Rumor: Arthur Kaliyev to Ottawa?

Warh1ppy

Feb 14, 2018
There’s absolutely no world where Pinto would be traded for Kaliyev. This is a buy low trade or swap of players for new opportunities. Pinto does not fit that description
If Pinto was available at all I'd 100% expect the team I favour to roll out a quality offer or nothing at all.

That's the kind of young player you know will explode at some point as a quality role player

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
Because Arizona and Ottawa have iced stacked teams over the years... Not that this is about him, but you're off-base with that statement.
AZ improved swapping DURZI! for Chychrun.

Ottawa regressed after adding -30

Ottawa is looking at moving Chychrun & not signing him long term because they realized their mistake. Also fired that GM.

Kaliyev's value isn't great & the King's should probably just play him instead of someone like JAD, but I want no part of Chychrun. I've seen Kupari burn him & he didn't even score a goal last year.

Edit: This isn't an anti Ottawa take. Ask RJ about my opinion on Chychrun when he was in AZ.

UED

May 2, 2021
They need to get rid of Chabot and Brannstrom not get another 3rd line scorer. If he's cheap it doesn't hurt it's just a waste of time.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Not sure why Ottawa has any interest in Kaliyev since there's no room for him in the top 6 and he isn't a bottom 6 player.

Joseph is in trade rumors
Norris is made of glass

Kaliyev could be a cheap filler with some upside.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Sens fans, how is Kleven developing? Wouldnt mind him on the 3rd pair with Clarke. Havent followed him lately but I liked him in Junior.

His value is probably similar to Bahl who just got traded to Calgary. A lot of Sens fans want to see him play 3rd pair as he's more of a natural fit than Brannstrom is. In terms of being ready, he's close. Maybe this year but certainly next if not.

I'd be shocked if Ottawa traded him in a deal for anything other than a 1G or top-4 RD.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
His value is probably similar to Bahl who just got traded to Calgary. A lot of Sens fans want to see him play 3rd pair as he's more of a natural fit than Brannstrom is. In terms of being ready, he's close. Maybe this year but certainly next if not.

I'd be shocked if Ottawa traded him in a deal for anything other than a 1G or top-4 RD.
I think you are overvaluing Bahl or undervaluing Kleven. Based on the last line of your post, I’m guessing its the former.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Doesn't really seem like the sort of player that Ottawa is specifically lacking to help them "turn the corner".

I guess...he'd be a cheap Tarasenko replacement? Not sure that's something that needed replacing though, per se.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Kaliyev cant bring half of what Tarasenko can.

Well yeah. But when we're talking "cheap replacements"...he's a bit like the subpar No Name Brand version of the same sort of thing. And not like...the specific brand "No Name Brand". Just like...some cruddy generic substitute product. Like the weird Chinese knockoff of a thing you get off Amazon if you're not paying attention.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
The draft is less than a week away. I imagine that he'll be traded for a pick, not for a player or in a package. A 3rd rounder seems more than reasonable, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's a later pick because Blake would probably rather take a 4th that he can use next Saturday than hold out for a 3rd that would have to wait until next year to use.

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
The draft is less than a week away. I imagine that he'll be traded for a pick, not for a player or in a package. A 3rd rounder seems more than reasonable, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's a later pick because Blake would probably rather take a 4th that he can use next Saturday than hold out for a 3rd that would have to wait until next year to use.
I think it will be 2nd round pick

Reactions: Fatass

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
After thinking on it, King's should absolutely trade for Chychrun. It would almost guarantee Blake getting fired.
Has Chychrun even been on an nhl team that’s a winner? Could Ottawa just be trying to get a couple young assets from the Kings for him? AK +?

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
Kaliyev and the Kings 1st round pick (21st overall)
for Ottawa first round pick (25th overall from Boston), a 2nd round pick, and either Kastelic or a 4th round pick.
So Kings move back a couple slots for an extra pick and basically trade Kaliyev for a 4th or Kastelic.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I think the style of play that Kleven plays makes him unlikely to move unless it's for something really good. A guy like Kaliyev who was a healthy scratch for large parts of last year won't be all that appealing.

sensfan4lifee

May 21, 2024
Has Chychrun even been on an nhl team that’s a winner? Could Ottawa just be trying to get a couple young assets from the Kings for him? AK +?
Chychrun isnt as bad as Sens fans make out to be the problem with the Sens is they have no structure as far as coaching is concerned, I think if you put Chychrun on a structured team like boston or florida he would be fine and thrive, he just needs a solid stay at home D to cover for him, the problem with the sens is we have too many LD and not any RD, really Zub is our only decent one. The sens dont need Kaliyev we need to use assets to get Ullmark and a Winger also sign Tanev and that would improve the right side.

Reactions: BradyTkachucky

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Kaliyev legit is awesome. He has a ton of potential. Awfully used player by this organization. Terrible mismanagement. Would benefit greatly getting out of this cancerous organization to an organization that actually lets him play

Reactions: Hamilton Bulldogs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad