OT - NO POLITICS August edition - The summer wind came blowin' in……

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY
Looking thru one of my Dad's old binders of hockey cards lol. The good old... 80s?

1000007838.jpg

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Charter Spectrum takes Sunday hiatus for 2 hours+ AS NO Cable/Internet from 7:45 until 9 AM AND SINCE MY PHONE is now tied to the internet w/ Vonage it froze that except for dial tone

• Wow
Reactions: BMC

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Well, sure…but Kate (presumably) was in middle school in a completely different era

I was in middle school in the mid-90s.

It’s just a shitty time. Kids are incredibly cruel, your body is doing weird things, you’re in this weird place of gaining independence but still a kid.

Mostly, kids are incredibly cruel.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
I can’t speak for K08, but from what I’ve seen of middle schoolers the last couple years is ugly. There is very little respect or support even between friends. Everybody exists only to shit on their peers. The way to get ahead socially is just to make everyone else feel lower than you. They are openly vaping apparently. Skibbidy toilet fortnight Ohio sigma rizz

In short. They are little shits.
Going through it right now. Last 6 months were tough. Just know and talk to them about everything. Don’t assume anything and explain things.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
Looking thru one of my Dad's old binders of hockey cards lol. The good old... 80s?

View attachment 900250
I used to collect hockey cards when I was a kid. A cousin gave me a mess of them from 67.

I had my own from 68 and 69, and then later 71 72 74 75 I think 76 is probably the last year I bought them. I didn't buy any in the '80s.

I gave them all to a friend of mine.

I can't post the 70 Opechee or the 71 topps of Bobby Orr on my phone but I had them both. If anyone wants to put them up, they're pretty cool. The Opechee in particular still gives me chills.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bruinswillwin77

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY
I used to collect hockey cards when I was a kid. A cousin gave me a mess of them from 67.

I had my own from 68 and 69, and then later 71 72 74 75 I think 76 is probably the last year I bought them. I didn't buy any in the '80s.

I gave them all to a friend of mine.
I used to have a lot of them from the 90s when I was a kid but they disappeared somewhere a while ago and idk what happened to them. I like my dad's older ones more anyway lol.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
Nah, that's a good line.

The more I teach and work with children, the more I appreciate the craft and artistry of running a classroom. Classroom management is difficult!
I was blessed with an excellent elementry, middle school and high school education in Grosse Pointe, Michigan.

I still remember some of the teachers who had a very positive effect on me. I was very lucky.

All of which is to say, Mr. Lightfoot, "You go, girl!"

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I'm starting to get concerned about our astronauts stuck in spacem

They may have to stay there until February 2025.

For some reason Boeing offloaded the software that would control an uncrewed re-entry before the launch. Boeing now wants to upload that software so they could try an uncrewed re-entry that way they could study Starliner hands on.

Either way the crew will almost certainly not be coming home on the Starliner. NASA does not trust the spacecraft to bring them home alive (thruster issues) and is working on an alternative. One is to remove 2 astronauts from an upcoming flight and have the stranded crew come home on the return flight. They have also been talking to SpaceX about a rescue flight.

🚀

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
They may have to stay there until February 2025.

For some reason Boeing offloaded the software that would control an uncrewed re-entry before the launch. Boeing now wants to upload that software so they could try an uncrewed re-entry that way they could study Starliner hands on.

Either way the crew will almost certainly not be coming home on the Starliner. NASA does not trust the spacecraft to bring them home alive (thruster issues) and is working on an alternative. One is to remove 2 astronauts from an upcoming flight and have the stranded crew come home on the return flight. They have also been talking to SpaceX about a rescue flight.

🚀
I wouldn't trust Boeing if they offered me a free cookie.

I'm hoping SpaceX can help.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad