed that question and that was the response/answer what is the oldest continuous state fair located in Central Maine which was the hint given and Skowhegan was the answer at 206, no other state or local fair here has passed 200; pandemic years or not

God this is embarrassing even for you. You CLEARLY said "the oldest US State fair" period with no modifiers. Then the second someone points out you're painfully wrong, rather just say "my bad," as usual you pretend you said something else. Now you're lying that you were talking about "the oldest continuous state fair LOCATED IN CENTRAL MAINE."

What a joke. It's okay to admit you're wrong. I hated the Andrew Ference extension cause he never stayed healthy. I got that wrong!

Last edited:
Reactions: Bruinswillwin77

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I still think there should be a liquor olympics where you have to blow a .25 in order to compete. That would make for unreal TV.

I've been saying this about golf for years. I'd like to see a shitty ass PGA tour or something where everyone is average, hacking darts, crushing beers and whacking the ball around for 4 hours.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: NeelyDan

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Faroe Islands
    Latvia vs Faroe Islands
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $225.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Albania vs Georgia