Value of: Askarov

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
If I was the Predators I'd want a stud Center prospect to even think of trading him at the moment
Stud and center is something Nashville has not been able to comprehend. There is no reason to move Askarov, any trade would be potential for potential.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Drury will not get you Askarov. Stop overrating your prospects
Drury is a really good prospect, I thought... basically NHL-ready? I'm still not looking to trade Askarov for a prospect, but if I was, I don't think Drury would be off the table. The Canes have that shotgun blast draft approach, so they should be able to perhaps add another lesser goalie prospect back in the deal, maybe some other wildcard too.
:dunno:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Drury is a really good prospect, I thought... basically NHL-ready? I'm still not looking to trade Askarov for a prospect, but if I was, I don't think Drury would be off the table. The Canes have that shotgun blast draft approach, so they should be able to perhaps add another lesser goalie prospect back in the deal, maybe some other wildcard too.
:dunno:

He don't suck but he doesn't get you Askarov.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Gee thanks. He’s a really good prospect for the Canes.

For someone who is constantly trying to snipe at us, one would think you’d actually try to learn more about our players lol

You just got to stop overrating your prospects. Canes fans do this all the time. It's only the Canes fans who does this too which is annoying :sarcasm:

peconcan

Apr 24, 2020
Oh come on, he added a bunch of...stuff...to Robertson, that should surely get it done, no?
I was sort’ve wondering what more he’d want. I’m personally not huge on Knies but he’s rated pretty highly on the Leafs board
Edit: Didn’t realize you were also a Preds fan lol

Reactions: Bringer of Jollity

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
I was sort’ve wondering what more he’d want. I’m personally not huge on Knies but he’s rated pretty highly on the Leafs board
Edit: Didn’t realize you were also a Preds fan lol
One key is that we probably just don't want Robertson, at all. He's a skilled little guy, but that's not really a fit for how our team is building. Whereas Knies is scoring nicely and is a much bigger guy.

So something like Knies + 1st + some other goalie prospect might work... if such a time came that I was starting to lose faith in Askarov anyway, and was willing to cash him in for other futures. I don't think it will ever come to that. But I don't think our current team philosophy would accommodate Robertson as a centerpiece of any trade, that's for sure.

Reactions: peconcan

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
You just got to stop overrating your prospects. Canes fans do this all the time. It's only the Canes fans who does this too which is annoying :sarcasm:
Whoa this is deep coming from a Montreal fan . You might not but the majority of your fan base overvalues every single prospect they have.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Knies looks very impressive as a prospect so far. Certainly outperforming where he was picked at.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Askarov fits perfectly in with our next generation of prospects and we like to build from the net out. It'd take an elite prospect to get us to trade him imo, someone like Lundell.
Why are the Panthers trading their best C prospect for a goalie when they already have Knight?

Ledge And Dairy

You don’t think Askarov will be NHL starter ready before he’s 28?

Saros is a year younger than Vasilevsky, he’s not going anywhere anytime soon imo.

I don’t think Nashville’s scenario is like Florida’s where Bob’s clear successor in a couple years is Knight when Bob really starts declining due to age. Saros is only 6 years older, him and Askarov will definitely have a significant overlap period.
This assumes Saros signs another contract with Nashville, Either way it is far too early for them to want to move him. He's not NHL ready and probably won't be for a couple years. If they do decide to move him then it will be more along the lines of the Freddy Andersen trade from Anaheim, not the Rask trade from Toronto. Goalies are always so hit or miss due to the long development curve that they often hold their draft pedigree (if drafted highly) for quite a few years

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
You don’t think Askarov will be NHL starter ready before he’s 28?

Saros is a year younger than Vasilevsky, he’s not going anywhere anytime soon imo.

I don’t think Nashville’s scenario is like Florida’s where Bob’s clear successor in a couple years is Knight when Bob really starts declining due to age. Saros is only 6 years older, him and Askarov will definitely have a significant overlap period.
So hold onto Askarov until he’s nhl ready and trade Saros. You hold onto the younger goalie with a higher ceiling. Unless there’s a deal that can’t be turned down I don’t see why we’d trade Askarov.

Accelleratii

Jul 25, 2010
Pennsylvania
This is silly. Couldn't be a more perfect situation for Askarov as there will be no rushing him to the NHL. He can take the appropriate steps at each pro level and then essentially do an apprenticeship under Saros. Figure a 5-6 year trajectory before he's in the NHL at which point Saros will be about 32 years old and it'll be a slow handing of the torch very similar to what Rinne did with Saros. Saros had over 150 starts before he became #1 in Nashville.

The only issue now with the above plan is the war in Ukraine, as this situation might push the Predators to and get his ELC signed in the next few months to get him in the USA before that door closes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad