As a new hockey fan, I've decided to follow the Avs. Am I in the right place for a friendly community?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Making a thread live isn't hard. All you have to do is go back in and edit your original post, click the option to make it live, and save.
Making a thread live worsens the experience though. It's like eating broccoli for dessert... you can do it, buy why?

Reactions: Murzu

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
Making a thread live worsens the experience though. It's like eating broccoli for dessert... you can do it, buy why?
You can disable it for yourself globally. That's what I do

Sometimes I feel like they should create an algorithm that tags every thread I post in as OT.
I thought we all just had you on ignore?

• Haha
Reactions: expatriatedtexan

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
You can disable it for yourself globally. That's what I do

I thought we all just had you on ignore?
Ignoring the cancer allows it to spread.

76ieu0.png

• Haha
Reactions: expatriatedtexan

PorkBeans

Jul 12, 2024
Whales
Hello again fellow Avs fans! I just wanted to thank everyone again for the kind welcome- I feel that it's hard to come by these days, and it really makes me feel like I picked the right team to get behind. With baseball being the only sport on right now, my son is in heaven but it's just too slow for me to watch, so I figured it's a good time to brush up on some hockey knowledge, Haha! Who would you say is the absolute enemy of the Avs? Like if I saw an opposing jersey of this team out in public, I'd wag my finger at them and possibly give them a Stone Cold Stunner, Haha!

Also just a side question, I told my son I became a member of an online hockey forum, and he called me a 'beeda cuck'? Not sure what that means but I can never keep up with younger lingo. Whatever it means I'm sure it's not good, Haha!

- Alfonso

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Hello again fellow Avs fans! I just wanted to thank everyone again for the kind welcome- I feel that it's hard to come by these days, and it really makes me feel like I picked the right team to get behind. With baseball being the only sport on right now, my son is in heaven but it's just too slow for me to watch, so I figured it's a good time to brush up on some hockey knowledge, Haha! Who would you say is the absolute enemy of the Avs? Like if I saw an opposing jersey of this team out in public, I'd wag my finger at them and possibly give them a Stone Cold Stunner, Haha!

Also just a side question, I told my son I became a member of an online hockey forum, and he called me a 'beeda cuck'? Not sure what that means but I can never keep up with younger lingo. Whatever it means I'm sure it's not good, Haha!

- Alfonso
He called you a "Beta Cuck" and no it's not good unless you're into that sort of thing.

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006

- Alfonso
The old rivalry with the Red Wings is gone so I don’t think they’re the most hated right now. I’d say right now the most hated team for us is the Minnesota Wild and they’re in the same division. Although the Wild are just stuck at mediocrity and don’t really cause any problems for the Avs in the playoffs and stuff. Technically the Avs don’t have a real rival now days.

Maybe somewhat the Dallas Stars. They’ve always kinda been a rival with the Avs and always gave us problems in the playoffs including beating us in this last playoffs. They can probably be considered a rival for us. Avs and Stars are the top 2 teams in the central division and will probably see each other more times in the playoffs. We probably need to get passed them to win another cup

Last edited:

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022

- Alfonso
I think you heard your son wrong. He's not saying "beeda cuck" he's calling you NHL Hall of famer Keith Tkachuk. Keith Tkachuk's sons Brady and Matthew are both star NHL players. With Matthew Tkachuk winning the Stanley Cup this summer.

He's basically thanking you for being an awesome dad. Since now he has a chance at greatness too. It's like when I call my dad E-dawg instead of his real name Eric. I'm trying to tell him how awesome he is.

Reactions: katfude

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth

- Alfonso
lmao this has to be a troll job

katfude

Sep 25, 2015
Fun fact: the term cuck comes from the cuckoo, which lays its eggs in other bird's nests and lets them raise their shithead kids while they go girlbossing.

The shithead kid then murders the actual children so the new mom doesn't figure it out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad