OT: Association Football Thread III (All Soccer Talk Here!)

Brief Candle

Hank's Forehead Sweat
Jan 30, 2010
New Jersey
rocklandmusic.com
I can't remember if it was Tata Martino or Bielsa who wanted the manager job and were snubbed by the USA program because they weren't fluent in English. Klinsmann did more with less than half the talent. They can't get out of their own way. Shit, give the reigns to Henry. It can't get much worse.

I don't support the USA in football. I've always pulled for the motherland, mainly because it's all I knew growing up here because no one gave a shit about football here until the last ten years or so. With that said, I still want to see the game succeed here.

Reactions: Graves94

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I can't remember if it was Tata Martino or Bielsa who wanted the manager job and were snubbed by the USA program because they weren't fluent in English. Klinsmann did more with less than half the talent. They can't get out of their own way. Shit, give the reigns to Henry. It can't get much worse.

I don't support the USA in football. I've always pulled for the motherland, mainly because it's all I knew growing up here because no one gave a shit about football here until the last ten years or so. With that said, I still want to see the game succeed here.
I don't remember how it all went down but I do remember Ernie Stewart said that English was a requirement to manage the team and then everyone said Tata was out because of that. How f***ing shortsighted. As a fan of Italian football, they go everywhere to manage and like normal people will learn the new country's language on the fly. It's such a simple thing, really, and we can't even handle that.

Brief Candle

Hank's Forehead Sweat
Jan 30, 2010
New Jersey
rocklandmusic.com
I don't remember how it all went down but I do remember Ernie Stewart said that English was a requirement to manage the team and then everyone said Tata was out because of that. How f***ing shortsighted. As a fan of Italian football, they go everywhere to manage and like normal people will learn the new country's language on the fly. It's such a simple thing, really, and we can't even handle that.
Imagine passing up Tata Martino, considering like more than half the national team speaks spanish anyhow. lol

Reactions: nyr2k2

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Jesse Marsch always should have been the choice to head the USMNT. His press scheme would have been perfect for an atheltic young team.

Graves94

Nov 26, 2010
Montreal
If I were USA, I would hurl BAGS of money at Klopp.

Should be some fun ones! I've got Spain and France advancing. Also, Argentina v. Ecuador tonight!
Germany & France advancing. Spain is a young team and Germany is playing at home. France should/will explode tonight and actually score at least one goal on their own, from open play, besides I absolutely hate that cry baby on Portugal, who shouldn't even be in the starting XI...
Of course, my birthland Argentina will will, but won't be easy.

Reactions: Brief Candle

Brief Candle

Hank's Forehead Sweat
Jan 30, 2010
New Jersey
rocklandmusic.com
Germany & France advancing. Spain is a young team and Germany is playing at home. France should/will explode tonight and actually score at least one goal on their own, from open play, besides I absolutely hate that cry baby on Portugal, who shouldn't even be in the starting XI...
Of course, my birthland Argentina will will, but won't be easy.
Vamosssssssss carajoooooo. I was born in the states, but 95% of my family is still in Argentina. We should be able to handle Ecuador, but it's never an easy game. They play well. Especially against us.

Reactions: Graves94

Graves94

Nov 26, 2010
Montreal
Vamosssssssss carajoooooo. I was born in the states, but 95% of my family is still in Argentina. We should be able to handle Ecuador, but it's never an easy game. They play well. Especially against us.
Born in Argentina (Balcarce), came to Canada when I was 7 yrs old, my parents are Italian...root 100% for light blue and white! Vamos carajo!!!

Reactions: Brief Candle

Brief Candle

Hank's Forehead Sweat
Jan 30, 2010
New Jersey
rocklandmusic.com
Born in the states but mother is from Ecuador and still have strong family ties there....goes and cries in the corner....
Dude, you're still a latin american brother! Two of my best friends are from Ecuador. Tonight will be a tough, but good game.

Born in Argentina (Balcarce), came to Canada when I was 7 yrs old, my parents are Italian...root 100% for light blue and white! Vamos carajo!!!
1/2 Spanish, 1/2 Ukrainian, technically, but the same for me. Both sides have been in Argentina since the late 1800's. I'm the first generation to be borin in the states. There has only ever been one national team I've known my whole life. Aguante Argentina!

Unrelated, now I want some Balcarce. lol

Brief Candle

Hank's Forehead Sweat
Jan 30, 2010
New Jersey
rocklandmusic.com
449874903_501206869023026_5024053081151684129_n.jpg

Once again saved our asses. Ecuador played REALLY well. We played REALLY poorly. Let's hope that was our one shit game.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Facts. Has France scored an open-play goal?
Not that I remember. Either way, France should win the next one, as half of spains starting 11 has carded out of next game. But with my luck … they’ll somehow win after Mbappe and Kante tear their ACLs and then get red carded before being removed from the pitch on stretchers. What happens in the other brackets is irrelevant.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad