Red Sox/MLB ASTROS WIN THE WORLD SERIES

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I don't understand where some of this backlash is coming from about Farrell and that he got a raw deal.

Dusty Baker just received the same fate. Regular season does not matter if your team can't perform in the postseason. And while that is on the players for the most part, of course the manager is going to take the brunt of the ire of fans/management.

I think Farrell was gone unless this team reached the World Series, and I'm completely okay with it. He's not the type of manager I want for a clubhouse that clearly has problems, plus a lot of youth.

Jdavidev

Jul 5, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Football is the only sport where coach continuity is pretty paramount to success, especially when you find that right guy at QB. But baseball is about individual players, individual matchups. You just need the manager to pull the right strings, and keep the clubhouse aligned. They are very important, but think if you hit a wall, go find a new voice, regardless of past success. There are no complex systems to install like football. Hockey, I feel, falls somewhere in between those two.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Meh. Really don't care who they hire. Farrel was the prize a few years ago, and now he couldn't leave fast enough.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Girardi should get some grief for leaving severino in one hitter too long. He was starting to lose command and they had green ready. I said right after the reddick pop out he should have pulled severino and not let him face altuve again.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Come on Verlander

He battled and got some big outs when he was out of gas. Still can't believe Sanchez' check swing on 3-0, but I'll take it.

It's exciting having a Game 7 in town; not something we get much of.

What the Astros are going to do for pitching is anyone's guess, but at least they'll have the opportunity.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
He battled and got some big outs when he was out of gas. Still can't believe Sanchez' check swing on 3-0, but I'll take it.

It's exciting having a Game 7 in town; not something we get much of.

What the Astros are going to do for pitching is anyone's guess, but at least they'll have the opportunity.
I'm a Charlie Morton guy

I have confidence in him

Reactions: Aeroforce

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Wow - what a combined effort by Morton and McCullers.

In one of the post game interviews McCullers said, with no disrespect to Altuve and Verlander, that he thinks Brian McCann is the MVP of the team, for the way he handles the pitching staff.

Bizarre they are playing the Dodgers in the World Series. I have childhood memories of hating the Dodgers since the Astros always had such a tough time with them when they were in the same division. I remember 1980 when the Astros needed to win one of three in LA to finish the season for a division title. They lost all three and needed a one game playoff for their first post season berth.

Then the next year, they met in the division playoff of the strike-shortened season. Astros won the first two, then lost the next three and the Dodgers won the WS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad