rmartin65

Apr 7, 2011
If we start positional this year and run a schedule it could look like

24-25 - defense
25-26 - goalies
26-27 - centres
27-28 - wingers
28-29 - top 100

It would be the 10th Anniversary of the 18-19 top 100.
I like this a lot. My only suggestion would be to swap D and G, but it’s not something I’m going to get particularly hung up on. I’d gladly do either at this point.

How much should we extend the lists? I'm thinking top 50 for the goalies and top 80 for the others?
I’d love to see us eventually build to top-100s across the board, but I recognize that’s a lot of work. Starting at 50/80 makes a lot of sense.

Reactions: jigglysquishy

Professor What

Sep 16, 2020
Gallifrey
I like this a lot. My only suggestion would be to swap D and G, but it’s not something I’m going to get particularly hung up on. I’d gladly do either at this point.

I’d love to see us eventually build to top-100s across the board, but I recognize that’s a lot of work. Starting at 50/80 makes a lot of sense.
Well, if we want to cut out a step of getting the goalies to 100, we could go 60. That would probably be two more steps to get to 100, while if we go to 50, it's probably three steps.

MadArcand

Whaletarded
Dec 19, 2006
Seat of the Empire
Well guys, I've had a heart attack this Wednesday. Writing now from the hospital while recovering from open-heart surgery. Ended up with double bypass because the main artery supplying blood within the heart was 99% clogged. Everything else clear, my weight/BMI has been good lately (193cm/95kg) since I had a personal coach, had regular exercise, non-smoker, no drugs, my eating was ok and my drinking habits better than in last 25 years...

You just can't beat shitty genetics (mom has ischemic heart disease, dad had two heart attacks and has stents, both grandpas died of heart attack - at 75 and late 50s, and the one great-grandpa we know the cause of death of dropped of a heart attack in his early 40s - all had looked healthy before as well).

Yay to a painful recovery, but frankly I'm glad to be alive, we caught it just in time to not damage the heart.

Professor What

Sep 16, 2020
Gallifrey
Well guys, I've had a heart attack this Wednesday. Writing now from the hospital while recovering from open-heart surgery. Ended up with double bypass because the main artery supplying blood within the heart was 99% clogged. Everything else clear, my weight/BMI has been good lately (193cm/95kg) since I had a personal coach, had regular exercise, non-smoker, no drugs, my eating was ok and my drinking habits better than in last 25 years...

You just can't beat shitty genetics (mom has ischemic heart disease, dad had two heart attacks and has stents, both grandpas died of heart attack - at 75 and late 50s, and the one great-grandpa we know the cause of death of dropped of a heart attack in his early 40s - all had looked healthy before as well).

Yay to a painful recovery, but frankly I'm glad to be alive, we caught it just in time to not damage the heart.
Aw man, I hate to hear that. Glad you're doing alright though, and I wish you a speedy recovery.

Reactions: MadArcand

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario

Damn man, glad to hear you’re doing well all considered. Wishing you a speedy recovery. Scary stuff. Take care and please keep us posted.

Hockey Outsider

Jan 16, 2005

Yikes, sorry to hear. Wishing you a full and speedy recovery.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express

Obviously very glad to hear you're still with us! We just never know what the next moment in time will bring us.

Wishing you as good of a recovery as humanely possible.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010

Damn, man, I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope you feel better soon and you get the best recovery possible. Looking on the bright side of this tragedy, glad you're still with us. I'm at a loss of words.

Namba 17

May 9, 2011

Sorry to hear about your health problems, good to hear that you're recovering.
Wish you be well as soon as possible

VanIslander

20 years of All-Time Drafts on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Bell peppers.
The #1 source of vitamin c (not ascorbic acid the pill form derivative).

It, collard greens, red wine and nuts have changed my life.

No sugar, oil, salt (SOS).

(Yet tons of turmeric, ginger, garlic, black pepper)

I feel healthier at 55 than i did at 45.
Without a lick of exercise. Other than walking a lot and avoiding all chairs (better to stand or lie down than to sit - for blood circulation).

I was diagnosed with a heart arrhythmia, ❤️, and told i had to take meds for the rest of my life and i said f that, did scientific studies research, and changed the game. The doc i have now says the other doc must have made a mistake (lol).

Last edited:

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
I've heard this song a thousand times, easily, over the decades, but it still hits fresh.... so many more fav songs have fallen by the wayside.

Last edited:

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Like 'What a Wonderful World', one can't get enough.

In hockey terms, as a Canucks fan, this never gets old:

If this doesn't rock you then you are dead inside - or, i simply don't get you.

When you get dirt kicked at you, do you walk away or lean in? . .. I think this is what hockey is all about. And always.

Last edited:

tinyzombies

Dec 24, 2002
Montreal, QC, Canada
IMG_6152.jpeg

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
So,... you think McD MAY HAVE already surpassed Lemieux?

I think he is on the path but not yet at Granny's house.

Haven't looked at it carefully, but his inclusion doesn't invalidate the list like Price's does. McDavid is at worst the #5 Canadian forward, right? Howe and Crosby are the two who could (or maybe should) be counted ahead of him.

Is Price even in the top-10?

Ad

Upcoming events

• France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,632.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Israel vs Italy
    Israel vs Italy
    Wagers: 7