Red Sox/MLB ASTROS WIN THE WORLD SERIES

Status
Not open for further replies.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I don't know why they call him "the real life Andy Dufresne" when all he did was spend time in the same prison that they used to film the movie. They had absolutely nothing in common other than they both escaped, but he didn't even really escape from the prison itself.

Just posted it because I thought maybe that's what she was thinking of.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
And there's a lot of rumors flying around today that Cora will be named the Red Sox maanger once the ALCS is over.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
That was the exact article. Clearly, reading comprehension was not on my list of things to do the day I read it. LMAO

I didn't watch the movie for over 20 years and I had always thought it was based on true events. I'm not sure what I thought that. The movie itself was just a complete masterpiece, if by some chance you all missed it make sure you watch it.

Reactions: HockeyMomx2

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Hosenbagger gone. This Cora stuff has to be true, no?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Love game 7's

Verlander is one of greats in last quarter century it's his stage tonight

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Hosenbagger gone. This Cora stuff has to be true, no?

From the Globe

Cora is in a delicate position. The Astros are hosting Game 6 of the American League Championship Series against the Yankees on Friday and it would be somewhat inappropriate for him to accept a new job until that series concludes.

The Red Sox also face an edict from MLB not to make any major announcements during the playoffs.
Monday is a scheduled day off before the start of the World Series and that could be when the Sox make a formal announcement.

Reactions: TP

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
DD left the Tigers in shambles. Ausmus didn't even want to be considered for the Mets job...Can't blame him.

In fairness to Ausmus not being interested in the Mets, his next managerial job will basically extend or permanently end his career. If he takes on a shit show like the Mets and fails (which is a near certain guarantee), he likely never gets another job. So he has to chose very carefully.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
From the Globe

Cora is in a delicate position. The Astros are hosting Game 6 of the American League Championship Series against the Yankees on Friday and it would be somewhat inappropriate for him to accept a new job until that series concludes.

The Red Sox also face an edict from MLB not to make any major announcements during the playoffs.
Monday is a scheduled day off before the start of the World Series and that could be when the Sox make a formal announcement.

I guess I understand the whole “edict” thing from MLB, but if your playoffs are at all entertaining, the hiring of a manager, even on a high profile team like the Sox, should not take away from the postseason in the slightest.

It makes more sense to me that HOU would want to delay the announcement until Monday at least to minimize any distraction, not that I think announcing Cora’s hiring IS a distraction. If he’s the Sox guy, I’m sure the players in the Astros clubhouse already know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad