Red Sox/MLB ASTROS WIN THE WORLD SERIES

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Houston positional core- Altuve, Correa, Springer, and Bregman vs LA's- Turner, Bellinger, Puig, and Seager is a wash if Seager is healthy

Secondary is similar but I give an edge to Houston here

Verlander vs Kershaw until I see Kershaw morph into Bob Gibson, I'm taking the Curt Schillingesqe Justin Verlander.

Verlander comes up big here he's likely in the HOF

Keuchel and Morton I like over Wood and Hill.

Darvish could be the wild card If he matches up with Peacock

The Houston bullpen can live off a long man (McCullers) a setup (Devenski), and a closer (Giles)

It's a toss up

But I'm taking Houston as that place needs it and Seager health is an issue

Astros in 7

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Insane that McCullers threw something like 20 straight curveballs last night and the Yankees couldn't do anything with it.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Red Sox hire Alex Cora as 47th manager in club history
Press Release | 3:33 PM ET

The Boston Red Sox today announced that they have hired Alex Cora as the 47th manager in club history, agreeing to a three-year contract that will run through the 2020 season, with a club option for the 2021 season.

President of Baseball Operations Dave Dombrowski made the announcement.

Cora, 42, made his Major League Baseball coaching debut in 2017 as bench coach of the Houston Astros, helping lead the club to a 101-61 record, the American League West division title, and the second World Series appearance in franchise history.

"I am extremely honored and humbled to be named manager of the Boston Red Sox and I want to thank Dave, John Henry, Tom Werner, and Sam Kennedy for giving me such a tremendous opportunity," said Cora. "Returning to the Red Sox and the city of Boston is a dream come true for me and my family and I look forward to working towards the ultimate goal of winning another championship for this city and its great fans. At the same time, I want to express my appreciation for Jim Crane, Jeff Luhnow, A.J. Hinch, and the entire Houston Astros organization for giving me the chance to start my coaching career. It has been a very special season and an incredible organization to be a part of and I am looking forward to the World Series and winning with this group."

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Good thing the league put that kibosh on league news during the World Series as not to distract from the series.

****ing 2017.
Cora will not be in Boston for a press conference until after the World Series, which starts Tuesday and could run through Nov. 1. The Sox worked with Major League Baseball and the Astros to determine when to make the announcement and all sides agreed to withhold further comment until after the Series.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I think rooting for a team to lose is the ultimate losers mentality.

That said...f*** the Yankees.

Reactions: BMC

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
It’s going to be kinda cute to watch NY lose in 7 games.

22 of 25 teams that have taken a 2-0 series lead in league championship series have gone on to win that series.

I think ESPN said that 4 of the last 5 teams that have gone down 0-2 and come back to take a 3-2 lead with games 6 and 7 on the road have lost the series.

Let’s hope it becomes 5 of 6.

Quoted for the mother ******* truth...

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
If it’s for petty reasons, I get this, but with long standing, hated rivalries, don’t think this applies.

**** the Habs too.

Oh absolutely.

I just have a “friend” that is from upstate NY and moved to Boston with a serious disdain for the Patriots and Bruins. He spends more time talking shit about them than he does rooting for the teams he supports, and it legitimately drives me insane.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
Well that was a bummer to head off into the woods in search of a good area for Elk hunting next month to come home and not just did the Yankees lose game 7, they lost it in convincing fashion. Oh well, no way they were winning it all this year unless every single thing fell perfectly into place for them. At least it wasn't a complete loss of a day, Pat's won thankfully and their defense finally showed up which is cool.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
Oh absolutely.

I just have a “friend” that is from upstate NY and moved to Boston with a serious disdain for the Patriots and Bruins. He spends more time talking **** about them than he does rooting for the teams he supports, and it legitimately drives me insane.

I think even I'd have to punch him in the mouth.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
How much will the Sox charge for these? $300 a game??????

http://www.bostonherald.com/business/business_markets/2017/10/fenway_ok_d_for_dugout_seating

The area will be placed below the field level, with a drink rail area for snacks and refreshments and bar stools. Izzo said fans with tickets to the area will be free to stand and mingle during the game as they will be below the level of those seated behind them.

To make room for the dugout seating, Izzo did not state what occupancy of the dugout area would be, but plans show as many as 25. He told the board the Sox are removing 12 seats from the stands on that side of the field. However, as part of the plan, Fenway is adding 30 seats to the third-base side. The Red Sox have said they are “still evaluating” whether they will add more protective netting.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
It's just a matter of time until the Sox have people hanging from helicopters over the field to get a 'birds eye view'.

Back at the old Huntington Ave Grounds - this happened

2350719806_ffbf80e753_z.jpg

Even in the 1930's they allowed fans on the field

fenway%20park%20(23).jpg

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Pedroia had knee surgery and is out until at least the end of May.

I think at this point I consider Pedroia a part-timer who, if you get production out of him after he comes back, great. But I'd plan to go forward with Nunez at 2B (and that's assuming his knee is good to go).

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Pedroia had knee surgery and is out until at least the end of May.

I think at this point I consider Pedroia a part-timer who, if you get production out of him after he comes back, great. But I'd plan to go forward with Nunez at 2B (and that's assuming his knee is good to go).

Nunez' knee injury didn't look good. Any word on his condition?

I agree with you about Pedroia. He's 33 and his style of play has only made it harder on his body. Sox need to look for a new second baseman.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
How much will the Sox charge for these? $300 a game??????

http://www.bostonherald.com/business/business_markets/2017/10/fenway_ok_d_for_dugout_seating

The area will be placed below the field level, with a drink rail area for snacks and refreshments and bar stools. Izzo said fans with tickets to the area will be free to stand and mingle during the game as they will be below the level of those seated behind them.

To make room for the dugout seating, Izzo did not state what occupancy of the dugout area would be, but plans show as many as 25. He told the board the Sox are removing 12 seats from the stands on that side of the field. However, as part of the plan, Fenway is adding 30 seats to the third-base side. The Red Sox have said they are “still evaluating” whether they will add more protective netting.

Good luck sitting in those when it rains.

Reactions: BMC and Fenway

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
This is like when Claude Julien benched Phil Kessel in the playoffs for Jeremy Reich
Benched kessel for 2 games and the bruins lost both and couldnt score. They might have won that series had julien benched kessel for say period or two..never liked julien in fact i couldnt stand him.Glad hes in MTL....hey claude hows that workin out so far this season???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad