Prospect Info: At 27th Overall The Predators Select Zachary L'Heureux

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017

Olderfan

Jul 3, 2019
He’s had, what we can assume, multiple counseling/meetings/warnings from parent(s), coaches, leagues, friends, referees, etc. to no avail. He persists by attacking a fan, with a stick. It means he’s still a boy, not a man. We need to realize that this behavior is not that of an overly aggressive hockey player; there are plenty of those, but of an individual who loses control so badly he does things beyond reason. He appears to need help beyond what hockey can afford him. Forget hockey; this is a troubled kid. I appeal to those close to him to get him some help.

Reactions: Preds Partisan

PredsV82

All In LFG!
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
He’s had, what we can assume, multiple counseling/meetings/warnings from parent(s), coaches, leagues, friends, referees, etc. to no avail. He persists by attacking a fan, with a stick. It means he’s still a boy, not a man. We need to realize that this behavior is not that of an overly aggressive hockey player; there are plenty of those, but of an individual who loses control so badly he does things beyond reason. He appears to need help beyond what hockey can afford him. Forget hockey; this is a troubled kid. I appeal to those close to him to get him some help.
I think you are overstating. Yes, he is at high risk, but his statements acknowledging his issues and his more disciplined performance in the playoffs gives me hope that he is maturing. I think being around professionals in Milwaukee will do him a world of good

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Reread this thread. It's pretty funny the rollercoaster that takes place.
I'm not sure I see any rollercoaster? So far L'Heureux is about where we all hoped, albeit his AHL playoff surge (again - he also did it in junior and this is a great trait in a player!) has vaulted him with recency bias in our rankings. I think I had him at #2 post-Askarov? But it doesn't change any of the things that went on before. 90+% of the discussion in this thread was simply recounting/examining the facts of his actions. And that's just a historic record now, not a "rollercoaster".

Not sure what his PIMs last season show... to some degree, that he hasn't fully matured or will just always be a little mouthy/hot-headed, even though it certainly has seemed at times also that certain refs in the AHL just had a special bias against him? Anyway, I imagine once he makes the NHL, he will be about where this thread in consensus pegged him. A good agitating middle-6 forward. And he'll probably do something outrageous and get suspended again in the NHL too.
:dunno:

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
I'm not sure I see any rollercoaster? So far L'Heureux is about where we all hoped, albeit his AHL playoff surge (again - he also did it in junior and this is a great trait in a player!) has vaulted him with recency bias in our rankings. I think I had him at #2 post-Askarov? But it doesn't change any of the things that went on before. 90+% of the discussion in this thread was simply recounting/examining the facts of his actions. And that's just a historic record now, not a "rollercoaster".

Not sure what his PIMs last season show... to some degree, that he hasn't fully matured or will just always be a little mouthy/hot-headed, even though it certainly has seemed at times also that certain refs in the AHL just had a special bias against him? Anyway, I imagine once he makes the NHL, he will be about where this thread in consensus pegged him. A good agitating middle-6 forward. And he'll probably do something outrageous and get suspended again in the NHL too.
:dunno:
Okay.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
L'Heureux got 2 suspensions (3 games total) in his rookie season.

1 game for getting an instigator penalty in the final five minutes of a game. An automatic suspension and he didnt do anything noteworthy here

2 games for giving Dach a gloved punch after Dach took a questionable hit/run on L'Heureux. Suspension was warrented.

The penalty minutes were really high due to the officials whipping out 10 minute misconducts because he was verbally mean to them. His minor penalty discipline was actually pretty good. He will have to learn to bite his tongue.

He was suspended 9 times in the Q so this is progress

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
If I remember from the Milwaukee folks several of those 10's were complete BS and resulted from him getting run and the Refs doing nothing to stop it.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
If I remember from the Milwaukee folks several of those 10's were complete BS and resulted from him getting run and the Refs doing nothing to stop it.
I think it was Cody Beach who handed him several of those as part of a personal feud of some sort? :dunno:

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Alot was "abuse of officials" and considering none of them were from him laying hands on them, i read into it as "he said mean things to me because i didnt what he wanted". That can be making a bad call or ignoring something that shouldve been called. They let players take runs at him without making calls which would piss me off took if i were him.
His 10 minute penalties:

1 abuse was at the very end of the game after time expired so who cares

1 abuse was given after he also was given a penalty for diving/embellishment near end of 2nd period

2 abuse concurrent ones were given after being given a penalty for diving/embellishment near end of 2nd period

3 different game misconducts - instigator, punching Dach after a bad hit, and a bad cross check - last 2 mentioned here are earned, 1st one is automatic.

An unsportsmanlike in the last 3 minutes of a game.

1 abuse after being given a crosschecking penalty with under 2 minutes left (might as well since he wasnt coming back that game anyways)
1 misconduct with 11 seconds left in the game

So seems like the abuse calls are mostly after questionable calls like diving or at the end of the game when passions are high and team impact is lower and it can be used as a rallying cry.

Worst ones were from a bad crosscheck and retaliation against Dach which led to a suspension as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad