Value of: Askarov

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mustard

Jan 26, 2011
Nashville
We're not moving Askarov for anything less than an overpay. Why would we? He's several years out, and if Juuse maintains this level of play 4-5 years down the road, we can ship one of the two of them off for a haul.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Devils can give you rookie Geertsen + Subban for Askarov.

Oh boy a 26 year old defenseman who's not going to play a minute on our left side and a God awful Subban for one of our best prospects. Great.

From a value perspective, maybe something around Mukhamadullin could work?

No. If we wanted to draft Mukhamadullin instead of Askarov we would have.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
I suspect they'll let him simmer and bring him over to backup in the next couple years before evaluating what they have.

Saros has 3 more years after this one at 5m, he'll be due for a substantial raise if this play keeps up.

That would be the most reasonable move for the Preds imo. Develop Askarov into an heir to Saros, then trade Saros for a haul, or let him go to FA is his contract ask is too much.

As a huge Carey Price fan, I still recognize that a superstar contract for a goalie can be crippling to a team. The year to year difference between the best goaltender and the average goaltender is not big enough for the difference in $$$.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Oh boy a 26 year old defenseman who's not going to play a minute on our left side and a God awful Subban for one of our best prospects. Great.

It was a joke. Not a very good one but it is our crappiest player and an obvious no value Subban.

Draft was how long ago ? Ever hear of a mock re-draft and how years after the draft there are a lot of mistakes/reaches / players who fell in the draft and were over looked while other players were taken too high . Im not saying this is the case with Azkarov and Shakir but saying what you did makes no sense. So the Flyers - they would have taken Makar they would have and are pumped to have taken Patrick instead?

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
They'll likely do exactly what they did with Saros. Have him come in and play backup until he is overripe and take over from Saros when the time comes. It worked wonders with Rinne and Saros, I can't see why they wouldn't try the same with Saros and Askarov.

Andre Palot

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ

Muk's stock has risen significantly since the draft. I think that's pretty safe to say. I'd add a pick if need be but I don't think as terms of value this is that unbalanced.

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
Man I’m still upset poile picked askarov over Jarvis and lundell, 2 players that could be helping us now. With having saros and Ingram as a capable backup askarov wasn’t a need at all.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
What does Nashville need? LA needs a top goalie prospect more than anything else in the entire organization. What would it take?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad