OT - NO POLITICS August edition - The summer wind came blowin' in……

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Went to a couple NXT house shows years ago. Very small barns but it makes for hot crowds, and you know the wrestling will be good. I forget the matches I’ve seen but i know one of them was supposed to be Biff Busick v Andrade, and we only knew that because Biff texted a friend of mine before the show.

It was Biff v f***ing mojo rawley lol. And Biff did the job! I was heated. It was kinda funny though.

Mainly going for the women one of my favorite matches this year

Have a great time!

Just need to figure out what to wear

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
I can’t speak for K08, but from what I’ve seen of middle schoolers the last couple years is ugly. There is very little respect or support even between friends. Everybody exists only to shit on their peers. The way to get ahead socially is just to make everyone else feel lower than you. They are openly vaping apparently. Skibbidy toilet fortnight Ohio sigma rizz

In short. They are little shits.
Well, sure…but Kate (presumably) was in middle school in a completely different era

Reactions: TD Charlie

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I can’t speak for K08, but from what I’ve seen of middle schoolers the last couple years is ugly. There is very little respect or support even between friends. Everybody exists only to shit on their peers. The way to get ahead socially is just to make everyone else feel lower than you. They are openly vaping apparently. Skibbidy toilet fortnight Ohio sigma rizz

Sounds familiar.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.

I cannot decipher your second to last sentence.

Explain.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
Mine were a bit older. Around Freshman or Sophomore year they each thought we were useless. Fortunately social media in middle school wasn't a thing back then. Younger daughter had it worse when her sister went to college. She and the missus were always at each other's throats.

When they each got to college they realized that we weren't so bad. And realized how much they depended on their mother. All has been good since then.
It's funny how when you're in your teens your parents are so stupid. And then when you get older it seems they're fairly intelligent. I wonder how that works.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
I'm very thankful to have grown up in the 70s and 80s.

Imagine having your entire childhood shared on mommy's Facebook or TikTok for the world to see. Forever.

"Little Timmy had his first poop in the toilet today!!!"

Eeeuuurrrrgghhh

Every generation bitches.about the generation previous, and the generation thereafter.

When I look back at the 70s & '80s, even the 90s, things seemed so simple back then.

How quaint.

Reactions: caz16

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
Oh absolutely.

When I graduated high school in 2008, the only apps that was used was youtube, facebook and twitter, which the latter wasn't *that* popular.

I cannot imagine being a teenager with the tiktok, snapchat, etc the bullying the exists on these apps nowadays scares me.

No way would I be able to concentrate. Heck, I still remember free nights and weekends on my cell phone and don't call until after 9 on the weekends. Never using the internet because it costs money and getting a certain amount of minutes on my phone to use every month. I got a cell phone the summer before my freshman year of highschool because I played sports and needed to contact my parents for offseason workouts and then traveling during the school year. No gimmicks. Nada.

This generation missed out on being outside all day. Not having their faces glued to a phone or computer. I feel a lot of empathy for them.
I feel a lot of sadness for them.

eightspokedb

pickee chickadee
Sponsor
Jul 17, 2002
cave of caerbannog
Visit site
  • Love
Reactions: BMC and CHRDANHUTCH

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
This is a lot to take in for one chat group but I share interesting content (to me…when I’m high….)

Share a random group chat screenshot!

The next fad brought to you by your unified lover, neelydan

IMG_6106.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad