OT - NO POLITICS August edition - The summer wind came blowin' in……

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Jesus Christ on a bicycle, she's 12 already???? Holy shit.

Being a girl she'll always be easier on you than her mother. Book it.
Certainly not the case so far. Her brothers are jerks to me too! Do I look like Rodney Dangerfield? I tell ya I don't get no respect!

• Haha
Reactions: GordonHowe and BMC

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
It depends on the child, one of mine has always been sweet, no matter the age. The other one....it started at 2 and never ended until she was in University....lol
Same here. Oldest one got to the point where I wish she would just give the finger to acknowledge my existence and we get along great now. The youngest, never a problem

Reactions: Gordoff and caz16

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Was trimming my beard today without my contacts in and misread the settings. After being about 1/3rd of the way in, I noticed the setting was 2, not 5. So I said "what the Hell" and shaved it off. I haven't actually seen my own face in about 5 years. I forgot how handsome I was...

Funny thing is, when my wife got home from her errands, she didn't notice it for about 10min. Finally, she looked at me and said...."Did you get a haircut?"

Last edited:

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Was trimming my beard today without my contacts in and misread the settings. After being about 1/3rd of the way in, I noticed the setting was 2, not 5. So I said "what the Hell" and shaved it off. I haven't actually seen my own face in about 5 years. I forgot how handsome I was...

Funny thing is, when my wife got home from her errands, she didn't notice it for about 10min. Finally, she looked at me and said...."Did you get a haircut?"
Nothing's worse then when you think it's on 4 but it's really on 2, then you have to pretty much trim everything down and even it out.

It's easy to mess up because at least for me the beard and mustache grow at different rates and I have to go down to 2 on the mustache for it to blend in with the rest of the beard at a 4. If I leave the trimmer on that setting and don't check it the next time I pick it up, it's easy to accidentally clip down the beard to a 2, which is basically just stubble at that point.

Reactions: RoccoF14

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton

Had to trim mine for interviews

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Nothing's worse then when you think it's on 4 but it's really on 2, then you have to pretty much trim everything down and even it out.

It's easy to mess up because at least for me the beard and mustache grow at different rates and I have to go down to 2 on the mustache for it to blend in with the rest of the beard at a 4. If I leave the trimmer on that setting and don't check it the next time I pick it up, it's easy to accidentally clip down the beard to a 2, which is basically just stubble at that point.
I use a 2 on my clippers, only one time I was in a hurry and only clipped in one side of the attachment. So it was sort of a 2, into a 0 fade. Didn't notice until I made a few passes and was wondering why it kept nicking me. That was an ugly couple days I had after that one before it evened itself out again

• Haha
Reactions: RoccoF14

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
When I was in Maine I sent father in law pics of my bass....no response...ok sometimes he acts jealous.
Sent him the coyote pic....no response.
Asked my aunt, when did you last talk to Jim? Last Thursday
This isn't good
Asked wife when did you last talk to your dad....been awhile....call him...left message, nothing
Next day.... phone right to voicemail

Ok so I'm thinking this is bad or he lost his phone....
Call your sister... haven't heard anything....

Sister in law calls cops...
Well it looks like he has been on his couch a week...they said he had a BP cuff on,so must have started feeling bad.

Cops called coroner....well it sounds natural so we can't pick him up.... WTF he's been on the couch a week.
Sister in law goes off on coroner, says ok we will pick him up but you have 2 days to deal with this.

She is in VA, us NY, happened in NJ. Going tomorrow to figure out what the hell to do

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
When I was in Maine I sent father in law pics of my bass....no response...ok sometimes he acts jealous.
This isn't good
Asked wife when did you last talk to your dad....been awhile....call him...left message, nothing

Well it looks like he has been on his couch a week...they said he had a BP cuff on,so must have started feeling bad.

Cops called coroner....well it sounds natural so we can't pick him up.... WTF he's been on the couch a week.
Sister in law goes off on coroner, says ok we will pick him up but you have 2 days to deal with this.

She is in VA, us NY, happened in NJ. Going tomorrow to figure out what the hell to do
I'm really, really sorry for your loss and the stress you guys are going through right now.....

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
This isn't good

Yikes. Sorry for your loss

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
This isn't good

I am so sorry to hear this. That is heartbreaking and traumatic for all involved, it just makes me want to cry. My condolences to your family.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
This isn't good

That is horrific!! So sorry.

That coroner needs a swift kick in the butt. At the very least couldn't they have said "here's a funeral home you can contact to pick up" if they can't do it?

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
FB_IMG_1723243901033.jpg

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
This isn't good

I'm so, so sorry to hear this. My condolences and prayers are with your family.

That coroner sounds like a true POS.

Reactions: shelbysdad

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
This isn't good

what part of NJ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad