Prospect Info: Arttu Ruotsalainen (Signed with Frolunda, SHL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Please get him over Okposo.

Huh? Okposo has quite literally been one of our better forwards since RK got the axe. Heck, almost since Jack went out.

He's still overpaid........but he's an absolutely legit NHLer right now and has earned every bit of ice time he's gotten lately.

R2 should hopefully slide into the lineup now that Hall is going to be gone. I understand the staff wanting him to get a practice or two under his belt before sliding him in the lineup though.

Reactions: Ehran

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Thats an odd lament. Pilut left because he didn’t want to be where Irwin is on the depth chart.
No, he left because Sabres didn't give him a contract offer and thought he bluffed when he told them he had an offer from the KHL.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
No, he left because Sabres didn't give him a contract offer and thought he bluffed when he told them he had an offer from the KHL.

Pilut was a RFA and would get a QO which is a contract offer. But the QO was going to be a two way contract . Pilut wanted a one way deal and wanted to be a NHL regular. He saw both were unlikely to happen so he bounced to the KHL.

The guys blocking his path to being a top 6 regular did not include Irwin.

Last edited:

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Thats an odd lament. Pilut left because he didn’t want to be where Irwin is on the depth chart.
It seems like he wasn't given much of a chance though.

Maybe it selective memory but wasn't he kind of put on the back burner while a guy like bogo demanded a trade and still played over him. Maybe my timeline is off, I don't know.

But going back to year 1, it always felt (from the outside at least) that getting him in the lineup was pulling teeth

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
It seems like he wasn't given much of a chance though.

Maybe it selective memory but wasn't he kind of put on the back burner while a guy like bogo demanded a trade and still played over him. Maybe my timeline is off, I don't know.

But going back to year 1, it always felt (from the outside at least) that getting him in the lineup was pulling teeth

I don’t disgree. But when he got a chance even he said he wasn’t happy with the results. He seemed to want a top 6 spot but hadn’t done quite a enough to earn one. So his demands for a one way deal didn’t seem that realistic. If he wasn’t looking to leave North America he probably would have been playing for us this year and at least the #7 dman.

But specific to Irwin. I’m just saying Irwin was not an impediment to him being here. If anything Irwin is here in part because he left.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
I don’t disgree. But when he got a chance even he said he wasn’t happy with the results. He seemed to want a top 6 spot but hadn’t done quite a enough to earn one. So his demands for a one way deal didn’t seem that realistic. If he wasn’t looking to leave North America he probably would have been playing for us this year and at least the #7 dman.

But specific to Irwin. I’m just saying Irwin was not an impediment to him being here. If anything Irwin is here in part because he left.
Yeah, I guess I just wish we had been able to show him it was worth sticking around.

I have nothing tangible but it does seem Ralph had his guys and those in the club felt more valued than those outside. Of course, Ralph is a popular target now, so it might be unfair to pin it all on that

Reactions: joshjull

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Yeah, I guess I just wish we had been able to show him it was worth sticking around.

I have nothing tangible but it does seem Ralph had his guys and those in the club felt more valued than those outside. Of course, Ralph is a popular target now, so it might be unfair to pin it all on that
A few things could be pointed to as reasons Pilut didn’t really get a good shot. I’d say the Miller trade was a big one.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Bring him up to sit him on the bench so you can play 7 defensemen. God I hate this organization.

The plan was always to keep him out of this NJ game. I think they want him watching and getting some time in practice with the team before debuting, but he'll definitely draw in soon.

Reactions: Ehran

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I read that he didn't play because of the place in the cap, is that true? Why the hell can't we put McCabe or Girgensons in LTIR so that we have a place in the cap and R2 can play, it's weird.

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
Well it’s Ken Daneyko. He’s probably taken as many punches to the head as Rob Ray has.
They actually look kind of similar, too:
DaneykoKen.jpg

rob-ray-of-the-buffalo-sabres-poses-for-a-portrait-on-september-1-at-picture-id1519051

Has anybody ever seen them in the same room together?

Reactions: Der Jaeger

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad