At 15th Overall (via Trade) the Red Wings Select G Sebastian Cossa

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
I've always loved Kari Lehtonen after he sported his Yuna and Rikku from FFX-2 mask. Good taste by that man, even if the storyline in the game was dogshit.

behind_angry_birds_mask_and_other_goalie_video_game_tributes-6-465x387.jpg

behind_angry_birds_mask_and_other_goalie_video_game_tributes-7-465x387.jpg

I'm glad to see someone openly admit they only played that game for the barely-legal almost naked CG girls. Too many people try and act like it's a good game when in reality it's just FF: Swimsuit Edition. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
I'm glad to see someone openly admit they only played that game for the barely-legal almost naked CG girls. Too many people try and act like it's a good game when in reality it's just FF: Swimsuit Edition. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

It really is.

I will say, the ATB and combo attacking is kinda fun, but the story is dogshit.

Also… it has one of the most uncomfortable mini games ever. Literal massaging the hot villain with her full on moaning when you do it right. I’ve never actually made it past… I think Act 3, because the story is like I said, so f***ing stupid.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
So I felt the need to defend the criticism he was getting in the WHL, because I feel like people just did not want to give him any credit and it was unfair.

But I will say, I view him not being Canada' clear cut 1G as a bit of an indictment against him for me. Garand got the start in game 1, and now Brochu is getting the start in game 2. These are guys who were drafted in the 4th round and went undrafted. With Cossa's pedigree he should be the presumptive favorite on this team. I am honestly disappointed.

Last edited:

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
So I felt the need to defend the criticism he was getting in the WHL, because I feel like people just did not want to give him any credit and it was unfair.

But I will say, I view him not being Canada' clear cut 1G is a bit of an indictment against him for me. Garand got the start in game 1, and now Brochu is getting the start in game 2. These are guys who were drafted in the 4th round and went undrafted. With Cossa's pedigree he should be the presumptive favorite on this team. I am honestly disappointed.

I'm not sure I'd feel any better if they were playing Cossa against what assumes to be a cakewalk against Austria in game two.

Who starts against Finland will be really telling. Or is Cossa gets his pads on for game 3 with Germany. But yeah, it would have been nice if he was the lock starter. It's hard to know what the coaches are thinking exactly though.

jaster

My dog from Belgium came with frites.
Jun 8, 2007

But I will say, I view him not being Canada' clear cut 1G as a bit of an indictment against him for me. Garand got the start in game 1, and now Brochu is getting the start in game 2. These are guys who were drafted in the 4th round and went undrafted. With Cossa's pedigree he should be the presumptive favorite on this team. I am honestly disappointed.

Agree completely. I am still curious as to who the backup is tonight. I think that will offer a hint regarding Cossa getting any playing time in this tournament.

I want to believe this current situation is Cameron's way of getting the best goalie on his roster fired up, but who knows.

ridilon

Sep 14, 2017
B2B shutouts for the kid. Albeit Swift C could only muster 11 shots. I'm hoping Cossa goes on a nasty tear of binary goalie mode (Nothing but 0s and 1s). I still say Wallstedt was the better option, but we're a long way from knowing either way.

Reactions: lilidk

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
I still say Wallstedt was the better option, but we're a long way from knowing either way.

Cossa v Wallstedt is going to be a massive source of drama on this board for years to come. Like Franzen v Hossa or Quincey for a 1st. Yzerman must have insane faith in his scouts to trade up for Cossa in a rare year where there was also another potential franchise goalie available at that spot.

Reactions: Gniwder

lhsgolf19

Oct 4, 2016
Birmingham, MI
Cossa's Defense definitely took a night off tonight... He got pulled after 2 after giving up 5 Goals on 15 Shots... I'm dead serious, after watching the goals, he had a chance to save maybe 1... It was insane

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Cossa v Wallstedt is going to be a massive source of drama on this board for years to come. Like Franzen v Hossa or Quincey for a 1st. Yzerman must have insane faith in his scouts to trade up for Cossa in a rare year where there was also another potential franchise goalie available at that spot.
Yup, and I would've gone with WALLstedt based on name alone, lol.

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands
Cossa's Defense definitely took a night off tonight... He got pulled after 2 after giving up 5 Goals on 15 Shots... I'm dead serious, after watching the goals, he had a chance to save maybe 1... It was insane

Thats not the defense fault, it's Cossa's fault for letting in 5 goals...

Man, ever since his WJC game he is just inconsistent, lost all his confidence. GAA of 2.40, his worst season since he entered the WHL... Bit concerning

ridilon

Sep 14, 2017
Jekyll and Hyde goalie. 2 shutouts. Gets pulled for letting in 5, then lets in 3. Next a shutout. Something in the water up in Edmonton.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
I was a defender of the move at the time looks like there is a strong chance of some egg on my face :( I hope Cossa works out if it doesn't its going to hurt really bad. I was upset they did not draft Wallstedt but considering they traded up and still drafted Cossa over Wallstedt I thought they must know something. These are not glowing reports though.

Larkin2AA

Apr 21, 2016
Rochester Hills, MI
Idk how many times it needs to be said, the Wongs drafted Cossa because of his ceiling. They believe he had a higher ceiling than Wallstedt. Wallstedt may look great now, but has he peaked?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad