Prospect Info: Arttu Ruotsalainen (Signed with Frolunda, SHL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
yes they can do rolling call ups.

i think if they sign Johnson/ Power to contracts and they play this year, they may send down Samuelson or/and Fitzgerald which then opens some other call ups.

They also would like Rochester to make the playoffs. if they were safely 8n or eliminated you might see rotating call ups.

They've already used three of the four free roster recalls. Sending people down doesn't make those slots available again, it's not a token system.

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA

i think if they sign Johnson/ Power to contracts and they play this year, they may send down Samuelson or/and Fitzgerald which then opens some other call ups.

They also would like Rochester to make the playoffs. if they were safely 8n or eliminated you might see rotating call ups.
Oh - thanks. I misunderstood that rule.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
R2 is going to get Piluted. They might be able to keep him by offering a $200K minor league salary but there's no way he gets a 1 way contract or signing bonus.

Paxon

202? Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY

Fitz maybe, but they aren sending Mattias down (until after the NHL season). He is a crucial part of the team now.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
R2 is going to get Piluted. They might be able to keep him by offering a $200K minor league salary but there's no way he gets a 1 way contract or signing bonus.
Both got long looks so I'm not sure what the Sabres should be doing differently. The time in Roch has been good for his development, so he certainly deserves another look, but he also needs to make it hard for them to not send him down.

Reactions: Chainshot

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
It's hard to look at this roster and figure out how all these guys fit together.

Is he playing C in roch? Does the AHL track FO%?

Yes to center, don't know on FO's (not really seeing him dominate the dot but that's just anecdotal). Could still slot in as a depth guy and is earning it with how his game has progressed. He's getting inside on teams and scoring from some ugly areas AND he still has that release that allow him to whip pucks from medium range.

Reactions: WhereAreTheCookies

WhereAreTheCookies

Feb 16, 2022
Top Shelf
Yes to center, don't know on FO's (not really seeing him dominate the dot but that's just anecdotal). Could still slot in as a depth guy and is earning it with how his game has progressed. He's getting inside on teams and scoring from some ugly areas AND he still has that release that allow him to whip pucks from medium range.
He gives me Nathan Gerbe vibes. Smaller guy (though not as small as Gerbe was), tenacious on the puck, willing to go into the dirty areas, and will camp out or drive the net which a lot of guys seem to shy away from. His small sample size this season he also seemed to be decent defensively and i wonder if long term both him and Asplund could eventually become bottom 6 wings who play some of the more difficult match-ups in place of Gus and Okposo.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
He gives me Nathan Gerbe vibes. Smaller guy (though not as small as Gerbe was), tenacious on the puck, willing to go into the dirty areas, and will camp out or drive the net which a lot of guys seem to shy away from. His small sample size this season he also seemed to be decent defensively and i wonder if long term both him and Asplund could eventually become bottom 6 wings who play some of the more difficult match-ups in place of Gus and Okposo.

I really haven't seen much of him outside his stints with the Sabres. Gerbe was a fireplug, I don't see that comparison. Maybe Paul Byron?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I really haven't seen much of him outside his stints with the Sabres. Gerbe was a fireplug, I don't see that comparison. Maybe Paul Byron?

I may be jaded because I saw Byron in the Q and he just outworked people. He was a rabid chihuahua - tiny and just would not stop. Arttu does remind me of a center version of Victor in a lot of ways.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
lookin on R2 seeing Power’s jersey number

1649460733491.jpeg

Attachments

• 1649460709062.jpeg
    1649460709062.jpeg
    58.4 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: joshjull

The Blunder Years

Nov 11, 2013
Not the biggest fan of R2 but I think he shoulda been given another call up this year. Maybe Adam’s knew the whole year he wasn’t going to stick around?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad