Atlantic Standings Predictions Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
You made it to 6 games because Swayman played the best games of his career. Your team was completely outmatched. Boston was the easiest series in the playoffs for us. Tampa put up way more of a fight.
I thought both series were great.
Panthers and Bob had no answer for Stamps.
Swaymsn pulled a Bob against Bob and Panthers.
Rags were Panthers easiest series. Could have easily been a sweep. Two lucky IT wins for Rags.
Added note. Bennet is one hell of a player. A real gem.
Bruins have improved in two key spots. They will be a handful for the Panthers for the third straight play off in 25.

You’re just spitting nonsense.
Maybe so. Nonsensical facts though.

The90

Feb 27, 2017
No point. We're talking Atlantic teams that went to finals , I mentioned the ones that didn't.
And one that hasn't in the last 57 years. 🤣
Is that the bar for success now? ‘Finals appearances’?

I guess it’s hard to bicker about how long the leafs cup drought has been, when your own team is at 32 years and counting lol

Can Carey Price come out of retirement for the leafs so they too can join the coveted ‘cup finals losses’ club?

knight23

Aug 13, 2024
Tampa Bay has recognized skilled Kucherov, Vasilevsky, Point, Hedman, Hagel and Guentzel.

Tampa Bay means right.

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Is that the bar for success now? ‘Finals appearances’?

I guess it’s hard to bicker about how long the leafs cup drought has been, when your own team is at 32 years and counting lol

Can Carey Price come out of retirement for the leafs so they too can join the coveted ‘cup finals losses’ club?

93 Habs received Stanley Cup rings.

93 Leafs received Norris Divisions rings. (for real)

Lol..... how's that for "setting the bar"

Last edited:

The90

Feb 27, 2017
93 Habs received Stanley Cup rings.

93 Leafs received Norris Divisions rings. (for real)

Lol..... how's that for "setting the bar"
Listen, we’re both working on franchise longest cup droughts here. There is no bar. It’s a who’s pee pee is smaller type of debate. There’s no winning. Literally.

Reactions: wetcoast

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Listen, we’re both working on franchise longest cup droughts here. There is no bar. It’s a who’s pee pee is smaller type of debate. There’s no winning. Literally.
Who said anything about winning
We were talking about losing .......and the leafs are the loser kings of the NHL
Cheers

Last edited:

SheldonJPlankton

Sponsor
Oct 30, 2006
Ahhh...actually Stanley Cup finalists do win something.

There is even a whole mythos about not touching the Campbell Bowl or PoW Trophy.

Reactions: PaulD

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I mean sure there was close games but it was easily clear Florida was the dominant team 5/6 games. Swayman had a great playoffs.

The scoring chances and production were pretty much even at 5 on 5. Boston couldn't get out of their zone for sure and the possession and shot share was certainly very very in Florida's favor, but Florida isn't exactly amazing at defending in their own zone if you can get it down low. They win by not defending.

Bruins have struggled for the past two years against that Florida matchup getting the puck out of their zone and through center ice. It's hard matchup for a team lacking speed on the wing to burn Florida for being over aggressive in their pinches and with a defensive group with subpar puck movers like Forbort, Carlo, Peeke, Wotherspoon and guys who wilt under physical pressure like Gryz. The Bruins have not solved the speed issue, but the LD (Lindholm, Lorhei, Zadorov) group looks a lot more capable of handling Florida then in the past.

The special teams disparity is what really killed them. The Bruins being stuck with one of Geekie, Coyle or Zacha on the bumper made it WAY too easy for teams to cheat to Pasta and shutdown the PP. Pasta had like 1 PP goal over the last 40 games of the season. Elias Lindholm as a bumper threat is going to really allow that PP to get back to at least being solid. Bruins getting only 1 PP goal in that whole series killed them.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Just because a series goes 6 or 7 doesn't mean it was close. Florida was better than Boston most of that series besides game 1. You can argue about the blatant missed calls thar could of changed the direction of the series but it didn't happen.

Boston Vancouver went 7 in 2011 and that series was very 1 sided

No it wasn't, you can't have a 1 sided 7 game series, that's why they go 7 games because they are not 1 sided

Reactions: TheOrangeDesk

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Panthers/Bruins
Leafs/lighting
Who cares after
Hey so nothing changes from last year?

I don't see it. For me Tampa is the first to fall. Guentzel might replace the scoring of Stamkos but Mc Donaugh is getting old, he's no Sergachev out there. I see guys like Glendenning, Girgensons, Ylonen, Eyssimont in the bottom 6 that's not a complete team....An off year from Vasilevsky and the Bolts could be grounded.

Bruins aren't better to me. Lindholm is a nice two way centre. But losing De Brusk takes away scoring on a team that struggled to score in the playoffs. Zadorov could very well lay an egg, with the big money in his pocket now. Korpisalo doesn't give you the secondary goaltending that Ullmark did. 100th anniversary Marchand can fall down easy and get the calls, might be enough for a playoff appearance but the Bruins seem to be going into a reactionary position after being outmuscled by the Panthers.

Panthers will have a hangover, but should be good enough to stay near the top.. Unless bad Bob reappears. Defense doesn't look good though. Can they sustain any injuries? Can the Boqvists replace key players lost?

Leafs collapse and do nothing again. Oh wait new captain, the guy who laid an egg in game 7 against Boston. PP should be good again. What's the over/under on Chris Tanev games this year? Is Ekman-Larsson after years of disappointment going to be a disappointment again. In Woll and Stolarz they trust?

Detroit, Buffalo and Montreal all get better from being bad for so long, and having good prospects mature. Who has the best coach of the 3? That's a tough one. But one, maybe two of these teams are going to rise this year into the playoffs.

I feel like Ottawa is a theater. Just like the politicians, you change them out, but nothing ever changes. Could be the breaking point for Brady.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Boston
Florida
Toronto
Tampa
Ottawa
Buffalo
Detroit
Montreal
I still see the sabers as the team who rises in the division first before the sens but maybe TB and all those playoff games catch up to them this year as that core is getting close to losing an edge.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

I don't see it. For me Tampa is the first to fall. Guentzel might replace the scoring of Stamkos but Mc Donaugh is getting old, he's no Sergachev out there. I see guys like Glendenning, Girgensons, Ylonen, Eyssimont in the bottom 6 that's not a complete team....An off year from Vasilevsky and the Bolts could be grounded.

Bruins aren't better to me. Lindholm is a nice two way centre. But losing De Brusk takes away scoring on a team that struggled to score in the playoffs. Zadorov could very well lay an egg, with the big money in his pocket now. Korpisalo doesn't give you the secondary goaltending that Ullmark did. 100th anniversary Marchand can fall down easy and get the calls, might be enough for a playoff appearance but the Bruins seem to be going into a reactionary position after being outmuscled by the Panthers.

Panthers will have a hangover, but should be good enough to stay near the top.. Unless bad Bob reappears. Defense doesn't look good though. Can they sustain any injuries? Can the Boqvists replace key players lost?

Leafs collapse and do nothing again. Oh wait new captain, the guy who laid an egg in game 7 against Boston. PP should be good again. What's the over/under on Chris Tanev games this year? Is Ekman-Larsson after years of disappointment going to be a disappointment again. In Woll and Stolarz they trust?

Detroit, Buffalo and Montreal all get better from being bad for so long, and having good prospects mature. Who has the best coach of the 3? That's a tough one. But one, maybe two of these teams are going to rise this year into the playoffs.

I feel like Ottawa is a theater. Just like the politicians, you change them out, but nothing ever changes. Could be the breaking point for Brady.

Detroit and Buffalo absolutely did not get better.

Giving away a top 4 D, and a 2nd round pick for literally nothing does not make you better

Having 4 goalies does not make you better

Replacing Jeff Skinner with Jason Zucker does not make you better, in fact that makes you worse.

Trading a 2nd round pick for a 4th liner does not make you better.

Trading a top prospect for a 3rd line C doesn't make a difference.

Not everybody in the division got better, but NOBODY lost ground to either Buffalo or Detroit

Reactions: LiseL

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018

Giving away a top 4 D, and a 2nd round pick for literally nothing does not make you better

Replacing Jeff Skinner with Jason Zucker does not make you better, in fact that makes you worse.

Not everybody in the division got better, but NOBODY lost ground to either Buffalo or Detroit
All the Sabers need is a little bit better luck in the health department and they will be a playoff team this year.

Heard it here first.

Reactions: TheOrangeDesk

Strangle

May 4, 2009

Wait …. Are yo listing Detroit, Buffalo and Montreal are all going to make the playoffs while Tampa, Boston and Toronto miss?

Is that what you’re trying to say here? You’re joking, right? ….. right??

TheBarnIsElectric

Sponsor
Jun 15, 2010

Not into predictions, but i disagree with the bolded.

Skinner was a net negative player last year and fell out of a top 6 role. Zucker is for sure a better bottom six role player. Quinn is an upgrade in the top 6 if you want to look at it like that. Still think they could use another top 6 winger though.

Adding a competent 3c and a good 4th liner do in fact make the team better. Draft picks and prospects they gave up have no negative impact on the current roster.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Wait …. Are yo listing Detroit, Buffalo and Montreal are all going to make the playoffs while Tampa, Boston and Toronto miss?

Is that what you’re trying to say here? You’re joking, right? ….. right??
Don’t think you read the post.

But one, maybe two of these teams are going to rise this year into the playoffs

Suggesting one, possibly two at most, that’s not close to all three.
Plus there could be 5 teams from the east.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad